[Arc 1: Class 2-E] A New Day Dawns

Started by Mysticsage, December 05, 2013, 05:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Ardelia

Thanks Sis I might just do that,? said Noel grabbing a pen from his pocket made his way back to the front of the masses pushing his way through and scribbling down his name in. As he was doing so a short shiver ran down your spine setting the hair on the back of your neck on end. You don?t know what caused it but you find it uncomfortable and perhaps it might be best to head back to the classroom.

Or wander the halls some more looking at the look on the wall you still have ten or fifteen minutes to get back before you would have to get to first period.

Lily

Luke still seemed pale, but smirked ?Maybe I can use it to scare the boys of my sister. Since I doubt they?ll let me change the principle is famous for his stubbornness in following his own rules and only his own rules.? He runs his hands through the messy mop of his brown hair and afterwards something seems weird about it that you can?t quite place.

?Well,? he said standing I?ll let you get back to your book now thanks for listening.? He makes it a few more steps before turning and said ?Oh yeah, my sister asked me if it would be alright if Elise sleeps over this weekend. I said sure since my parents are out in the city. But I said I would have to ask you first,?

Serena

You leave the class on a mission before Alicia can respond reaching out to you like a person going to drown then returning to a heap on her desk. Jude is just in the class next door 2-C. In fact as you walk brushing past a student with bright red hair and a darke leather jacket and through the hallway you think you see him in his usual flannel shirt and jeans.

He is looking at the sign up sheets for clubs apprehensively pen in hand scanning the names. He?s tall but more awkward then anything else which his often wild hair that he takes very little notice. Overall Jude is not a bad guy what so ever just devoted and friendly sometimes at the wrong moments.

Brian

Bruce looks at you a little apprehensively out of shock that anyone had heard his musings.

?I-I-I don?t know I guess I like to swim some, computers break when I?m around and I?m no good at games or outdoors stuff.?

The swim team was obviously not looking like the best choice then again he looks like he might have a complete breakdown any moment. Leaving you with a tough spot suggest he revaluate things or encourage him full well knowing that things could end disastrously for him in the future.

Des

A blonde girl brushes past you as you stand in front of the designated classroom. It has been a year since your family has moved out of the city your father vowing never to go back to this ?back water town? as he called it. Then you were at the museum yesterday cutting class only to make it home early enough to find out that your father had lost his job and your entire family was forced back to this town again this time in Veilstone much further from the hustle and bustle of Traverseward and living in a camped apartment.

So much had gone on in the last to days you still have a bit of a headache and feel like you want to vomit. Perfect for reintroducing yourself to everyone. Stepping inside with a final gulp.  The teacher sees you looks and the paper in your hand and lazely called to the class

?HEY! Everyone quite down for a sec!? he waited till everyone was talking at a dull murmur.
?I forgot to mention were having a return offender this year, so treat him nicely till he gets reacquainted with everything!?

?Introduce yourself and then have a seat. Oh, and read this over while your at it.? The teacher holds out the same letter that he had read to everyone earlier then goes back to his nap. Everyone?s attention was now on you. What?s worse you don?t recognize any of the faces. All the friends you used to have must have been put in different homerooms.

Neko

Exiting the room, Serena brushed passed unfamiliar face. A leather jacket, red hair...Who was that guy? She'd most certainly have to find out ? But first, she'd need to solve her current predicament. Jude had been pretty easy to find, despite the flurry of students in the hallway. ?Hey Jude!? Serena called out as she quickly approached him.

Good, he hadn't written his name down yet.

?Do you know what you're going to join?? She asked casually, leaning next to the sign up sheet. She needed to know what he was thinking before she tried convincing him of anything. The guy seemed sweet enough; Serena couldn't help but think Alicia was just being dramatic. Actually, she was positive Alicia was just being dramatic. It was too late to turn back now, though.

Bootman

Desmond wandered in the room in a position that expressed that he didn't care what people thought. Or rather, given the way he did it, it looked more like 'I want people to think I don't care what they think'. He went up to the front of the class, feeling nervous but trying not to express it. The man let out a little scoff as his eyes scanned the class room. He let out a loud sigh and blinked.

"Name is Christy Desmond. Don't call me Chrisy. I like cars and I play dumbs." He pauses, and stutters a bit. "Drums. I play drums." There was an awkward silence before he slowly shuffled to his seat to read the note.

"So... two clubs, huh?" He mused for a moment before leaving class and going to check out the board outside for what club to join. He saw that blonde again, talking to some random guy he didn't know, not like he knew anybody.

sigh

Asta

The strange -happening- distracted Lilly for a half second and threw her off kilter. Then she remembered that Luke had asked her something.

"Oh, yeah that's fine I suppose. I'll tell her she's good to go when I get home."

Luke was alright, and it wouldn't have been the first time she let Elise stay the night there. It should be alright. Still, she was always had the slightest wince of concern whenever Elise was out of sight.

Somewhere up at the front of the class, a new student was introducing himself. Lilly was only half paying attention. She had cracked open her book and was attempting to get lost in history again.

Oath

Looking at Noel running off to sign his name, Ardelia felt a bit of regret.
"I hope you don't regret this, Noel..." She didn't speak very loudly but she was sure Noel had heard, as she waved to him and made her way back to her class.

Reaching the classroom, Ardelia noticed that a new student had entered. Hm.. A new student? It would be weird to call him a transfer student, though he didn't go here last year. Oh well, I guess i'll figure out who he is later. Heading back over to her desk, Ardelia caught sight of Lilly, and while she didn't know her very well, she does definitely know that they went off to the forbidden part of the museum together, along with Serena and Brian, though she doesn't remember the details of what happened inside the restricted area.

"Hey there Lilly, what clubs did you end up picking?" As she tried to make casual conversation, Ardelia found her eyes drifting around the room unable to maintain eye contact. It wasn't completely uncommon for her to look around somewhat nervously, as she was also trying to make sure nothing odd was going on while she was zoning out. At least Lilly seems nice enough.

Asta

Lilly glanced up from her book at Ardelia. Eyes. She realized she was staring at them again, so she blinked and broke eye contact. Ardelia had been there when Lilly broke away from the main group at the Met, but a lot of what happened that day was... fuzzy.

Lilly tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear and smiled.

"Oh hey! I thought Calligraphy and Tai Chi looked like good choices. I thought I saw your name on the list for kendo, that's pretty cool. Didn't peg you as a martial artist."

Lilly noticed Ardelia's eyes were wandering hither and yon around the room as if searching for something.

"So, how are you?"

Oath

[spoiler]http://youtube.com/v/s8FMgxjl9oM&autoplay=1[/spoiler]
"I don't think most people would, but my Grandpa always used to say 'A strong mind without a strong body is pointless.' and encouraged my brother and I to always at least do something active. It usually wasn't a martial art though. But growing up, I was always in a local sports team of some sort, or my parents would send me off to play tennis or do gymnastics, something that wasn't really a team sport. They had me trying a lot of different things to see if anything stuck, and it never did. At least this time I'm trying something I chose myself, so I hope it goes okay.

So you're doing calligraphy huh? I haven't done it myself but apparently my mom keeps some supplies stashed away in one of our closets, Noel got in a bunch of trouble when he re-purposed a bunch of the brushes.

Overall I think things are going pretty well, I'm gonna go check out the library after school, since I also signed up for the Library Club. I have no idea what we will be doing there, but I figure if I spend a lot of time there already, I might as well do a club!

So what do you think you are looking most forward to so far? This whole mandatory club thing is pretty wild... Without it I probably would have ended up in the going home club."

The pace of conversation wasn't particularly fast, but it did end up being a lot more wordy than she had originally planned but anecdotes tend to do that. Oh well, it couldn't be helped.

Throndir

Considering his options, there was only a few things that Brian could have suggested. He didn't really like people who didn't stand up for themselves; if you're a man you should prove it. He knew what it was like to be picked on though, and Brian really did feel like he wanted to do something to help the kid out.

"Take it from me, this school's going to be hell if there's nothing you like doing in it. I skip classes when there's nothing good happening, but even I know once you get to high school they take things more seriously. Bruce right?" Brian stood up, as he towered over his seatmate. "If the other kids say shit about you, prove them they're wrong."

He beckoned Bruce to follow him.

"We're signing you up for swimming."

Asta

It was sort of surprising to hear so much come out of Ardelia at once, she had seemed so quiet at the museum. It wasn't like it was a problem though, talkative people were easier to get along with. People liked when you listened to them, and Lilly's general motive was to have people like her. It made life easier.

"I think I'm most looking forward to calligraphy. It's got a rich history and a lot of tradition, plus I think it will be nice and 'zen' you know?"

Lilly fidgeted with her bookmark.

"The mandatory clubs are a little unorthodox, but I'm all for a little cultural enrichment. So, library club sounds like it might be interesting. You'll probably end up checking books out for me a lot or something. I'm always looking for a new history text"

Did she say 'Going Home Club' earlier? The phrase wasn't one people used often in the States, so it caught Lilly by surprise. She had heard it before, in one of those shows her sister liked to watch, but it seemed weird to her that someone would use it here.

Oath

[spoiler]http://youtube.com/v/FjSNyuiGSxI&autoplay=1[/spoiler]
Lilly seemed to be a bit unease, or just didn't feel like sitting still, as she was fidgeting with a bookmark. "I'm actually pretty surprised to see that we have that kind of club here, though it did seem like a lot of the list is stuff that didn't exist last year. Or at the very least they didn't have any members. Maybe the staff revived a bunch of them to fit us all in somewhere. It's always nice to have people come visit the library! I just hope that some of the staff did a bit of cleaning over the summer, otherwise it will be a lot of work for us to make it look nice.

Anyways, I think I'm going to run to the vending machine to get some juice before class starts. Would you like to go, or do you want anything?"

It was a pretty simple proposal, and while she was definitely thirsty, Ardelia felt like it might do Lilly some good to get up and move around a bit more before class started since she seemed restless.

Asta

Lilly seized the invitation as a good excuse to get up and stretch her legs. Plus, it would allow her a chance to talk to Ardelia with less people listening in.

"Sure, I could use a drink."

She shut her book, rose to her feet, and indicated that the other girl should lead on. Ardelia could set the pace, since she was the one that gave the invitation. Lilly decided to make small-talk until they were out of the room. It sounded awkward, she was never that great at getting to know new people.

"So uh, Noel a younger brother?"

Siblings were a connecting point, it seemed an appropriate topic for small-talk. Innocuous and easy to talk about. If Ardelia liked her brother, they could share in their enjoyment of siblinghood. If not, then it was just as simple to offer condolences to the others plight. I over-think this kind of thing way too much.

Mysticsage

Ardelia[/b] Lily[/b]

The two of you go to get a drink at one of the vending machines in the main hallway of the school buildings. Were these new additions or had they always been here? You both feel like you?ve seen them before, but at the same time you feel like they are new additions. The drinks themselves also seem a little strange for a regular school especially one like yours out in the country. Things like canned green tea and canned iced coffee. As you continue to talk you only have a few minutes before classes begin

Serena[/b]

Jude turning from the board to look at you slightly flustered he looked shocked that one of the most popular sophomores would be talking to him, ?I?m not sure yet I haven?t been seeing anything that I?m looking for." Jude seemed nervous around you obviously not used to talking to girls. That probably is the cause for some of Alicia?s feelings.

?Why do you ask Serena?
? He was fidgeting slightly as he asked the question

Desmond[/b]

Desmond eventually you stand, and decide you might as well go sign up for the mandatory clubs. Pushing your way to the front you pick two of the manliest clubs that you can find on the list. With your name under both the automotive club and the workshop club your about to leave and return to class when you notice a name under the boxing club that seemed weird.  Wallace Gaurden an old friend of yours from when you lived in town. You now for a fact that he would never have willingly signed up for this kind of thing and, on a closer look it does not even look like his hand writing at all.

Brian[/b]

Brian you stand and go towards the board.  Bruce timidly follows along behind looking nervous all the way. As you let him take the lead you watch as he slowly goes up and shakily signs his name for the swimming club.

Giving an unsteady smile he looks up to you and lets out a sigh, ?I guess what?s done is done right there is no turning back now.? He walks over to were your standing shaking like a leaf. He stops just past you, ?Thanks Brian I think I needed this. Then he is gone back into the classroom returning to his seat. You don?t know whether the decision you made is the right one, but it did leave you with a pretty good feeling and perhaps a little respect for Bruce as well.

Bootman

Desmond furrows his brow when he sees Wallace's name on the list, though he probably didn't notice the different handwriting. That wasn't right at all. Wallace, boxing? The Irish teen couldn't help but chuckle at the thought as he made his way to go see how his friend got bullied into this. The boxing club seemed a good place to start. He strode through the hallway, looking at that blonde girl again briefly. "Yo." He said as neutrally as possible. He kept walking, but slowed down a bit in case she responded.

Neko

Serena could tell Jude was having a difficult time with the club decision ? It was written all over his face. Even before she had spoken to him, his body language alone gave away his flustered state.

He hadn't seen anything? Then, he probably hadn't noticed Alicia's name. Or, Alicia had been wrong about him trying to join any club she did. Serena sighed inwardly, still a little annoyed that Alicia had dragged her into this.

?I'm just getting a feel for what everyone is joining. Knowing who's in which clubs could be helpful in the future, if our clubs want to collaborate or something, you know?? A complete lie in response to Jude's question. Serena had explained in such a calm and confident manner it was unlikely he'd question her about it, though. It wasn't out of character either, seeing as it was likely Serena planned on taking some form of leadership role in her clubs. She looked at the list, a single finger being brought to her lips as she looked over the possible options again. Serena looked as if she was deep in thought.

Maybe, if she simply suggested stuff to the nervous boy, he'd just go for it. Jude looked as if he was more than ready for the whole sign up process to be done with. ?How about I help you choose something?? She said with a  friendly smile. ?What about the future club?? She suggested enthusiastically. ?That sounds cool, don't you think??

Before the idol could suggest another club, an unfamiliar voice greeted her. She  turned toward the culprit, finding it to be the red headed kid she'd lightly bumped a few minutes ago. ?Well, hello there.? She replied with a smirk, quickly trailing behind him. ?You're in class 2-E now, huh? I haven't seen you around before.? She said. ?I'm Serena, by the way. Can I get your name?? For whatever reason, the new kid had spoken to her first. Such a rare and convenient occurrence Now, she wouldn't have to hunt him down, or ask others for information.

Oath

[spoiler]http://youtube.com/v/jCfAnoZOBi8&loop=1&autoplay=1[/spoiler]
Walking through the hallway, Lilly asked if Noel was younger or older. I guess he isn't as well known among the younger students.

"Oh, Noel is my older brother, he's a senior at our school. I have a younger sister too, named Renna, but she is kind of in a rebellious phase, so we let her do what she's gonna do. Anyhow, I'm sure Noel will end up swinging by our class at some point. "

After the brief conversation, they reached the vending machines, Ardelia noticed that something was odd.

"Huh? I don't think they normally have these drinks here." She eyed the can of green tea and looked over to the canned coffee. "Well, I guess I might as well see how canned green tea is, I drink a lot of tea at home, so it will be interesting to see how it compares."

Putting in the correct amount of money, Ardelia pressed the button for green tea, and grabbed the can out of the machine when it reached the opening. She opened the can out of curiosity, it felt a bit weird to have a can of tea rather than a cup.

"Figure out what you want to get yet?" She looked over at Lilly, curious at what she would end up picking.