[DO NOT REPLY][Background of Sebastian Zweigart] The German

Started by Linwelin, May 13, 2012, 08:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

QuoteI'll be adding to this little by little. I'm not a fantastic writer, but for those who read it, enjoy :)

Friday Morning
October 24, 1952
6:00 AM

It wasn't easy sneaking onto the cargo ship in the spit city of Sylt, Germany, but young Sebastian was tired of living on the streets of the port town, the wind and rain only weakening him. He had decided just last week that any place would offer better living conditions than here, and waiting for winter wasn't an option. Being small had it's advantages, so he was able to make it into a decent crate, luckily full of clothes. And after gathering whatever food he could over the past week, the 10-year-old felt he was ready for the journey. If anything, he was warmer than usual.

Rough as the waters of the English channel were, Sebastian managed to sleep soundly for most of the trip, rest he hadn't had in months, maybe years. The trip took a week, which left him without food for the last few days. But upon arriving in Lowestoft, Great Britain, he had to focus all that energy on getting off the ship unnoticed. Before leaving, he grabbed overcoat from the crate, knowing he'll need it. Dodging from crate to crate, patiently waiting for openings, he makes his way away from the docks, beginning to scour the city to better learn his new surroundings. He finds an alley near a market street where he considers "home base". For the next two years, Sebastian lives on the streets, slowly picking up the English language through the conversations of others. Though he did not understand it then, a good amount of his hardship came because he was a German in Great Britain after World War II. Soon enough, though, he was able to speak with those around him.

Over the time he had lived on the streets, a local pub owner that had been giving him scraps and leftovers took him in, raising him as his own. The man, whom Sebastian endearingly remembers as Ol' Jack, realized the boy had a good head on his shoulders, and gave him work in the back of the pub. He worked there until,  he was 18, when Ol' Jack passed and the pub went out of business. Unwilling to go back to the streets, Sebastian instead turned to the British military.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]