[Arc 1: Class 2-C] A New Day Dawns

Started by Mysticsage, December 05, 2013, 05:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

[spoiler]Class 2-C
Linwelin, Lance, Hasabushi, Dragoonia'
[/spoiler]
Tuesday August 27th 2013

The teacher enters the classroom slowly carrying a hand full of papers. She smiles at you warmly putting everyone at ease. It is Miss Rest one of the student body?s favorites and an English teacher.

Running her fingers through her long blond hair she addressed the class, ?Welcome everyone to the first day of class as sophomores! I hope we all have a great year together! Before I take attendance I have some announcements to make from the principle and Student teacher board, so listen closely and save your questions to the end,?

?Dear students,

Welcome to a brand new year at Washington high. We the faculity and parents cannot wait to see what you make of yourselves this year. We hope to provide an environment for personal growth and achievement that will pave a path to your future selves. To further this endeavor we are instituting a new mandatory extracurricular program that is to come in affect immediately. Students will be required to join and participate in a maximum of two clubs. The decision on what clubs to join must be made within the first few days or your homeroom teacher shall do it in your stead. Please keep in mind that due to the number of students that must be serviced that all choices once med are final and cannot be changed under any circumstances. We hope this change will make the year a memorable one.

All the best in the New Year!
   PTA and The Principle?

?Isn?t this exciting!? Miss Rest laughed slightly, ?I was told to tell you that you can sign up at the notice board right outside the class room and that homeroom will be extended for first period so that you all can have a look.?

?Any questions??

As she finished the statement the class erupted into loud conversation. Some people broke into groups others still directly left the classroom looking to get their spots quickly. Others still seemed not to have been paying attention at all sleeping or holding back as if out of nervousness. Glancing around there looks like there are a number of people willing to talk or you could go look directly at the board.

In particular if you look at the door you can see a group of guys huddled around the bulletin board snickering. Otherwise there is a girl with short black hair and glasses not talking to anyone in particular. Monica is her name you think.

[spoiler]Npcs can onlt pick one club at the moment sorry if that was confusing[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Clubs!? Roman shouted amongst the uproar of the class, not that it really caught anyone's attention. It wasn't meant to, he had simply come to a recognition of sorts. Of course! That's how I'll entertain myself here. Plus I'll finally find people I can talk to seriously! He barely kept himself from jumping up and down excitedly. What Roman did not keeping himself from doing, though, was running over to the board as soon as etiquette allowed him.

He made a quick scan of the list over the others' heads. "Let's see, let's see...Yes, those will do nicely...Geology and research. Such a wonderful combination! After all where to magnets even come from, but the EARTH! Quickly and without hesitation, he signed his name on the two club lists. He didn't even know he was smiling to himself, but he kept it on his face even while he made his way back to his seat. "This is going to be great!" He muttered to himself excitedly.

At this point, he wasn't even paying attention to people, and was fidgeting a lot. With magnets, of course. The smile wasn't nearly as odd anymore, but more just plain happy.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

It's not as if the other clubs didn't interest Kevin-they all did. But as he followed his fellow classmates into the hall to peruse the wide array of club listings set before them, he came across two that he just could not resist. And thinking so, he carefully wrote out his name in the notice board, right under the listing titled the "Newspaper Club."

That was the simple part, however. What came after would take some work, but Kevin was already concocting a plan to take care of that as well. He had in mind the mass distribution of flyers or maybe even a poster or two. Announcements would also be altered and rumors would be leaked. In short, the entire school's media was to be his plaything. After all, such was the joy held by those who take over the newspaper club.

The young man smiled, eager to put his plan in motion and join the simple organization called:

[spoiler]
http://www.youtube.com/v/0MYzkBiJn5Y&autoplay=1

[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Lance

But after taking another quick look through the list, yet another club drew him in. Thus, his pen was moving almost sub-consciously as he signed his name under another club listing-the Tabletop Club.

That accomplished, he set his eyes upon the rest of the cast. A group of snickering boys to the left and an oddly familiar girl to the right. in addition to some apparent foreigner raving something about magnets. But Kevin paused. There was something about that foreigner that struck a chord within him. Had they met before? Kevin wondered.

Meh.

The young man ended up shrugging in the end. Though it felt odd to the point where it bordered the unnatural, he decided he'd start the year by sticking with familiar ground. And so, he made his way up to miss short black hair and glasses girl.

"Yo, it's Monica, right?" he asked.

"Name's Kevin. Pleasure to meet ya."

Mysticsage

Roman

You continue to fiddle around with the small magnets you carry around with you until one slips out of your hand by accident a nothing student goes rushing past bumping into your arm in the process. Looking down the row attempting to find them. You see the student who had bumped into you. He looks close to tears as he sits in his seat towards the back of the classroom as he simply slumps in his seat deflating looking as if he's seen death in the face. You think you. remember his name being Wallace from the teacher's role call.

Kevin
Monica looks up at you from her book and smiles a slight smirk from behind the reflection of her slim rectangular framed glasses. Her gaze feeling like it can readyour mind

"Hi Kevin what's up?."

Despite never really having a chance to talk before,from hearing the rumors and having her in some of your previous classes she is known as one of the smartest people in the sophomore class not because of her brains, but because of her work ethic. She's very much a direct person person with no care in the world for other people's standing. Always ready to speak her mind. Despite her anussuming appearance more then one of the students and teachers steer clear of her. Her sense of right and wrong is equally strong.

Linwelin

Roman picks up his magnet quickly, afraid of being far from them, then wanders over to his classmate. Poor guy, I wonder what bothers him?...well, I know what can help! Thinking only with good intentions, he loosens his grip and hands the boy his magnets, while pulling out a separate set for himself.

"Your name was Wallace, yes? Here, fiddle with these, and take mind off problems! Let me know what ails you while we entertain ourselves." Roman says with a smile. For Roman to let someone borrow his magnets was a big deal, as they were his joy. So to him, it was a great honor, and token of trust.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

"Just got done picking out my clubs," Kevin promptly answered. "But more importantly..."

"Whatcha reading?" he had to ask, while leaning forward to get a closer look. He was genuinely curious what Mrs. Work Ethic considered a "good read." But more than that, he was bored and found little else that could pass the time.

"Is it about work ethics, Mrs. Work Ethic?" Kevin asked innocently. "Or maybe about women and the size of their brains?" he continued "...Oh, I know."

Kevin's eyes lit up, as if reaching a sudden epiphany.

[spoiler]"It's about making your eyes NOT suck, isn't it?"[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Roman[/b]

Wallace looked up at Roman slightly in shock. Taking the magnets that were handed to him out of reflex more then anything else. The kindness was not lost on him as he tried too composes himself as you take a seat in the desk infront of him straddling the back so that you could look at him and the magnets.

His eyes still red he steadies his breathing, ?I?m fine,? he stated some Jerks I know  just played a prank on me and a few of my friends is all.? Despite his bluster you can tell he?s pretty broken up about it.

?They thought it?d be funny to pick our clubs for us hoping to see our reactions.?
He grimaced slightly

?I don?t look like much of a boxer do I?? he chuckled bitterly. Wallace was very much out of shape and he knew it. A series of unfortunate circumstances at home and in life meant that he was always a wimp who hated confrontation. This coupled with him being very much overweight meant that he was an easy target for others.

You realize that this must have been what those other guys were snickering about in front of the noticeboard. They had been exploiting the no changing rule, as a way to ruin others chances to sign up for the clubs they wanted.

Kevin[/b]

"It?s a Karate book Rifken you know as in the martial art. I thought it be fun to learn to break people's noses."

It was a benign threat and her smile showed she only half meant it. Kevin?s tendency to be a bit of a button pusher seemed to have reached her. She was not about to rise to rise to his ploys, but she was not about to back down either. It

?Besides I enjoy my glasses.? she said with a chuckle,?So, What clubs did you join anyway Kev?"

Linwelin

"Ahhh, that would be reason to be upset." Roman says, but thinks a moment, "However, I see opportunity. Clubs like those don't just throw unconditioned boxers into sparring. You will be training, yes? This is chance to pull one on those bullies! Show them that you can be in this club, and get a more comfortable physique. Two birds with one stone!"

"After all, you don't have to be good at the subject to be in the club. And of course explain circumstances to teacher or principle. Your name is obviously not in your handwriting, so you may get exception to change rule. But if you're stuck, it may not be a bad thing, yes?"

Roman looked the boy over, the patted him on the shoulder. "It will work out. But as curiosity, what club were you trying for?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

"Hah," the young man chuckled. "I've got a slightly better opinion of you now!" he continued with a smile, while giving the girl a slight pat of approval.

"I like breaking noses too."

"But what I had really meant to say was this," Kevin quickly added, not missing the implied threat. "You've got great work ethics, you're very brainy, and you've got beautiful eyes... no matter how impaired they really are."

"But that's beautiful too."

"As for your question, I've just signed up for the newspaper club, tabletop club, and student council," the young man answered.
"And of all three... yeah, I think I'll be stopping by the tabletop club first."

"I just love playing games with people after all."

Mysticsage

Roman[/b]

Wallace looks at you rather promisingly, ?You have a point there. If I really work at it and change then who will be laughing then!? Wallace?s resolve seemed to grow and your words have set a goal in his mind. As he contemplates what to do next he chuckles slightly at your last comment. ?To be honest, I was freaking out trying to decide I thought I might do something simple like art, but I guess that ship has sailed.?

Snapping out of his thoughts he smiles in shock, ?I?m sorry you?ve been sitting here listening to al my problems that I never got your name!?

Kevin[/b]

?Ah, Kev? she said chuckling ?Thank?s for the complement-- I think." Chuckling at his comment he had seemed to clear things up. ?Though don?t think that you can just flatter me and I won?t call you on your crap. Your not my type? She said flipping here hair slightly. ?For all you know we might be rivals?

At this her quipping stopped ?I think someone is looking for you Kev.? Said Monica pointing out the classroom at a girl wearing a helmet scanning the classroom. Her glances seemed to be frantic but the piece of equipment seemed to be hampering her view of him.

Linwelin

"Ah, of course, where are my manners! I am Roman. It is pleasure to meet you." He says happily, offering his hand for a handshake. "And as for other clubs, if you're still interested, they wouldn't mind you dropping in from time to time, I'm sure! At least if you have passion for it." Even while talking, Roman continued to fiddle with his magnets. It's just what he did when he was idle. "If you ever need help, I'd be happy to lend hand, Wallace. You are good guy."

"I guess I can consider myself lucky that I chose my clubs quickly!" He says jokingly, "No doubt I would be target, too."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

"Flattery..?" Kevin raised an eyebrow. "I like that. So let's just say that's what it was. In any case, thanks for the heads up," Kevin said, following Monica's cue and spotting a familiar figure in the crowd. "I'll be going then, but before I do..."

"You said something interesting just now," The young man stated, while resuming his customary devilish grin.

"What makes you think that such kind, responsible, and lovable people such as you and I would ever become something akin to rivals?"

Mysticsage

Roman

Wallace accepted the handshake happily, ?It?s a pleasure to meet you Roman!? ?I?m glad we could talk it really helped set me straight?. It was weird as you shook his hand it seemed like it grew in strength as it went.

?And don?t worry you haven?t been here long enough to have drawn attention to yourself?

Maybe it was just his new found confidence, but it seemed like something more though as he lets go of your hand and you notice something weird about his face and hair though you are unable to place what changed if anything at all.

These feelings do not dissipate as you continue to talk to him, but you can never quite make sense of what the difference actually is. Like an itch you just cannot scratch it will continue to bother you.

Kevin

?Just a feeling I have.? She smiled before she returned to her reading signaling the end of the conversation. It is at that point that Serah one of Kevin?s childhood friends finally sees him despite her helmet. Pulling him from the classroom and into a quite hallway she finally seems to calm down.

?I?ve been looking for you everywhere Kevin! I needed to talk with you.? She huffed her shyness fading away now that she is not in public view.

Throndir

The "Moral and Togetherness" club? Even Brian had to admit that is sounded pretty damn lame. He shrugged however, he knew he probably wasn't going to be as involved in the mandatory clubs. Except for maybe that cooking club. Even as the student walked into the classroom, he was already thinking of the new club he was to join. Sure, he never did like school, he never participated in anything extracurricular, not did he take any of his responsibilities seriously. But maybe a club wasn't actually that bad of an idea. He couldn't imagine what the other kids in there would be like, hell, throughout middle school he had never met anyone who liked to cook, not even among the few girls he had known. He was curious, there was no doubt to that fact.

He thought of all the recipes he had already mastered, and all the attempts he had done in the past to attempt to combine Campbell soup into his cooking. There was a part of him that was itching to try again. Perhaps one of the club members would know the key to combine the different foods. It was in this way, completely lost in thought, that Brian ventured into the new classroom.

The kids were talking to themselves, much like how it was in his previous class. 2-D? Was it 2-C? He didn't even know anymore, though it wasn't like Brian to think too hard on it. He looked back, taking note the class number assigned to them; "2-E", it read. This was definitely the class. As Brian looked around, he realized that the teacher never really gave him a seat. So he did what any other highschooler would do: taking the nearest desk, he sat in it.