[Club] Cooking Club

Started by Throndir, February 22, 2014, 03:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

This was it! The cooking club. Brian did his best to keep his excitement down, but as he stood at the closed door staring at it, Brian couldn't get helped but be pumped out for it. He thought clubs were stupid, but the cooking club might not be so bad at all. At least the kids here would understand just how fucking awesome cooking was; the recipes, the ingredients, the way the food mixed just right with just the right amount of spices and combinations. Everything about it was absolutely glorious. But there was something just a lot more glorious; Campbell Soup.

Brian had already came prepared, bringing with him cans of Campbell soup, attached in a bandolier, a shoulder-strap, containing the cans in an almost Rambo-like fashion. Any recipe  should always have Campbell soup. He grinned. The students at this school would see how amazing his cooking was. But more than that, they would see how amazing Campbell soup would be.

He opened the door, his facial expression set in an odd way. He was containing his excitement, and to see what kind of setup their club had.

"Brian Campbell. This is where I will be making my best Campbell soup recipe yet. It's going to one damn good recipe!" He had no idea what the recipe will be, baking, frying, sweets, deserts, but whatever it was it was going to incorporate Campbell Soup in one way or another.

Mysticsage

You opened the door slowly struggling to get it open the hinges seemed rusted and caked over with some kind of stuff that you don?t want to identify. Inside the room itself is the sadist excuse for a kitchen that you have ever seen. The room is a complete mess. The appliances look more like burnt husks of metal bent almost completely out of shape. The room is cramped as well with only one long metal table directly in the middle of this closet of a room. This does not look like a place where cooking should be going on.

?It looks like the last member has just arrived" said a tall girl with short black hair a senior by the looks of it. Two others are sitting with her looking at some kind of portfolio. A small blonde with glaces who looked more like a middle schooler and I brunette male sophomore with messy hair and freckles. The two girls you?ve never had the chance to meet before though something about the elder seemed off almost dangerous in a strange way. As for the male he is normally seen on the soccer field not the classroom Davis you think his name is. What would he be doing in a place like this?

Throndir

His jaw dropped. There was no other way to describe the complete mess and disrepair Brian was looking at. He had high hopes for this new cooking club. Even going as far to getting his own supplies to bring to the first meeting. After all, he for once wanted to spend some time with like-minded folks, and absolutely everyone had to know how great Campbell soup was, what better place to start than the cooking club? But what the fuck was this? Brian was more than just a bit ticked. The quality of the cooking-ware, the rust and mold that seemed to cover every inch of the small and poor excuse of a room. He breathed in deeply, forced as it was. He didn't usually care about making first impressions, but for the fact that this was the cooking club he had already told himself that he'd do what it takes to make a good first meeting. Holding the welling anger in check, he spoke. Even if the tools were not well maintained, it didn't mean the club members weren't interested in the cooking right?

"This is one sorry excuse of a room." Brian said bluntly.

Mysticsage

"You can say that again!" said the senior this school is a disgrace for letting this place fall apart like this it?s a damn fire hazard!? She punctuated the statement by slamming her open palm down on the table in frustration.

"Hey! Just calm down will ya,"
said the brunette with an awkward smile it will be all right we can work something out he said rubbing the bottom of his nose. Looking around the room though he couldn?t help but grimace slightly.

"Anyway, I?m Davis I think we?ve had a few classes together. Brian, right??
Standing up to great you could see he was a good head shorter then you. "The girl with the glasses is Natalie," she gave a small wave her long hair tied in a number of delicate braids.  ?And you already met the self elected leader of this little club Olivia she?s a senior.?

He smiled at you innocently, "I have to say I wasn't expecting I guy with your rep to join a club like this."

"I won?t stand for this!" snapped Olivia, ?The faculty has to do something about all this!"

"m-m-maybe-"

"I mean you do they think they are!" Olivia continued to rant refusing to let things be. You see however, a rather large binder has been left on the counter, which the others must have been skimming. Beside that there are a couple electric portable burners that would not support more then a small saucepan.

Throndir

The flashes of anger Brian saw in Olivia's eyes was something he could easily relate with. But he turned towards Davis forcing himself to loosen his clenched fists.

"Brian. Yeah you got that right." He replied confirming his name. It didn't take long for him to continue. "Cooking's an art form! It's probably one of the most important things invented. Everyone should know about cooking." Brian picked up one of the warped bent pots, examining it. Brian didn't really rely on others, much less the faculty or the student council for matters. After all, those people just dealt with school-related things, and for the most part Brian would have cared less normally. But this wasn't a normal situation; it was the cooking club, and unfortunately it was something part of the school.

"The school talks about making sure everyone has a club to attend to, and they give us this crap? Do we even have a club adviser?" Brian wanted to storm into the faculty lounge or perhaps the student council room and protest, but he wanted to see how his fellow club members would react. He reached for the large binder, curious as to what it contained.

QuoteA description please of the large binder and what it is.

Mysticsage

"A school adviser! you really think a cheap ass school who would let a cooking club meet in a room like this would have teachers even possibly staying late?" Laughed Olivia, "The only thing my home room teacher gave me this morning was this binder for the club this morning."

The binder the others had been looking at was a thick five subject binder with the words "COOKING CLUB" written across the front. When you pick it up you almost drop it for the shear weight of thing but manage to rest it against a counter edge so you can read it with ease. As you flip through the many lamented pages you find that each has a number of different illustrated cooking exercises. Basic knife skills to advanced food philopshy is all laid out within the large binder before you like a masters guide to the art of cooking. As you flip to the back you also see countless recipes that you can practice those skills on.

The only problem now is the state of the room. Before you can even think of doing anything you'll have to figure out a way to either clean the space or find somewhere else to practice. Cleaning this place seems like it will take forever but would not be impossible though just taking the binder and leaving the school grounds for now would be quicker, but wher would you go? Your house, One of the other members  houses, Somewhere else entirely?