[Arc 1: Class 2-C] A New Day Dawns

Started by Mysticsage, December 05, 2013, 05:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Roman raised an eyebrow, "Yes, yes, you've physicall changed. That's what I've been SAYING. Which is why I want your help at the nurse's office getting those files. Roman begins to walk off toward the office a little, "Are you coming or not? We don't have much time."

Roman was getting a little anxious not only because he was trying to do something against the rules, but he couldn't shake the feeling he was being followed in some way.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mumble Dragon

Sam quietly slipped out of the room and waited around the corner for Roman to finish his conversation. "Better to approach while no one is around, makes it easier to talk with no distractions." Standing in silence, he could hear the energized Roman discussing non discreetly with some of the classmates. "Are you coming or not...." drifted out of the doorway to an unsuspecting Sam.

"Wait....someone else might get involved?" Being someone who thought one was company and two a crowd, letting even another person or two could throw off his entire day. Despite his fretting, something stapled his foot to the ground. He was curious about asking Roman about what he knew, but was something else edging him on. Was he possibly getting excited about something in the real world for a change? Sam crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "You need to get some sleep man..." he muttered to himself, "you're obviously falling over the deep end."

Throndir

"It's not like I have anything else better to do." As he talked, he felt a chill down his spine however, he glanced around seeing if anyone was eyeing him. Something made him uncomfortable, but he wasn't quite sure what.

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

When Roman mentioned how he had physically changed, Brian gave him a strange look, raising an eyebrow as if questioning what the kid had said. "I feel pretty normal... you know, a bit more refreshed than usual each morning. If I didn't know any better it would seem I was starting to like school." He stopped dead short, considering his words. There was he new club, unlike in previous years he had begun starting to talk with fellow classmates more often, maybe it was just his mind and body's way of telling him he was getting just a bit more excited for school.

Brian scoffed at the notion.

"Being a distraction? Sure makes the lunch break more interesting."

Linwelin

Good. Let's go fast. I need to see those records to confirm what's going on." Roman said, and quickly began heading to the nurse's office. Luckily it wasn't too far from the class room, just one floor down and at the end of the hall. He desperately wanted to see those files to make sure he wasn't going mad. And then I can find out if there are any good candidates for study...what am I thinking!? I am going mad...

Finally they reached the room. "So, either we keep her busy in the room, or call her away, as though something happened on the grounds while I search...which do you think is best?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Roman

Roman's train of thought was cut off however by the sound of the first period bell ringing before he could make is way to look inside the nurse's office to begin to get a look. Now forced to head back to class or risk being caught skipping and getting in trouble tarnishing a perfectly good record. Not wanting to do that he and the others are left with their thoughts about how to sneak in the relatively small room unnoticed.

If you look at Wallace sitting diagonally to left of you it is almost comical how he looks sitting in a desk that is maybe half a size to small for him. And in this heat he keeps messing with his hair short black hair look messy as it stood up in an od way almost as if he had styled it on purpose.

But you certainly don?t envy him in this cramped of a room it looks like he is one of the few really suffering from the combination of both the august and body heat. Over the four periods between Homeroom and Lunch he has basically completely sweated through the over shirt he was wearing and was forced to digging his gym t-shirt out of his bag and changing between classes out of the normal long sleeve shirt and hoodie he normally wore to disguise his own body image issues.

Brian

Brian following suit as many of the others is able to pretend as if it is solely the heat that is causing him to pull at his shirt when in actually the heat is not his only problem. At least five times during class he pulls at his collar to relive the itching that is building up as it has before homeroom. However, unlike last time he is able to abate whatever was causing the irritation enough to live with it.

Anyone who glanced around could see that there were a still a few girls and guys giving him odd looks every now and again, but his aura as a bit of an outcast kept most of it at bay. Richard also seems to have switched seats to the one right in front of you as well despite any protest you may have given and the teachers are so flustered with just trying to teach so many people they did not seem to notice

Sam

They kept the window closed the entire day. That in its own way was both a blessing and a curse. They wanted to keep what non exsistant cool air there was in the room inside and the august heat out which left Sam sweating like a dog. Sam?s mind wonders back to the gardening club in that moment one of the members a boy was talking about maybe looking for a mascot pet or two for the club maybe one of the stray animals that have been finding you might work if you come across one you like.

Otherwise his plan to follow the other two boys to the nurse?s office for answers seems sound. Though, if he really wanted a clear picture he would have to find a way to introduce himself so that he could either convince them that he could help them since what they were planning to do would no doubt get them in trouble if they they got caught. So there is that.

General
Classes continue as usual for the rest of the morning. Even in these cramped spaces the teachers continue to try their best to maintain control. A couple people called out for whispering or not knowing the right answer every now and again but over all really nothing of note. In fact it is so peaceful that one or two guys in the back of the class room around Brian have their heads covered in there books napping.

The worst thing about having to sit mostly silent through class is the heat. the school itself does not have very good air conditioning so with this many bodies in a room it can get oppressive. Most people who aren't talking or sleeping are occasionally drinking water or lifting their shirt collars to try and get relief.

Otherwise everything goes by relatively smoothly. With those few moments you have between classes you just are able to prepare and listen to a little bit of gossip.

The growing prowess of the delinquents that were continuing to terrorize the new club systems that you chose to ignore for now seems to be quite the hot topic.
Otherwise, a couple other rumors seem to be really getting traction around the students. Things like the faculty thinking of implementing some kind of new dress code in the coming months due to the influx of students for instance.

The club system seems to be accidently promoting people to fall into cliques that they are having trouble escaping. That means that people might not be to receptive to you unless you can persuade them that you can help, you have similar interests, or they are really suffering and looking for help and with your group being so small raiding the nurses office might not be hard but anything too much bigger and you will need at least another classmate to help you if not more.

They also all seem to be varying problems either with the school or personally at home but no one other then you three seem to have made any sort of had way. There apparently rumors of adding a help-wanted board for solving problem around the school. In fact it seems that it is already in place in the main entrance way of the school set up by the temporary student council. Using that board would most likely be the east way to build good relations with the other students and working towards figuring things out moving forward.

Nurse?s Room

Once lunch rolls around the teacher leaves the class to their own devices for about an hour give or take. Meaning that things would have to move fast if you wanted to get a look at the files. As the three of you dodge out of class and make your way to the office you make it there without much issue. When you finally arrive after pushing past people and down the hall, you all find the room unusually empty With the Heavy oak office door closed. You would have to check but you can assume that it is locked

The nurse?s office is one of the most used but smallest rooms in the entire school.
It is shaped like an equilateral ?L? shape. With the bottom leg of the ?L? used as an office and examination room for weight and height checks. Do to security matters that part of the room has a secondary door that is kept locked unless you have a key.
From what you can remember the office is pretty small, but none of you have spent enough time here to remember everything in there.

The rest of the space is used for the three bed set ups that students can us at will to rest or to weight to be seen by the nurse or one of the few health and wellness members. The outer door that leads out to the rest of the school is a lot thinner then the interior door and is kept often pretty much the rest of the day.

The room itself is just wide enough to fit two of you standing side to side comfortable otherwise if you were willing to take your time then all three could squeeze past one another.

Throndir

"No one to distract, so that leaves one thing out of the plan." Brian flicked a finger at the supposed locked door. "I don't suppose either of you have a key?"

The question was more rhetorical, he doubted anyone simply had a key on them that happened to open school office doors. But it was to bring up conversation more than anything else. Either way, Brian held the door's knob, and gave it a twist and push in the off-chance that it was unlocked.

[spoiler]Also search check around the room!
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

[spoiler]Just as a reminder you three are looking to steal peoples medical files to see if you can get any concrete evidence to explain the weird things happening to students.[/spoiler]

Brian

From what you can see their does not appear to be much obviously out of the of the ordinary in the office at first glance.  The beds were sparse at first glance and most of the medical supplies that seemed readily available in this main room did not seem very interesting. One thing did standout to you however in the far corner of the room just out of view of the single window was an old wooden cabinet that was dark with age. There seemed to be some kind of bronze work on the four dozen small cabinets that lined the thing. But it was so old by this point that it was impossible to make out what exactly had been there. On each of the door knobs there were strips of paper attached. Most likely they were some method of labeling what lay inside each one.

Otherwise feeling around the door frame you feel a small key. Fitting it into the locked door you feel a soft click signaling that it is unlocking.

General

In that moment you all hear the knob to the Nurses room turning you all freeze in that instant caught in the act of sneaking into the side room and watch as a young girl walks whom you recognize from your time at the museum. It is in fact Ardelia She is clutching her head slightly and seems to be looking off in the distance for a moment not even registering that others are in the room for a moment.

Ardelia

You are whispering to the spirit Feron that has been following you around for a few weeks or so now when you enter the office. Your body is sore from the last set of kendo training from the previous night and you are spending what time you have to rest in an attempt to stay awake during class. That is if your new companion allows you to catch some sleep. The would be knight seems to get pretty bored when he just has to sit through your classes silently though he does seem to take an interest in a few subjects. As you enter the office clutching your head Feron is complaining about not being able to remember much about his past for the upteenth time when you finally catch the three boys in the act of breaking into the locked back room

Oath

"Feron. Can you please be quiet? My head is really hurting." Ardelia was whispering to her companion. It had been a few weeks, and she had adjusted a bit to life with the spirit but it was still tough to get used to always having someone around. Especially someone that was -that- restless.

Ardelia turned the knob on the door to the nurses office and walked in complaining quietly. "Kendo really does take it out of you... Maybe I'll be able to get some rest though." As the door creaks open, Ardelia walks in on auto-pilot, but after several steps notices three boys frozen in the back of the room. Two of them were familiar faces, the third was someone she can't remember seeing.

"Brian, Roman, and... A stranger?" She tilted her head in slight confusion. I really thought I knew everyone at the school. Well, I guess resting will probably be out of the question.  "So what are you guys doing here?"

Mumble Dragon

This was it for Sam, the sound of the office door opening spelled doom and disaster for any reputation he may have built up. Which would be nothing, since he sits around all day and hides in the back corner like a vampire avoiding direct sunlight. He could not be seen actively engaging in an activity, especially such an illegal one. What would people think? Exactly! They would start thinking about him, which means more confrontations and more people to invade his personal space.

Beginning to suffer from a slight panic attack, he took hold of the nearest stable thing and tried to catch his breath. On the bright side though, he could possibly be suspended for the first time in his life and live out the next few weeks in his basement with nothing but the internet and his favorite games. Looking over to what he had grabbed, he quickly realized he was now leaning on Brian's shoulder. A bolt of cold ice shot down his spine as he realized he was making physical contact with another human being.

Throndir

Ah shit. Here it is. Doors creaking open, and here we go again getting another lecture from some teachers. It was at that moment when Sam had leaned into him. Brian raised an eyebrow.

But as Ardelia appeared, Brian shrugged. No teacher this time around, which made their little investigation work that much easier. He didn't really know the girl though, but recognized her from the past. She could very well be one of those well-to-do types.

"Brian, Roman, and... A stranger? So what are you guys doing here?"

"Well..." He glanced at Roman and Sam. "My bud here was... having a headache." Brian's voice took on a ton of tensity. as he awkwardly placed his arm around Sam's.

"So... Roman and I, decided to... take him into the nurse?" He proceeded to wrap his arm around Roman as well, a fake smile on his face.

"I think? Ha... hah..."

[spoiler][blockquote]Blatant lying 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Roman froze for a moment, and saw both of his friends do the same. But upon turning around, he realizes that it was a familiar face. After studying the girl while remaining motionless, he calmed a bit. He was almost certain she had been with them at the museum. What was her name again...It started with an 'A'. Amelia? No, no, what was it? AH! Ardelia!

"Ardelia! I am glad it was you and not a faculty member of some sort." He turned to Brian, "No need for that, she was at the museum with us." With a smile that was betraying his excitement at a possible lead for the mystery, he turned back to Ardelia, "I'm sure you've noticed by now, but things have been changing around here. We were investigating if some of the more...physical changes are recorded in the school health records, or if they show how we feel we remember them. Help us search! And maybe point out any others you know to have changed."

I just KNOW Wallace grew! And so many other things happened! If these records were changed without a trace as well, then it could only be some sort of miracle. Magic! Not even a severe distortion in the flux of the Earth's magnetic field could cause something like this.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

Ardelia chuckled at the awkward situation the stranger had gotten himself into, and tried to process what the other two boys were saying. Brian sounded quite suspicious. Roman's words sounded a lot more like what was actually happening. A lot of things seemed to be suddenly different. She felt shorter, and she knew that magic wasn't something that was an every day occurrence, even if it HAD existed prior to whatever was happening. She had to look up a lot more often when she was talking to people, often enough that it seemed odd.  She shot glare towards Brian before speaking.

"You know, you didn't need to lie." Ardelia turned away from Brian, slightly disgusted and started to talk to Roman.
"I do feel like something has changed, well, several things really. I don't really know what is going on but if there is something that I can do to help, I would be willing too give it a try. My brother and some of my friends seem to be acting a bit differently lately too... And there was that whole thing with the basketballs... So what's the plan?" Ardelia asked with a smile, as she abandoned her plan of getting a nap in.

Throndir

Brian shrugged, unconcerned.

"I do have this key I found." He showed the key he had found earlier, open on his palm in plain sight to see. He pointed to the door that lead in.

"It did open that door. And since we're here we might as well open it all the way..."

Mumble Dragon

This was well beyond the limits that Sam was willing to exert today. In fact, this could count toward his whole energy supply for a month....a year even. He was gonna have to spend a lot of extra time sleeping just to catch up, but all that extra sleeping sounded like work, sending his mind into a horrible conundrum. As if a chime from heaven, Brian suggests the group continue on their perilous adventure beyond the door. All the dormant sensors in Sam's brain immediately went off in a short lived "light bulb" moment. Perhaps he could venture his way toward the back of the group and suddenly disappear, perhaps even finding himself mysteriously arrived at his house, in his bed, all decked out in his favorite gaming PJ's. Slowly, and nonchalantly, he began making his way toward the exit....

Mysticsage

Just as Brian was unlocking the door to the space that meant they would get in real trouble if they were caught the sound of some high heeled shoes and a pair of voices walking down the hall. It sounds like the nurse talking to some student.

If you all get caught now there will be undoubtedly serious consequences. luckily as Sam finds out the door leading out to the hallway and safety is both closed and wedged shut buying a few moments to come up with a plan and act.

Behind the door that Brian opened is the large old computer system that stores all the medical files on top of a desk with a few draws. Office supplies and papers

Various bits of medical supplies

A metal cabinet for the various pills against the back wall

And a large single pain window looking out to a space behind the school with a tree near buy. You probably only have five or ten minutes before they come in