Enter The Dungeon....

Started by Hasabushi, April 10, 2012, 02:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

(Yeah its interesting how the rolls go without any sort of bonus modifiers :) )

lightspeed15

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 19 + 4, total 23[/blockquote]

+4 due to Improved Initiative

Hasabushi

(Waiting one more day for other possible responses)

Hasabushi

Order of Movement

1. Zan
2. Creature A:
3. Creature B:
4. Ving
5. Belgi

Brief Breakdown of how combat and movement works:

A Round consists of the time it takes for each PC, NPC to use all their actions or pass.
An Action is approximately 5 seconds of time.

You use 1 AP (Action Point) for every square you move (notice the grid pattern in the room)
It takes 3 AP (2 for preparing and 1 for casting) to prepare and cast a spell
All range/melee attacks use 1 AP

If you run out of AP you can only face and or defend. If you choose to defend you either gain a AP up to the maximum
amount of your AP, or face which means to limit the attack from behind or from the side.

Moving only requires the amount 1 AP per Square.

Other Special Actions are Denoted as Follows:

01. Move - 1pt per square.
02. Jump - 2pt
03. Kneel - 1pt
04. Stand - 1pt
05. Change facing - 0pt per turn
06. Use skill (hide in shadows, parry, etc) - 2pts
07. Cast spell - 5pts + Mana usage
08. Switch from melee to ranged - 2pts
09. Climb up/down - 2pts
10. Use item - 3pts
11. Open Lock - 2pts
12. Bash door/chest - 2pts
13. Grapple/Strangle - 5pts +1 per round held
14. Defend - 0pts (recover 1)
15. Block - 1pts
16. Counterattack - 2pts (free attack)
17. Set Trap - 5pts per Difficulty Level
18. Charge - 2 pts per square
19. Flee - 5pts per square
20. Pickup drop item/weapon/object - 1pt

If there are other actions that you do not see on the list, simply ask in OCC what amount of points and action costs.

Queuing up actions:

You can also, if you wish que up actions which will follow in suit with each player. For example:

Round 1: Charge (2), Pickup Item (1), Switch Ranged (2)
Each Action would be called after everyone has taken their turn per intiative

Round 1: Charge (2) <--- You
Round 1: Take Defensive stance (0) <----Opponent
Round 1: Pickup Item (1) <--- You
Round 1: Switch to Melee (2) <---- Opponent
etc

Special Modes:

A Party also has two options that can be called at the beginning of a round, these options must be voted on, majority wins:
1. Duel Mode - The player can challenge another NPC or Player to a duel, the loser is eliminated from the round.
2. Strategic Movement - The entire Party can adapt a specific style of combat throughout the round, ie ranged, melee, magic, etc.
3. Standby - the entire party can be put on standby simply allowing the NPCs to make their movements, however if both the PC's and NPC's adapt this mode the standby will be cancelled and the round will begin with all parties in Defensive mode.
4. Defensive - The players all stand in a defensive posture and advance one square each round.
5. Parlay - This mode puts the party into a relaxed yet ready position, in this mode the party will attempt to speak with the NPC's to resolve the conflict. You could make some valuable allies, or give your opponents first chance to strike.
(more details to come later on these special modes, just thought I would introduce the concept of it now, it will come in handy for later larger battles.)

Hasabushi

(If Zan does not move within 1 days time, he will placed in defensive mode and then his turn will be passed on)

Hasabushi

QuoteI'm going to assume that all PC's are behind the pedestal opposite the creatures, save for ving who is just above the pedestal (flying)

Hasabushi

NUMBERPLAYERUP FOR GRABSSPECIALINITIATIVEACTION POINTS
1BelgiNO518
2VingNO+2 Dodge (flight)418
3ZanNO112
4KazaYESDEFENSIVE12
5WanYESDEFENSIVE21
ACreature (uni)NOMOB2
BCreature (uni)NOMOB3

lightspeed15

QuoteWell I had to update my character with his weapon of choice, so now I'll go. I forgot to include his weapon. :/

Zan takes two careful steps towards the creatures and steps in front of Ving. He reaches into his boot in one fluid motion, pulling from it a knife which he flings towards the creature. (Attacking 'A').

Quote[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 11 + 4, total 15[/blockquote]
Attack roll, plus 6 due to dexterity. Its a longranged attack.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+2 : 3 + 2, total 5[/blockquote]
^^Knife throw

QuoteThat all you needed? Or did I mess up?

Hasabushi

QuoteZan has used 3 action points 2 for moving 2 spaces and 1 for attacking at ranged. Free action given for weapon change (next weapon change will cost 2 action points)

Your knife flies through the air impacting the creatures raised shield it splits the shield in two, but has lost momentum barely nicking the creature A (-2 HP)

The Creatures have both now focused their attack on you. You can either defend (give up the rest of your AP for this round) or continue your attack.

1BelgiNO518
3ZanNO19
4KazaYESDEFENSIVE12
5WanYESDEFENSIVE21
ACreature (uni)NOMOB2
BCreature (uni)NOMOB3

Throndir

QuoteI'm going to post my move here, and you can just let it actualize when it's supposed to take place - which is at the end of everyone? XD

Belgi

Seeing the fight taking place, the dwarf moves toward the back of his group. Kneeling on he ground, Belgi raised his weapon, aiming at the same target Zan just attacked.

QuoteMoving to the back of the group. Queuing up actions if I can, which would be attack -> reload -> attack -> reload.

lightspeed15

Zan yells with joy, since removing the creature's shield and begins running towards the creature with no shield (A). He takes the Buster Sword from his back and lunges towards the creature, ignoring the rest of his companions.

Quote[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15[/blockquote]
+6 due to strength

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+2 : 2 + 2, total 4[/blockquote]
Damage done to creature (A).

Hasabushi

I'm assuming that Zan is closing into melee range which will cost him 1 point per square, which is a total of 8 points. leaving 1 point remaining, there are not enough points in order to switch to melee, your are currently in defense mode till the next round.

Creature A charges meeting Zan in his charge, he swings his short sword
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20[/blockquote]

if hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 4 + 1, total 5[/blockquote]

Creature B swirls something over head and releases a projectile at his target Zan.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 15 + 2, total 17[/blockquote]

if hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

Highest roll wins

1BelgiNO518
3ZanNO11
4KazaYESDEFENSIVE12
5WanYESDEFENSIVE21
ACreature (uni)NOMOB2
BCreature (uni)NOMOB3

Hasabushi

The head monk raised his hands, as the young forty seven yeard old Kurah approached. In his hands Kurah held the staff that he had carried since he was a child, it had been his friend, his companion, his protector. It had been with him through trials of the inner circle and the tests of the old ones. He approached his feathers blowing gently in the breeze on top of Mount Highland. "Master I have come as you have commanded, what is your binding?". The old one chortled, almost laughing at the greeting of Kurah the Stuanch, "You still have not learned to relax I see, well I can't teach you everything, but I can help you reach the next level of your training. That is if your ready..."

Kurah nodded and bowed in an act of respect, barely hearing his masters words. The old one smiled lightly and held out his hand, "Your staff... if you please", he held his aged hands out waiting for Kurah's response. The bird-man hesitated looking at that which had been with him since he was barely able to walk or fly, he held it tightly for a moment, but then released it reluctantly in the old ones hands.

The Ancient Monk smiled wider this time, he took the staff in both hands and held and it high above his head, the staff glowed with a strange light as he swept it around over his head. He took the staff and slammed it into the ground in front of him its length giving off a strange red glow. "Now take it..."

Kurah obeyed grasping the staff tightly, his eyes went wide as strange energies coursed through his body he felt his very being begin to shift and change. "Master what...??"

The Old one grinned, "Oh and by the way you'll need this.." he tossed something in the air it arced through the air and landed promptly in Kurah's hand as he automatically reached for it. It felt cool to the touch its edges were hard and apparently chiseled, it was a gem of some sort, bright green in color.

Kurah tried to speak but the energies the poured through his body, robbed him of any such attempt. He felt sick to his stomach and his head began to spin. The temple around him faded away as everthing swirled in mystical energies of color and light. When he opend his eyes, there before him was an odd pedestal of some sort, there were also others moving around though he couldn't make it out clearly as his vision was still distored...

Introducing Kurah to DQ

Hasabushi

1BelgiNO518
3ZanNO+2 Dodge (flight)11
4KazaYESDEFENSIVE12
5WanYESUP FOR GRABS21
6KurahNO621
ACreature (uni)NOMOB2
BCreature (uni)NOMOB3

Linwelin

Kurah blinked a couple times, but even through the daze he managed to keep his composure. Until my eyes recover I will use my other senses to see...as Master taught me. With that thought he simply closed he eyes, letting the sound on the wind tell him of others' movement and breathing. He took the time to analyze what had just happened. I still feel that strange energy coursing through me...so I am not waking from rest...the air is dank...as though I'm in a cavern of some sort...was I teleported somehow?

He stood in perfect stillness, like a statue, obviously disciplined. Knowing others were about, imagining they knew he was there, he took a risk and spoke. "Where...am I?" His voice was raspy, matching his raven-like demeanor. It was half of the reason he did not enjoy speaking. For a bird, he hardly had a sing-song voice.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]