[Club]Library Club

Started by Oath, December 05, 2013, 10:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

You attempt to insert the sword along with its scabbard into the lock with no luck. No matter how you attempt to twist or turn it, the piece of jewelry is simply to wide to fit, and you are forced to try something else.

Oath

"Why won't this thing work?!"

Ardelia was tired, frustrated, and still confused about the days events, and now to top it off, she was losing a battle of wits to a book. She put her head down on the desk and pulled both sides of the necklace for no particular reason other then it being in her hands at the time and her being so frustrated with everything.

Mysticsage

With a soft click the scabbard moves away from the rest of the necklace revealing a twinkling blade. It wasn't sharp by any means but as you look at it, it has small grooves in the edge. Attempting to insert  the blade into the keyhole it slides in smoothly and the lock clips open. Excited you open the front cover. flipping quickly through the pages everything seems normal in fact as you go back to the first page it strikes you that this book is actually a fairytale.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/Hw6H0AbMhic&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Reading the first few lines it begins like most old fairy tales with a knight attempting to vanquish the evil from a kingdom. The only thing is that the story seems to begin already in the middle of the plot. The forces of good are already gathered at the tyrannical throne of the evil emperor his flying fortress gaurded by his magical army of demons and spirits. The battle ragged for page after page as you got pulled deeper and deeper into the story unable to make yourself stop reading. The story continues all the way till the swordsman makes it into the main hall of the king's palace.

The story almost feels like its reacting to your emotions as you watch this supposedly final confrontation take place over the space of a usual prologue. As you flip the pages and continue to read the story seems to be swaying with your emotions always keeping you on the edge of your seat. The king and the knight trade blows and spells in equal means for a good while. The hero eventually beats back the magical onslaught backing the king into a corner and gives him a killing wound. Then something unexpected happens, the ruler gains the upper hand with a well timed necrotic spell of lighting the hero frys yelling in pain dropping his sword. Your eyes are now so glued to the page that you are completely oblivious to the windstorm of energy building around you as it grows from each word.

The emperor cackles still holding his chest. Yelling that he would not let his story end here and that this was only the beginning of his asention to power. Flipping to the next page, all it says is "Using the magical amulet he always wore he was able to rip a portal into the very fabric of space and time to fashison his escape. The portal roared like hurrcane as it sucked the only two living things in the room accross the bridge that had been created into a whole new world.....

At this the entire book began to shake violently to the point where it forced itself out of your hands off the desk and onto the floor. You watched as a seam of black light began to seep from the books binding. The lettering of the book begins to glow brightly and lift of the page spinning around like a vortex around the growing blackness. Once the blackness grows quite large (Manhole sized). An inky black substance begins to ooze forth with tenderals reaching out and spreading onto the bedroom floor. Then you hear it a blood curtling laugh deep and forboding that made you want to jump and hide.

"I AM FREE! AT LAST THE SHACKLES OF THE BOOK HAS FINALLY BEEN LIFTED!" The voice seemed to be growing from the growing black ooze, and somewhere in the senter of the mass you can see large demon like red eyes materialize looking directky at you as you are paralyzed with fear.

"So it was you foolish girl who opened my book!"

Oath

[spoiler]
http://youtube.com/v/xRdmWK6pFZE&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Reading the tale, Ardelia felt awkward. It wasn't a sense of foreboding, just that this story seemed to start in such a weird place. Though thinking about it, it wasn't particularly uncommon for some stories to show you a preview of what is to come at the start, and then go back in time to show the events leading up to it, so she didn't think too much of it. The story continued on and on, it was not going to go back to the start. It was a fairly typical story of a hero fighting some sort of demon or evil being. The apparent final battle was interesting and oddly enough the hero wasn't making as much progress as expected. When it looked like he had the upper-hand, it went away. In the end, the teleportation spell that the king used was most surprising, and before she knew it, turning around, Ardelia saw the beginning of his manifestation in her own world.

As the voice boomed through the room, Ardelia was shaken surely, but tried to maintain her composure. She had seen pretty weird things already today, so this was just icing on the cake. The voice had said she was foolish for opening the book and she decided to respond to those claims.

"You say foolish, but it was quite the interesting story. And surely you must be glad to no longer be trapped inside of that book." I have no clue what his intentions are, but it will be most wise if I at least get on his side in some fashion, as I am sure that I don't have the power to send him back from whence he came.

Still in the same position as when the book fell to the floor and started to manifest himself, Ardelia put a hand to her cheek, even if she was shaken, she had to try to at least look confident in herself and not lose herself in the situation.

Mysticsage

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/MFF19uLoIJA&autoplay=1[/spoiler]
The dark viscous ooze began to grow and take human shape and then popped like a bubble revealing a gargantuan man from your standpoint. He was dressed in full obsidian body armorer with large red gemstones inlaid into the chest plate and each of the clawed gauntlets. you could not make out a face because the man was wearing a helmet that doubled as a crown of sharp far reaching spikes. The eyes of that helm however glowed a bright ruby red they were eyes she saw within the ooze no doubt about it.  A black and red cloak unfurled from around his shoulders and billowed down onto the floor.

The Darkness at his continued to spread a across the floor and up the walls at a rapid pace. Within moment the doors and windows of the room were gone any method of escape was now cut off. As he looked down upon you could feel the smirk even though his face was hidden. Stepping forward away from the portal, which was still shining bright he towered over you. Power, similar to what you had felt just hours before in the school with the boy from the basketball club radiated off him.

?I commend your bravery for not running in fear, however there is a thin line between bravery and stupidity.? His voice carried that superior almost laughing tone that made people?s skin crawl. Then your body went suddenly rigid as if someone had run an electrical current through your body. He raised an armor-clad hand and by moving a single finger your entire body floated into the air until you were fast to face with him. ?You might be of use to me after all, you did open the book you might deserve to be my servant.? His Gauntlet crackled as a tiny spark of electricity ran across your skin as he brushed a strand of hair behind your ear.

?Then again your eyes betray your true intentions. I have not lasted this long without reading what people are truly thinking. Let it not be said that I am not a merciful man, so therefore as a gift I will make your death as quick as possible sparing you of my future plans. ? Without even touching you he did a pushing motion through the air and you went flying into the wall hard the oxygen leaving the lungs even before you can scream.

Your vision instantly begins to darken and swim as the pain from being thrown to the wall a lack of air sets in. Today really has not been your day you?ve been thrown into one crazy scenario after another. The pain becomes to great and you begin to feel yourself begin to slowly drift to sleep.  The man who has done this to you continues to talk however you can hear nothing. However a blinding light from the direction of the book seemed to divert his attention.

When you wake up from the attack next a figure cloaked in white sword drawn against your assailant. The do battle smashing furniture and blasting holes in the floors and walls as they trade blows back and forth with one another. The figure is wounded but defending against blast after blast of magical energy from the evil kind. As his blade begins to shine bright your defender lash?s out striking a blow against the evil ruler. He screams retreating into the void that he created then the darkness returns.

When you awaken next you are laying on top of your bed with nothing out of the ordinary only the book you had carried home laying open and seemingly blank on the floor. Fatigue overwhelms you as your eyes nearly roll to the back of your head. You drift off to sleep with fitful dreams of armor clad demons and magic.

[spoiler]You have devloped a new: Weakenss and Ability YaY[/spoiler]

Oath

[spoiler]http://youtube.com/v/kyD_jtAwiF8&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Ardelia rose, looking around her room. Everything seemed ordinary. Her memory was a bit fuzzy, but she seemed to remember a battle of sorts taking place in this very room. To others it might sound odd, but after what she had experienced in the last 24 hours, she was open to the idea of something out of the ordinary happening. She looked at the book she had brought home. "I could have sworn there was some sort of writing in here at least..." The pages seemed to be blank, another odd occurrence to add to the whirlwind of the last day.

She stepped out of bed, her body was a bit sore and she did not feel fully rested but that couldn't be helped. Double checking to make sure that the writing was really gone from the book, Ardelia then proceeded to check through her other belongings and get ready for school. She brushed her hair, and looked in the mirror. Her face betrayed her, she couldn't hide that she was a bit tired. "Hopefully at least the others remembered what happened yesterday. At least they would understand. Maybe I should tell them about this book too.. but I will see about that later." She was talking to herself, though quietly. Checking over her supplies once more to ensure that everything was in order, Ardelia went down stairs to finish getting ready for school.

Mysticsage

As you got down from your bedroom you thought you heard a whisper for a second. Most likely the wind or an insect swatting at your ear you put the book aside and begin to head down stairs. You feel a sudden chill go down your spine. Breakfast otherwise goes as usual. Noel and your sister were both eating cereal and then you heard a voice, a male voice. Looking up at your brother he had his mouth full it couldn?t be him. All day you through out school you continue to hear small sounds and tat same male voice.

It got so bad that during lunch you had to go to the bathroom to wash your face hopping that a break would be enough to quell whatever was happening. In the almost complete silence of the bathroom the sound seems even louder.

?Hey kid, can you hear me! Stop ignoring me!? There was a boy in the girls bathroom he sounded maybe only a year or so older then you too. Looking up to make a snappy comment expecting to see the jerk instead no one is there. No person anyway when you look in the mirror you see a small floating flame almost directly over your left shoulder.

The small floating flame floated before you as it flickered and burned in the air a face could almost be seen out of the center of the fire.  It is almost impossible to make out details more then it was a face of a young male with some kind of soul otherwise all is obscured by the rolling burn

Oath

[spoiler]http://youtube.com/v/D8iJwVq5Brc&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Ardelia let out a sound of surprise, somewhat muffled by her hands reaching up to her face. Unsure if other people were in the restroom, the girl looked around a bit before quietly addressing the floating flame.

"What... or who are you?" A very straight-forward question.

After all of the other stuff that had happened to her, Ardelia was hardly phased by whatever this being was. The more startling part was hearing a male voice inside of the girls bathroom. After asking her question, the girl went back to washing off her face. That was how she had excused herself from her friends, so she might as well follow through with the original plan even if it wasn't needed.

Mysticsage

?So you can see me after all squirt.? You can here a smirk forming in his voice, but he seemed a little taken a back by his actual success. Now that he was sure that he was actually heard he did not know how to do with himself. When you asked your question he did not respond at first.

The eyes within the flame seemed to blink for a moment at the question pausing to contemplate the question before ruffling [b"]F-Farron?[/b]? he said at last a little unsteadily. ?I-I am a swordsman? I think.?

Just as he responded another girl entered the restroom cutting his thought short. She nods to you seeming to take absolutely no notice of the flame floating near by before heading into one of the stalls.

?What?s your name Squirt??

Oath

[spoiler]http://youtube.com/v/D8iJwVq5Brc&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Ardelia finishes what she was doing and quickly leaves the bathroom. She looks for a secluded spot to answer the questions of Farron.

"Yes, I can see you. But you know, just talking to you around other people that can't see you is not going to look good for me. You say you're called Farron? And you might be a swordsman? How can you be unsure?" Suddenly, Ardelia had a bit of a realization that perhaps this was related to everything in the book, but decided not to say anything about that event to see what else Farron might have to say.

"Ardelia. Ardelia Lancaster. Not so big on squirt, by the way." The girl turned her head a bit to try and get a better look at the flame while she spoke. The least she could do is make an attempt at something similar to eye contact.