Pokémon Training & Daily Attempts (Last refresh: 2/24/16)

Started by Throndir, December 23, 2014, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ella

Letina Rae Desl?geech

Okay... She could do this. They could do this. All she had to do was stay calm, cool, and collected. Yes. Calm and collected. Calm... Letina reached for a Pok?ball in her bag. It was not labelled, but the young woman knew exactly who it was. Her heart beat faster and it became hard to breathe as her body tensed slightly.

No. She was not ready yet. She had to start all over again. Letina withdrew her hand and forced herself to inhale and exhale slowly, as though meditating. How would she ever become a Pok?mon breeder if she could not even keep herself in control with her own Pok?mon? She couldn't. And that is exactly why she knew her parents were right in making her finish her schooling before letting her grandparents give her her first Pok?mon.

The young Lady had chosen to train herself and her Pok?mon in a flower field outside of the town where her grandparents lived and ran their daycare center. It was far enough away that she would not bother anyone but the random passersby and the setting should have been enough to help her keep calm. Ohhhhhhhhhhh~ Why was this so hard?

Reminding herself that she was supposed to be breathing steadily, Letina reigned her thoughts in. Breathe in. Hold. Breathe out. Hold. Breathe in. Hold. Breathe out. Hold... She continued thinking as she followed her own orders. She eventually stopped commanding herself on how to breathe when she felt comfortable enough to continue doing it without thinking about it. Keep calm. That is what Ladies do. That is what medics do. That is what Pok?mon breeders do. If she was to be all three, then she also had to keep calm. Calm... Cool... Collected...

Keeping on that train of thought, the young woman reached into her bag once again. Not letting herself thing about it, she pulled the ball she had grabbed from her bag and quickly called the creature inside out. "Go, Quilz!" The tiny fire rodent came out, greeting her master and friend with the most adorable voice.

"OH MY GOSH." Letina squealed, plucking Quilz from the ground and squeezing her in a hug. "You're so cute! You're the cutest Pok?mon ever! I love you sooooooo much!" This was exactly what Letina had been trying to not do. Why was it so hard? All she had to do was just not let her love for Cyndaquils overwhelm her. Why could she not do that? It did not help that Quilz had a cuddly nature, so she only encouraged Letina's antics by being so cute.

It took Letina about half an hour of hugging, petting, and exclaiming all things about how awesome and adorable Quilz was before she finally calm down. This had to stop. If she ever got into a battle, she would probably either lose or never be able to use Quilz. That was not fair to Quilz at all. Blaise couldn't have all the fun!

Now that she was finally calmed down enough to not feel the need to love on Quilz, Letina called out her second Pok?mon, Blaise. It was easier holding herself back from glomping the little fire bird, though she still felt the need to give him some love and affection like she did for Quilz, especially when she was cold. Unlike his rodent friend, Blaise did not enjoy his master's tight hugs as much. Or so he made it seem. Letina believed he was just acting out because of his naughty nature. The little rebel.

"Okay, guys! You remember what we did last time? We're doing it again! Lets attack those weeds!" Whenever the young woman chose to train in the flower field, she decided part of their training would involve helping to keep it beautiful by getting rid of the weeds that might choke the flowers. She told them that they could use their actual attacks as long as they did not harm the flowers or creatures that might also be in the field. Her Torchic would scratch them all up, digging into the earth to peck out the roots. Quilz on the other hand would dash and pounce on them, as if she were actually a cat type Pok?mon trying to catch mice, then she would proceed to gently digging them out. All of Letina's willpower went into keeping herself from pouncing on the little rodent and showering her with affection for being so cute. It helped that she had tasked herself with following the two around and picking up the dug up weeds to pile up in a back corner of the field.

When she was finally satisfied with the size of the weed pile, Letina called for a rest. She checked both Pok?mon to make sure neither had been injured during their activities before laying out a little picnic of sorts. It simply would not do if they got sick because she did not feed them properly during their training. It was very important that a Pok?mon breeder take excellent care of her Pok?mon.

Once their meal was eaten and they were all fully rested, the next part of their training began. Quilz was to keep the fire going on her back for as long as possible while Blaize and Letina burned the weeds over it. Blaise had to run back and forth from weed pile to Quilz and try to clear the weed pile away as quickly as possible. They were training their endurance and their speed now. Although most Cyndaquil only shot fire out of their back when they were upset or in danger, since Quilz was still young and therefor her fire was weaker, it was good for her to practice doing it. Blaise on the other hand did not need any practice with his fiery attacks, they were plenty powerful. He was, however, far to unsteady on his feet, even for a Torchic, so the extra training would help a lot.

The weed pile was almost gone when the fire on Quilz's back went out. Seeing this, Blaise decided to finish the job the fast way and spit a fireball at the remaining weeds.

"Blaise!" Letina scolded him, quickly unfolding her picnic blanket to put the fire out. "You can't do that here, remember? We don't want to catch the whole flower field on fire, right?" Blaise looked away, embarrassed and upset. He was probably jealous, too, since Quilz got to use her fire but Letina had not let him. She smothered the fire with the blanket, disappointed that she had lost yet another one since she had begun training her Pok?mon. Maybe she would have to do some individual training with him that used his fireballs, since he seemed to really enjoy using them. Next time, maybe she would take him to the route that led to water so he could spit fireballs out over the water.

"You guys did an excellent job today!" She told them both once the fire was completely taken care of and the burned blanket was packed away. Both chirped happily, although Quilz looked extremely tired. "Quilz, you should get some rest." The small rodent chirped again before returning to her ball. Letina scooped up her Torchic, enjoying the feel of his warm little body. "Come on Blaise, lets go home and get some rest, too." With that, after a long day of training in the flower field, Letina and her Pok?mon went home to rest.

[spoiler=Luck roll.][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteLetina, Blaise, and Quilz for 2 hours altogether (1 hour each Pokemon), and received 4 exp.
1.25 + 2 = 3.25
1st half hour: 3 exp
2nd half hour: 1 exp
Total: 4 exp

I've updated your sheet. Granted bonus exp for roleplaying post.

Throndir

[spoiler]Fayleen, and Kedric do training with their starters. I'll write up a post some time. Saving Nena for when she gets her Minun and exp! :D

Fayleen's luck roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

Kedric's luck roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]

QuoteNo bonus exp for Fayleen and Kedric until a post qualifies.

Fayleen
1.25 + 3 =4.25
1st half hour: 4 exp
2nd half hour: 2 exp
3rd half hour: 1 exp
Total: 7 exp

Kedric
1.25 + 3 =4.25

Throndir

[spoiler]Kedric uses Sandshrew's ability: Pickup
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]

QuoteLetina receives:
Awakening
Cure Sleep $200

Fayleen receives:
$300

Kedric receives:
Dire Hit
Increases Critical Hit Range of all moves by +2. $600

Throndir

QuoteKedric receives:
Roseli Berry
Weakens foe?s supereffective Fairy-type move*

Linwelin

Daniel and Bolt were wandering the mountains of Sinnoh's Route 211, which was a very peaceful path. The sun was shining nicely, there was a cool breeze, and everything seemed to be nice and relaxing. But there was a problem. This lack of activity had left the duo a little restless. Just as they were both starting to show sign of their need for activity, they came across a cut-away portion of the path that left a flat and open area full of random sizes of rocks and boulders.

Daniel thought this would make an excellent place to train.

"Hey, Bolt. How about we train your evasion a little?" Dan spoke down toward Bolt, who in turn looked back with interest. Daniel could see his partner was equally in need of some play-time. Though not entirely playful, training fit the bill. Bolt made some motions for Daniel to lead the way, so he smiled and ventured into the area.

"So, what I was thinking is I throw some rocks your way while you run at me. You dodge the rocks and make it to me, then I'll cook something up as a reward. You point out what you want, of course." He says with a wink of encouragement. "Don't worry, I won't be pitching fastballs, but they won't be slow either. Anyways, first, help me gather some rocks."

The duo spend the first 15 minutes gathering small rocks, which Bolt moves either by picking them up in his mouth, or pushing them to the pile Dan had started. Once a good number of stones began, Bolt headed off a ways, and waited for the signal to start. Dan got the first few stones in his hands, then shouted, "Go!"

Bolt instantly started sprinting, and Dan almost just as quickly threw the first stone, which Bolt side-stepped easily. "Oh? Faster then..." Dan put a little more power behind the next one, which nicked Bolt on the side when he tried to dodge. That'll do. Dan thought as he let loose the next rock. Now that he had the power down, Dan was throwing them more quickly in succession, and Bolt had a hard time for this first round. He'd taken about half the throws, though they were just a little larger than pebble sized. Nothing too great in damage, as Dan wasn't trying to actually hurt his friend, but enough to leave an ache.

"Not bad, but you haven't earned your prize just yet. Three hits and you're out of the running. Once more!" Dan semi-shouted, and Bolt wandered back with a defeated, yet determined expression. He had his eye on the prize; Bolt had seen Daniel stumble upon and pick some Pecha berries a while ago, and knew that he could make some honeyed Pecha candy bars. Bolt's sweet tooth overcame his other sensibilities. And though Dan could see the determination, he didn't understand exactly how strongly his partner wanted his prize.

So once again, Bolt darted out toward Daniel, and Dan began throwing the stones. Left, right, jump, duck, roll, Bolt was unstoppable in his die-hard sprint, losing track of what was happening around him, focusing only on the next stone coming at him. In a last spurt, Bolt lunged past the final stone, tackling Dan backward. After a 'guh!' and some laughter from the both of them, Daniel reported the number of hits to his partner with his fingers. Two. the over-excited Shinx had dodged two of the 20 or so stones thrown his way. Dan was honestly impressed. And Bolt was obviously drooling.

Dan ruffled Bolt's fur and ears atop his head, smiling, "Ok, ok. Now then, what candy do you want this time, you sweet-tooth." The Shinx's response was simply to walk over to Dan's bag, dig through it, and retrieve the bag of Pecha berries. Dan sighed, "So you want even sweeter sweets? Bolt, you're gonna get fat." Bolt's ears lowered for a split second, but he immediately looked back up and growled happily, almost a purr. And Dan could have swear he'd seen Bolt shrug, as if to say 'Oh well!'

So Dan spent the next half hour cooking up as many Pecha treats as he could manage, trying to keep up with Bolt's sweet tooth. It was to no avail, of course, but he at least satisfied the Shinx. Though he definitely needed to re-supply in the next town.

[spoiler]Trained for an hour.

[blockquote]Luck Roll:  1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteDaniel and Bolt trains for 1 hour.
1.75 + 2 = 3.75
1st half hour: 3 exp
2nd half hour: 1 exp
Total: 4 exp

Daniel receives:
Expert Belt
Whenever the holder deals Super Effective Damage, they deal an additional 5 damage (this damage is not multiplied). Accessory Item for Trainers. $3500

Throndir

Fayleen Ains / Kedric Larns

The shovel shoved into the ground again and again. The sun was out, and though it may have been unbearable to do what Kedric was doing in such a sunny day; it was still winter and there was enough cool wind to keep the student's body cool. That said, he had been working for a few hours, and even Kedric began to feel the heat and weariness. Like usual, Kedric had been digging holes, but there was one other person with him this time around, simply sitting on a nearby rock as Kedric and his Sandshrew, Digger, continued to shovel and widen their latest project; a hole. He would have been excited, seeing the hole deepen and widen was enough to always bring a tear of joy to his eye. But there was something bothering him. Or more specifically, someone.

"Just going to sit there all day?" He finally asked Fayleen who had just been staring at his work for the last hour. She didn't respond. This wasn't usually like her, at least for the few times Fayleen would be around, or from the stories Nena would occasionally tell. Fayleen seemed to be quite the vibrant young lady. Much like himself, he decided, but not quite either. For example, Fayleen didn't quite love digging holes the way he did. Which he found totally ridiculous, who could not love digging holes? The feel of the dirt shoveling aside, the work as something marvelous starts to spring into life in front of one's very eyes; it was simply marvelous.

"Digging holes is the best thing ever!" He randomly exclaimed, not realizing that he had spoken out loud. This time Fayleen was quick to respond.

"You always say that." She snapped.

"No my lady! I think it." He corrected. Fayleen didn't respond however, and simply slumped back on the rock she sat on. Kedric began picking up his shovel again, and shoved it into the ground, removing another batch of fresh dirt. "So something wrong?" He re-iterated his first question from before.

Fayleen looked up at him, but looked back down after, her eyes looked worried. She looked up again a second after that, and though it took her a few more moments to speak, she finally did so.

"It's my sister..." She said.

"Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!" Kedric interrupted.

"No! I mean, what, how did you even-" She sighed then but decided to continue; she expected that he'd say something similar to that after all. "She's on her first assignment from the academy. It explains why she isn't here, like she usually is. But this time it's one of those assignments where you're sent to some far off town. Do something special, then come back. She told me it's a long journey, and with all those creepy men and gangs... I just wish I was with her. She was pretty excited when she first got her Vulpix, so I suppose I should have seen this coming. But I can't help but be worried for her, you know?" Fayleen said as she sighed again.

Kedric listened intently, even stopped his digging when Fayleen began talking. For some reason or another however, he had begun to unbutton his shirt. Fayleen, too preoccupied with her own thoughts and telling her story, didn't realize until Kedric had his shirt completely unbuttoned. He had this strange serious look in his eyes.

"W-wha-what are you doing?!" She said, slightly blushing.

"I know exactly what to do." He said seriously as he winked.

With that Kedric had taken off his shirt, his bare chest exposed in front of Fayleen. She didn't know what was happening. She didn't know what to think.

The guy just took off his shirt! His freakin' shirt!

"I-I'm not ready for that!" She stuttered as she back away from him. "It's too soon and this isn't the place, a-and- She gulped. "Y-you don't mean...? "

"Exactly what I mean" He replied back. Fayleen's eyes widened, but Kedric continued before Fayleen could respond.

"It was getting really really hot."

The girl paused, processing what the student had just done. To her surprise Kedric simply went back to his work, digging his hole like usual, Digger at his side like always. She stood in shock, not quite knowing how to respond, or even say at that particular moment. Thankfully Kedric broke the silence as he pulled out another shovel from seemingly out of no where, and handed it to Fayleen.

"I wouldn't mind some help." He stated simply. Fayleen hesitantly took the shovel from his hands, and Kedric immediately went back to work, his hands skilled and gently tunneling into the earth making the hole that much wider. Fayleen stared for a few seconds later, her worries for her sister gone, at least for the time being. In that exact moment everything was peaceful.

"HAHAHAHA! This will be the most glorious of all holes!"

Well. At least until Kedric ruined it.

Lanelja

Dusty had started training on his own this morning. Or at least, Sev was pretty sure this was his idea of training.

The Trapinch had found a small hill near their campsite, and had taken to pitching himself down it. With his head so large and round, the journey involved a lot of rolling and wobbling, and more often than not he would end up on his back, flailing in frustration as he tried to get back on his feet. He'd grunt and grumble and his tiny legs would kick in the air, and it was equal parts adorable and unnerving for Sev, especially when he threw a fit when she tried to roll him back over.

"I just want to help!" she insisted, but his little growls seemed to equate to "Noooo, let me get this!" and she'd settled for sitting in the grass at the hill's bottom, watching him.

It took a good portion of the afternoon??he'd refused to stop for lunch??but Sev began to notice him catching himself on his feet a bit more often, and rolling back upright just a little bit faster. With dinner fast approaching, she decided she'd try whipping up something special to reward him for his hard work today. And maybe also to fill him up enough that he might feel like actually taking it easy tomorrow.

Throndir

QuoteSev and Dusty train 1.5 hours, and received 7 exp.
1.75 + 3 = 4.75

I've updated your sheet.

Extra exp granted to Sev for roleplaying.

Sev's luck roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteSev receives:
Fast Ball
-20 Modifier if the target has a Movement Capability above 7. $800

I've updated your sheet.

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon / Vinny Drechsler

"Look at that, we've finally made it back!" Sigon exhaled gratefully. The journey to the Pok? Mart wasn't terribly long, but trying to convince the other shoppers to hand over the last Pok? Doll wasn't the easiest thing to do. Luckily, someone else was paying for him to get it. Escape items were never something Sigon cared to make use of anyway. This item was an errand he was asked to run by someone at the academy who, for one reason or another, couldn't or didn't want to go and get it himself. There probably wasn't any reward to get from it, but the nice walk to and from town had many pleasant sites along the way, and that was perhaps reward enough for Sigon.

"What do you think, Parfait? Worth it to go all that way?"

"Toge-breeeeee!" The Togepi in his arms was elatedly munching away at a Chesto Berry Sigon had picked on their way back. Clearly that was a resounding "yes!", if only because of the berry treat.

"Yas! You have returned!" cried a voice from the small pond near the academy grounds. "Das ist perfect!" The man was on the verge of laughter and his voice clearly showed it.

Sigon couldn't possibly mistake that half-Plattdeutsch accent; it was the man who had sent him on this errand. He wasn't sure exactly what to make of the excitement he was making over a Clefairy Doll, but obviously he must have something particularly fascinating planned for it. Sigon might just have to stick around to see what he does with it.

"Here you are, a genuine Pok? Doll! Made in... somewhere. All yours!" Sigon retrieved the doll from his pouch and tossed it gently over.

"Is wundersch?n!" The man cried as he caught the doll and held it high above his head, "Kimmel vill be so happy!"

Sigon subconsciously took a step backward. Being happy to receive an item was one thing, but brandishing it over your head and shouting how absolutely ecstatic it makes you feel is taking it a little over the top. At this rate, Sigon wasn't sure he wanted to see why the man requested a Pok? Doll after all. He glanced down at the Togepi in his arms for a moment, looking somewhat confused, before responding. "I'm glad you like it. I think we'll be going now."

"But vait!" the man shouted about as loudly as he had been celebrating moments before, "You must allow me szank you! I have berries!"

Clearly, that had caught Parfait's attention. Sigon surely wouldn't be allowed to leave until Togepi was full of said berries.

(Translation: wundersch?n = beautiful
"Szank" is "thank" with a German accent)

(Here's a poorly-written post for what I guess maybe could be counted as training? Maybe next time he'll actually train. I'll work on a character sheet for Vinny later on.)

[spoiler]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/spoiler]

[spoiler] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Throndir

QuoteKathos Sigon, Vinny Murga, and their starters train 1.5 hours, and received 7 exp.
1.25 + 3 = 4.25

I've updated your sheet.

Extra exp granted for roleplaying.

Sigon receives:
Aguav Berry
Bitter  Treat*,  Smart Poffin Ingredient. $250

Vinny receives:
Qualot Berry
Defense Suppressant*. $500

*Treat Berries heal 1/8th of the Pok?mon?s Max HP. If the user likes the Treat?s flavor, it heals 1/6th instead. If the user dislikes the treat?s flavor, the user is Confused.
*Suppressant Berries lower the indicated Base Stat by 1 when consumed by a Pok?mon. This effect only works if the Pok?mon?s trainer wishes it to.

Burdenking

[spoiler]Train for hour and a half, Abra and Growlith[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteOreah, Abra, and Growlith train 1.5 hours, and received 7 exp.
1.25 + 3 = 4.25

I've updated your sheet.

No bonus exp, will add when qualifying post is written.

Oreah receives:
Watmel Berry
Cute or Smart Poffin Ingredient $250