Prologue: Welcome to Capital City! [COMPLETED]

Started by Hasabushi, March 07, 2013, 12:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Viktor Takes a small cloth from his book bag and wipes the cut clean, standing carefully. Well with my powers gone for now, I guess "light" is out of the question He begins pacing the room slowly, looking for anything of use for himself, or maybe someone in the group. After looking around he joins up with the group, not wanting to get worse than the scratch he has while wandering alone. "Sorry...without powers...useless...will say if I notice anything." He goes silent again, really wishing he could be of more use.

[spoiler]Viktor looks around as best as he can, before returning to the group, hoping one of them has a source of light.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[First 10 Seconds]

NAO
"DIBS on the chair!"

As you race for the chair, you could have sworn you saw it move, you hear a swish sound
as something passes by your ear, suddenly you feel a burning sensation at the tip of your right ear.

Sigil
"STOP!!!"

As you scream you notice that oddly enough the sound seemed to be suddenly dampened, as if it was
accoustically redirected.

Suddenly you hear something skittering across the floor it seems to be headed in your direction.

ODIE 1
"As Odie reached the man leaning against the wall he heard the word "STOP!". 
He came to a halt in front of the man and turned towards the young man heading towards the chair."

As you analyzing the situation you see something odd, about the light in the middle of the room, it
appears to fluctuating faster than the human eye can see. You also detect a strange low level hum
outside of the range of human hearing. You are also sensing low levels of a acidic compound.

SPECTER
Jin thought solemnly, let us dance you and I, creature of the dark. We are predators both,
who shall then be the pray?

As you enter your meditative shadow form, you soon realize that room has no corner it appears to be a
curved surface of somekind. As you enter the final stage of the art form, your eyes began to adjust
to the darkness, everything seems to slow around you, until out of nowhere you see a silver tendril
heading toward Nao, you are unable to stop at but are amazed at how quickly it strikes then vanishes.

[END 10 SECONDS]

NAO
Your cell light functions but its practically useless, only yielding a few feet of sight.

MIND SENSE
With the nanomachines inside her unoperational, the cannon wouldn't have worked either.
But the suit should still have some internal power, she started to flip a switch on her cannon.

You switch on your cannon it lights breifly but the level is barely that of a candle, it soon drains
and dims completely out. However you were for a brief moment able to receive information from
nanites in the nanoseconds it took for power to come and go. The room appears to be completely round
though you cannot seem to ascertain its exact size you know it is at least 500ft in diameter. You also
detected several spherical shaped opening in the floor approx 1-10 inches across, then data stream
ceases.

BOOK KEEPER
You wipe the wound cleanly but notice that the cut is starting burn, the pain is nearly searing.

SCENE CONTINUES:
half of the floor suddenly begins to move rising at what appears to be a 80 degree angle, The party
quickly begins to slide as the angle becomes sharper. (You're all standing on that particular side due
to the inlet.There skittering appears to be more frequent.

Babalover80

As Odie feels the ground start to move under him he attempts to plant his hand in the wall to gain purchase, using his other hand to keep the man leaning against the wall from sliding too quickly towards the level surface in case they would be sliding toward the source of the acidic smell.  Adjusting to gain traction on the ground, Odie slowly descends towards the floor while helping Sigil go towards the chair.

He had the impression that things were moving very rapidly and decided that he needed to make certain facts available to the team so that they could help to deduce what was causing these phenomena.  "I am detecting a low level vibrational frequency that appears to be outside the range of human perception and the light coming from the ceiling seems to be flickering faster than can be registered as well.  There is an acidic compound present within this room and I have not yet ascertained the source."

As he said that he started to breathe in the air laced with the acidic compound and  attempted to run it through for analysis.  He was thinking about how he could maybe eject a dye or chemical  that would react with the compound letting the group see where it was emanating from.  He was also thinking of a way to light up the room so they could maybe see their adversary.   As he was contemplating this he turned to look towards the man he was helping. "Would you like to sit while you regain your strength?"

Mysticsage

Seth couldn't breath it start with he had been exhausted taking a fall even a partail fall was enough to leave him winded. He needed to sit and preferably on something that was not going to move. Using the large metal mans arms to help support himself he turned to the chair.

"Would you like to sit while you regain your strength?" asked the man made of metal with what Seth thought was a air of concern. He had to give in on this one, nodding slightly he then shakely motioned to the chair weezing a slight thanks as he was dragged/carried to the chair. Using the last of his strength to push himself up into the chair he was spent and was not worried about what happened next.

"Thank you," he said once again after a moment.

Linwelin

Just one thing after the next... Viktor mused to himself as the floor elevated, causing him to tumble toward the center with the rest.

All that could heard for a while was the groaning of those who had not landed elegantly. "I don't like this..." Viktor said bluntly. All he wanted to do was read, he missed the library.

When he heard the details about an acidic compound, he spoke up. "Whatever scratched me had acid...my wound burns." What he would do to get the use of his power back, a few words and there would be light and he would be healed. He didn't understand why he was even here. What's the point of all this? And what's out there in the dark... Before he began panicking, Viktor took a few deep breaths to calm down. Just think...what is the goal of this test. Then you can get out of this place.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

Hell was that? Nao thought, as something grazed his ear.

It was still on his mind even as he responded to that loud "STOP" from before, as well as later when he made a mental count of the number of voices in the room. And even now, Nao couldn't help but wonder what it was that grazed him, as some kind of robot emerged from the darkness while carrying a man in green robes... only to set the man on his chair.

"How sweet."

Before he could comment further on the matter, however, Nao heard the voice of a young boy.

"Whatever scratched me had acid...my wound burns."

And come to think of it, his ear was also burning.

Acid, huh

That'd explain why the feeling wouldn't go away.

So this was what acid felt like... the young man pondered. Thing feels weird.

There was still the issue of the acid's source, however. Some kinda wound on the boy and now this graze on him. Just what kinda creature WAS this thing?

Some kinda half-decent fluorescence would REALLY shed some light on the situation, Nao thought then, so he practically threw his only light source-the phone-at the robot.

"You, tin can. Think you can make something outta this?"
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Manzokushi

The sarcasm, joy and snarky comments were not found within the void only the warrior. Jin watched in slow motion as something to fast to follow with the untrained eye lashed out to strike. If he had been near to the boy perhaps he could have deflected the blow. Others in the room clamored over various ideas of what was going on and how it was happening. Team work was not his strong suit but Jin understood the concepts taught by his father on the subject.

The room began to move and shift changing the landscape. The drill here seemed to be to place those within out of their element. The first rule of combat was to know the lay of the land. So the young man moved with the floor allowing his movements to flow with the changes, the shadows clinging to him like a cloak.

He spoke in a low voice that seemed to come from opposite his position, ?This room is not square, it appears to be more cylindrical. Also the beast appears to strike with silver tendrils; I believe this could be a machine of some kind. Given that we do not have our powers, a machine would be at a distinct advantage.? The voice trailed off as Jin continued to survey the room, to feel the pulse of the conflict and attempt to read the motions and movements of the challenges within.

He was not far from the others now, only a few steps away allowing them to be the prey, Jin waited preparing to counterstrike.

Throndir

The shifting of the room had almost knocked Megella off-balance, well, almost. But she quickly regained her footing, slowly balancing out her body as the ground shifted; moving her weight alongside with the heavier mechanics attached to her body. Megella had no idea what she had goten herself into. One moment they offered her information on the perpertrators who had stormed her father's lab not so long ago, and the next moment they were throwing her into a dark and closed room grouped with strangers and pitted against some unknown danger.

The nanomachine-infused girl sighed. Oh how she just loved sadistic overly-powerful beings. She would have continued on a tirade pointing out everything she disliked about the so-called Assessors, but there was something at the back of her mind telling her to keep moving forward. After all, the room could hold any number of dangers, and it would be better to be prepared for them rather than not.

"This room is not square, it appears to be more cylindrical. Also the beast appears to strike with silver tendrils; I believe this could be a machine of some kind. Given that we do not have our powers, a machine would be at a distinct advantage."

"If you had been paying any attention when I turned on those lights for a moment you could have already seen the shape of the room. And you missed several of the spherical shaped openings across the floor, varying between 1-10 inches."

Babalover80

After releasing Sigil so that he could seat himself properly in the chair, Odie reached up to grab the phone as it was thrown at him.  With the acid, the light fluctuation, the hum in the room, and a monster on the loose, he could understand why some of the others were on edge.  He was also still very worried about the chair his teammate was using.  It was a lot to take in with the clock ticking as fast as it was.  Though he was still calculating ways to help resolve some of those issues, he concluded that the first thing they needed was light.  ?I am not made of tin, but am composed of a liquid composition of titanium?, he said as he studied the phone with interest.  He then turned towards the woman who did not seem at all happy to be in the current situation.  ?Also I?m not sure if the light generated by your armor lingered long enough for the rest of the group to notice our environment because as we have learned from the cell phone, a dim light is not quite enough to see this area in its totality.?  He then looked towards the cell phone. ?I will try and make something that will allow us to get a better idea of our surroundings.?

As he said that a yellow light seemed to start building up in the two cathodes on his chest.  As the energy reached a climax it shot as a burst through his arms, almost bursting from the seams of his joints as it raced towards the phone. When the energy exited his hands the phone dissolved into a ball of liquid metal and started to spin at high speeds.  The energy seemed to crackle as it surrounded the ball and it extended from his hand seemingly attached by a small string of liquid metal.  When the last of the energy poured itself into the ball of metal, the liquid metal reformed into the shape of a larger cell phone vaguely resembling the cell phone Nao had handed him.  The newly forged cell phone looked as if it had just been taken from a smelting pot and then cooled in the space of a few seconds.

The cell phone looked familiar but it seemed as if some of the buttons had been moved onto different parts of the phone and the screen itself then rose so that it could be pointing forward as would a flashlight.  Odie turned the flashlight on and a wide angled beam penetrated the darkness.  As the flashlight lit up, everyone around him noticed that some of the red on his skin had faded to a very opaque color, almost translucent.  As Odie handed Nao the flashlight he said with enthusiasm, ?My first invention?.  Almost as if he had given birth to a child. 

Throndir

Megella nodded impassively as the area was lit a bit more clearly. She noticed again the spherical-shaped openings on the floor. Seeing that no one else was making a move, she crept up closer to the nearest hole, moving slowly and planning to stop at the first sign of danger. Without her extraordinary senses granted to her by the nanomachines that ran through her, she felt like how she did before she had donned the suit; limited.

[spoiler]Megella will carefully move closer to the nearest opening, and attempt to examine it. She'll retract or move away at the first sign of danger.[/spoiler] 

Hasabushi

SIGIL
You feel relaxed when you sit in the chair there is a strange sensation of
some sort, then you suddenly realize that your powers have returned as mystic
energy begins to flow through, you raise your voice to tell the others, but
realize... that you cannot speak...

BOOKKEEPER
Before he began panicking, Viktor took a few deep breaths to calm down. Just think...
what is the goal of this test. Then you can get out of this place.

(I'm assuming since Vicktor is highly analytical that he is beginning to piece things
together.) You began to look at all the elements together, the chair, the light, the creature,
and the room itself. You decide that focusing on one element at a time makes more sense than
looking at them all together (since you have most likely read every Arthur Conan Doyle book in existence)

SPECTER
He was not far from the others now, only a few steps away allowing them to be the prey,
Jin waited preparing to counterstrike.

You get a innate feeling of something different, something else is in the room, your not sure
what but you feel that it is close, very close.

NAO

Then burning sensation has gone away but now you are feeling faint, almost dizzy. You're finding
it hard to breathe and your skin is sweating profusely.

MIND SENSE
Megella will carefully move closer to the nearest opening, and attempt to examine it. She'll retract
or move away at the first sign of danger.

You move close to one of the several "swiss cheese" openings on the floor, you noticed that it
appears to open from underneath there is a clear seam that surounds each hole of varrying sizes.

SCENE CONTINUES
[As Mind Sense now has a point of reference]
Suddenly the room begins to move again, as you stare at the holes on the floor you notice
that they are moving away or is it that you are rotating away from them.  Everyone senses
the movement of the room.

Linwelin

Viktor decides to focus on the only object currently in sight. The chair. Why is it lit up? It must server some importance...but what? And how did they manage to suppress our powers. An idea pops into his head. THE DOOR! When I went to open it I was seared. If they are able to suppress through contact with inanimate objects...then... Viktor switches between studying his seared hand and studying Sigil's action's in the chair, hoping he can get some sort of confirmation for his theory.

Viktor sees Sigil's sudden excitement, but strangely, did not make any sound. It's as though he cannot talk...Wait! If they can suppress power, certainly it's possible to suppress speech. That confirms it, the chair is not the danger, but the necessity!

"Everyone, Sigil's found something important, but I believe he is unable to communicate. All I can tell is the chair is special, and the key to solving this scenario." Viktor then digs through his book bag, pulling out a pen and a notebook, which he always carries around to take notes and study from. Quickly, he walks up to Sigil. "Sigil, if you can move, try writing down what you've found in this notebook." He opens the notebook and hands both items to Sigil.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Seth let out a small sigh of relief as his powers returned it felt as if the blood in his body began flowing again after a long time He felt alive completely disregarding any drawbacks. "Finally a chance to get some payback on those who put him in such a humiliating position." he thought to himself with a smirk.  Now all he had to do was think and act fast before whatever it was in the room the room with them decided to try to harm someone or dethrone him. 

Everyone, Sigil's found something important, but I believe he is unable to communicate. All I can tell is the chair is special, and the key to solving this scenario." Viktor then digs through his book bag, pulling out a pen and a notebook, which he always carries around to take notes and study from. Quickly, he walks up to Sigil. "Sigil, if you can move, try writing down what you've found in this notebook."

As Seth excepted the note book he got a flash of inspiration remembering a ritual in a book he had read which might help. First things first he grabbed multiple slips of paper out of one of his many belt pockets, Biting into his thumb hard until he tasted blood he used it to scribble an interact pattern on seven of them using the blood. Seth knew that as magic based mediums go, blood is by far the best if had any chance of pulling it off he would need an optimal magic transference. Plus to be honest he thought as he tried to get the taste of blood out of his mouth its all he had to work with.

Finally he used the notebook from the kid and drew a spetagram formation with a dot at the center labeling it chair and handed him both the notebook and slips of paper.

[spoiler] His spell should call upon lighting power and circle him in ribbons. When the power is concentrated it becomes a flying serpent striking out at enemies. Seth having given the instructions closes his eyes and begins focusing his powers internally.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Viktor watched, half astonished, half disturbed, as Sigil wrote with his own blood on the paper. Once he has the notebook back, Viktor speed-reads through the notes and diagrams, and begins reciting the notes to the group, "It seems the chair restores powers to whoever sits in it. However it renders the user mute. In the midst of this, Sigil has thought up a plan, involving one of his rituals. He'll be attempting to perform it now, as it does not require speech." Those listening note that the original, soft-spoken Viktor was gone, in place of a well-spoken, analytical mind. It was almost jarring that the 12-year-old has so much knowledge and understanding.

Viktor holds up the main diagram to the group, "This is his plan, so I assume we need to just give him some space, and defend him while it's cast. It should remove the acid in the air, as well as assault whatever being is hiding in the dark."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Seth was impressed with this seemingly young kid he had gathered quite a lot of information from his hastily written note but he had to remind himself to maintain his focus. He continued to pool his power hoping that his ritual would work the way he had planned.