[IC] Feast of Thanks Year Three

Started by Throndir, November 25, 2014, 11:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

As the Guild of Galas'nor prepared for the Feast of Thanks this year, the members were already hard at work. The kitchen fires were already fired up and burning, with the multitude of guild chefs clamoring for space as they created dishes for the upcoming feast. Each year the celebrations of the Guild of Galas'nor were known for their extravagant displays of food for both the guild members and the general populace of Ternadan. And this year was no less different as adventurers turned chef, maids, and butlers hurriedly prepared the various tables in their hall to serve endless amounts of food. Not only that, colorful lights and streamers decorated the interior hall of the guild giving a sense of festivities. Even outside the guild, to the general populace of the city of Ternadan, the people celebrated the day by hanging up banners and lighting tall torches right outside each building.

In every home and building a feast was going on as friends and family took their time to enjoy each others' company. The demand for food on this day was always staggering, already the poor shopkeeper of the store D' n D' licious was near out of stock. However, this time around there was a strict verdict from the city of Ternadan to prevent any magical alterations to turkeys. Unlike previous years where wizards took up on magically altering the feathered beasts, this time they were not allowed and any caught doing so would have been repirimanded. Even now the townsquare was packed full with many aspiring mages, bound, gagged, and kept from any turkey-related interactions. This was of course for the good of the city, for we know what happened the last two years.

In fact, many townsfolk have taken up a sign saying "Not this time. No more turkeys!" They recall in horror the events of the previous years as they keep on chanting "Not this time! Not this time!" Those festivities were hardly taken note however, as the guild of Galas'nor continued to prepare for the feast, and this time around not include any sort of magically altered turkeys.

Meanwhile, in dark alley ways, and hidden buildings, waited the very beasts the town seeked to avoid; turkeys. These were the survivors of the previous two wars, and since then they have honed their skills, mastered their turkey arts, and prepared for battle once again. They had a year to prepare, training in many a moonless night as they skillfully hid from the Ternadan watchmen. They were scarred individuals, having lost many of their friends and family to the horrors of the years before. They were prepared, and they wanted vengeance. Unlike before where they had mindlessly swarmed, this time they had a purpose.

A single voice erupted loudly during the celebration the Guild of Galas'nor was having.

"Guild! We're under attack! It's the turkeys! ... Well you know I should have seen this coming." Right outside their gates were turkeys. Not hundreds of them like the previous years, only a handful this time around, but each brandished their own set of weapons. Some held staves, others swords and shields, some turkeys even had bows. They were garbed in an array of clothings and armor, and in their eyes burned the fire of revenge. Some looked vaguely familiar, though you had little time to examine them closer as one of them spoke.

"Gobble gob gobble gob gob."

QuoteTranslation: We are the guild of Turkey'nor.

And with that the turkeys exploded into action.

[spoiler]You may choose to participate or not. Exp for this event is not party shared. Killing blows grant exp. This event will last until sometime early next year. Depends on activity really. Kill as many turkeys as you can.

Turkeys have the same stats as player characters. For each player character that moves, I'll be moving the matching turkey. I will add a turkey for each player.

If you want to use a different character, or if I didn't include you in the pictures here, just jump in anyways.

Close spoiler to end music.

http://www.youtube.com/v/P3Su4zkLIcg&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin almost cheered at the sight of these battle-born turkeys, but not just because he itched to fight them. Lyolf, dammit, they finally have a use! This was all the halfling thought as he dung out a preserved bag and a torch, lighting it and heading outside to "greet" them. For Kin also had revenge on his mind. The birds were determined to spoil their feast every year, to the point that the town didn't even want to look upon the fowls. He'd make sure they wouldn't come back.

Kin rushed down the stairs and out the doors to stand before the group of turkeys. "So you've made a guild to band against us, this time? Survived our past battles, huh? Honestly, we held no hard feelings toward you, and have even reprimanded those responsible for performing magic upon you. But I can see that this time it's personal." Kin gave them a devilish grimace as he lit his torch and poured out the bag he'd brought with him. "The let's MAKE this personal." He uttered madly as the 7 oil-drenched turkeys Lyolf had gifted him last year came tumbling out and across the ground. With a single, swift motion, Kin lit each turkey ablaze before their live counterparts.

"You've only ever caused me trouble, and now you literally stand at our doorstep threatening us again. Let me return your kindness!"

The swordsman drew his greatsword and held it in a parrying stance, defensively, while continuing to hold his wicked grin.

"COME!"

[spoiler]Kin spends his turn pulling that stunt, then takes a defensive stance, waiting for their approach.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Annia Siadon / Golas RornNyuko Nyun / Katrias Lyseer

"So.. these-yan are fabled the turkeys-nya!" Nyuko said excitedly. He still reverted back to his own language's speech patterns, though with Serena, his teacher and mentor, had help him slowly start mastering the common language. It was his first year of thanks with the guild of Galas'nor and even though he's heard of the stories it was a sight to behold to actually see them. There was a wide grin on his face as he proclaimed.

"Time for formation-nya!" He beckoned to his friends around him, he himself taking this pose with his claws extended forward.

"Well we did practice for it."

"Ugh. Do we really have to? You know how much I love looking like a fool."

"Buahahahaha!"

Annia stood beside Nyuko her shield drawn, and wielding what looked to be a longsword. Katrias took the other side, willing her hands to glow in preparation for a spell. Whilst Golas took the back one hand raised holding his sword.

"Pretty badass, right-nyan?" Nyuko commented. Annia smiled softly. Golas roared in laughter again. While Katrias groaned.

Throndir

Throndir

Before anyone else could react, at Kin's display of dead turkeys at his feet one of the turkeys directly ahead of Kin blew up in anger. That turkey proceeded to pull out what looked to be a large greatsword, larger than what looked capable of wielding for a turkey so small. And indeed, that particular turkey looked around half the size of its fellow peers.

"Gob gobble gobble gobbly gobble-gobble gob GOB GOBBLE GOB GOB!"

QuoteTranslation: "You kill my friends, slay our kin, now just you wait and PREPARE TO DIE!"

With that the short turkey charged with his huge greatsword in tow, surprisingly lifting it above his head preparing to block or dodge any incoming missiles thrown its way.

[spoiler]Turkey: Double move action west. 40 ft. total.[/spoiler]

Zultar

"Rawr" Zultar says as he charges to the center of the map and plunges his falchion straight into the ground.

[spoiler]Move 40 ft. East (barbarian movement speed). Use Total Defense for +4 AC.[/spoiler]

kitkat27

"Someone distract them while I shoot." Gael said as he pulled out his flutegun.

[spoiler]Gael: Move behind Zultar, full movement speed 30 ft. east, ready an action to shoot if another turkey gets close enough (closer than current short turkey)[/spoiler]

Golas Rorn

Golas Rorn

There was a familiar laughing as the battle was just about to start.

"Buahahahahaha!" But his laughing was abruptly cut short as he saw Kin dump out the dead turkey, lighting them ablaze. The smell was bad, but just the sight of old meat made the large man's stomach grumble in queasiness. He had vivid recollections of consuming the rotten meat Jin had tricked him into eating, so the reminder did not settle well with him or his breakfast earlier that day, which happened to be a pound of meat. He felt bile rise up his throat as the smell of the burning dead turkey meat assaulted his nostrils.

"You know little man. My appetite for turkey just kinda-"

But he didn't finish. The large man vomited.

[spoiler]Fullround action to vomit. :D[/spoiler]

Ella

Callista Fae

Having not participating in the battles of previous years on the day of the Feast of Thanks, the faerie was not entirely sure what to expect when the call to arms was made. She thought they had finished off the turkeys last year, but it appeared there were a few survivors. Callista would have stayed up in her room once again for fear that one of the turkeys would catch and eat her as if she were a bug, but Annia had told her that she would be a big help. Even if she stayed invisible and attacked from the air, since turkey's could not fly.

So, here she was, sitting on Annia's shoulder, invisible and waiting for the turkeys to get closer. She had something planned for the moment they got close enough to her. She just hoped everyone would listen when she shouted out her instructions.

[spoiler]Callista: Waits on the defensive for an opportune moment.[/spoiler]

Katrias Lyseer

Katrias Lyseer / Golas Rorn

The wizard would have launched into spellcasting. In fact, she had already began preparing willing her hands to glow to launch a spell. But the moment Golas turned green from the stench, Katrias paused and stood with her mouth wide.

"Golas. You are not ever going to do that ever ever again in my presence!" Katrias looked annoyed. "No sarcasm this time either. That was disgusting."

"Hey little missy, the stench is just-" The large man paused, his face was green, as his features started to distort into agony; it was easy to tell he was trying to hold something in.

"You better not be doing what I think you're-"

There was an audible gurgling and sloshing sound.

"..." To her credit she still cast a spell at the enemies.

[spoiler]Kelgore's Grave Mist on the enemies.[/spoiler]
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Throndir

The mist expanded, and the turkeys saw the danger they were in as they split their formation. Surprisingly they were calm and collected. A turkey from the distance dressed with a strange hat looked like it was casting a spell. Soon enough a red glow surrounded its feathers, and a moment later a bolt of magic came blasting from it, headed straight towards Annia.

"Gobble gob gobble goob gobble gobble."

QuoteTranslation: You know how I just love humans.

[spoiler]Move away as far as possible north from mist.
Turkey casts Kelgore's Firebolt at Annia and deals 10 damage.

Damage Dealt:
Annia: 10[/spoiler]

Annia Siadon

Annia Siadon

It was strange. The first year the turkeys mindlessly swarmed at them and the town. Threatening townsfolk, endangering children, and even fatally wounding those that got in their way; including the mages that brought them forth. They were a threat to the entire city, and when danger and defense of Ternadan was concerned, the guild was always there to combat it. The second year it was much the same, though the turkeys had adapted and even began using spells at them. But none the less, they were still a mob, and would have killed if it weren't for their guild.

But now... It was revenge. Turkeys who should not have any concept of the matter, have grasped the concept of revenge, and that in itself spoke of intelligence. Then what were they, the guild, now? To the turkeys were they not suppressors? Was honor was there in fighting those seeking for their own preservation?

She would have kept mulling about her thoughts, but the blast of magic thrust deep, and Annia flinched at the wounds. She grimaced as she pulled out her sword and shield.

Protecting my guild members is an honor in itself. There was a hum of approval from Jin, her katana, still sheathed on her side, invisible to the naked eye in its sheath.

[spoiler]Move max movement east, 20 ft., and cast shield of faith on herself.[/spoiler]
Better a truth to be told openly, than lies spun to mask it.

Throndir

Two turkeys started to charge forward. One carried a falchion, weaving it to and fro, while another, smaller one, probably younger, followed behind. Unlike the first one, this one stopped right behind the one wielding the falchion.

[spoiler]Damage Taken
Annia: 10
Turkey (Lyolf): 4
Turkey (Zultar): 5
Turkey (Gael): 6
Turkey (Annia): 4
Turkey (Golas): 5
Turkey (Nyuko): 6
Turkey (Katrias): 3

Durations
Kelgore's Grave Mist: 3 rounds remaining

Full rounds passed: 0
Moved this round: Kin, Zultar, Gael, Annia, Golas, Katrias, Turkey (Kin), Turkey (Katrias), Turkey (Zultar), Turkey (Gael)

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin was impressed! His taunt seemed to have damaged his teammates (Golas) more than the enemy. Though it did send them into a fit of rage, which made the halfling quite happy. However, what he was most impressed with was the turkey that first began the charge.

"So you copied my style, did you? Glad to know I even have fans amongst my enemies! But enough sentiment, I'm the only one that could deal with you! LET'S DUEL, YA DAMNED COPYCAT BIRD!" Kin ends with the usual challenging shout, rushing out to meet his fowl foe, Azure Fury leveled to his side and pointed backward as he charged.

[spoiler]Kin moves 40 ft toward the Kin-turkey.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

As Kin charged forward, the rest of the turkeys did as well. Not only to get away from Katrias' mist spell, but to attack the one who so blatantly burned and desecrated the remains of their kin. As both sides charged closer and closer, it started getting easier to see the features of the turkeys. They all wore some type of armor, and even a few wearing full plates. They were all varied in shapes and sizes as well, there was even an exceptionally small one who sat on an armored turkey's back. There were still a few who tarried behind though, and even though most avoided Katrias' attack, there was still a single and larger turkey who looked like it was vomiting.  Unfortunately for it, it was hit by a second wave of the mist.

Another spell was cast however, it was the same as Katrias' own, though this time was centered on your party. The spell hit, and already the mist started to form, chilling those affected to the bone, and causing an intense sense of fatigue.

[spoiler]Battle Log
Kin moves E. 40 ft. forces new round.
Gandin moves E. 40 ft.
Turkey (Kin) moves W. 20 ft. activate total defense.
Turkey (Zultar) moves W. 20 ft. activate total defense.
Turkey (Gael) moves W. 30 ft. attack with flutegun vs Zultar, misses badly and hits Turkey (Zultar) instead.
Turkey (Zultar) takes 1 damage.
Turkey (Lyolf) moves W. 20 ft. N. 5 ft. End turn.
Turkey (Annia) moves W. 40 ft.
Turkey (Gandin moves W. 40 ft.
Turkey (Callista) moves W. 40 ft.
Turkey (Golas) fullround to vomit. Takes 3 damage from mist and is exhausted.
Turkey (Nyuko) moves W. 40 ft.
Turkey (Katrias) casts Kelgore's Grave Mist.
Gael takes 5 damage and fatigued.
Callista takes 2 damage and fatigued.
Annia takes 2 damage and fatigued.
Golas takes 6 damage and fatigued.
Nyuko takes 2 damage and fatigued.
Gandin takes 2 damage and fatigued.

Damage Taken
Annia: 12, shield of faith, fatigued
Gael: 5, fatigued
Callista: 2, fatigued
Golas: 6, fatigued
Nyuko: 2, fatigued
Gandin: 2, fatigued
Turkey (Lyolf): 4, fatigued
Turkey (Zultar): 6, fatigued
Turkey (Gael): 6, fatigued
Turkey (Annia): 4, fatigued
Turkey (Golas): 8, exhausted
Turkey (Nyuko): 6, fatigued
Turkey (Katrias): 3, fatigued

Durations
Shield of Faith (Annia): Entire encounter
Kelgore's Grave Mist (Katrias): 2 rounds remaining
Kelgore's Grave Mist (Katrias Turkey): 3 rounds remaining

Full rounds passed: 1
Moved this round: Kin, Gandin, All the other turkeys

(Some tokens are incorrect, I'll fix them later.)

QuoteA fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a ?2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.
[/spoiler]