May 1st, 1979. Midday [1:15 P.M.]

Started by Neili, May 12, 2012, 06:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neili

Mr. Stranger Danger falls in line behind Sebastian, making sure to keep a decent distance back.
Ian Delrain, the infamous bandit butler guitarist...Maybe the police will die from laughter and I can escape. He laughs faintly at his own amusing thoughts, but keeps his eyes focused on what lies ahead- a butler, a shy lass, and any thieve's greatest dream.

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

Rina was usually one to walk at the back whenever she was with a group, but this time around she chose to keep up with Sebastion with equal time in front of the group and beside the butler. She kept stealing a glance back towards Jennings, wondering all the while if he was a burglar or not.

Linwelin

Sebastian slowly eased, realizing that anyone who wished ill of the estate would have to go through a few "monsters" of the mansion. Vonce he meets some of ze staff, I feel I'll no longer need to vorry about his actions. So in ze mean time, I'll try to give ze man a new life like he seems to be trying for.

Finally, Sebastian comes up to the gate, with Ben sitting there in the booth. He hails the gatekeeper politely by raising his hand in greeting. He speaks back behind him, aiming it at Jennings. "Vell, here ve are."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Neili

Jennings eyes around, his instincts kicking in to find various vantage points and points of entry or exit. He nods slowly, after catching a few glimpses of the surroundings. Yeah, I can work with this. All else fails, I can get some loot and keep running.

"Fancy grounds you have here...I'll guess people with a place like this don't hire just anyone." He then looks at Rina before diverting his gaze back to the manse. Maybe I should try to play it straight this time.

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

Trailing the butler and keeping an eye out on Jennings, Rina followed suit. She was peering at Jennings intensely, and she fancied herself as a spy or even as a stalker of some sort. She smiled inwardly when she likened herself to a stalker. Though she was still hesitant of the man, she found herself relaxing more as they neared the gatehouse and as Ben waved at them.

A stalker! Fear me. She thought as she darted back and forth on either side of Sebastion, always glancing back suspiciously at Jennings.

"How you'z doing Sebastion and Rina." Ben said as the group neared. Rina, already accustomed to their long-time gate keeper smiled. In her quiet voice she spoke.

"...Stalking..." Ben raised an eyebrow though he chose not to ask or question. He looked towards the newcomer, Jennings, but he pushed a button, and soon enough the gates opened.

[spoiler]BTW, NPCs are all free for all, if you need to use them for anything.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Sebastian nods, trying not to laugh at Rina's response, not even sure how to take it. "Just taking care of business, Ben." He made a quick sign with his eyes to Ben to stay wary, then continued on, seeing him get the message.

"So tell me, Mr. Jennings. Vat sort of skills are you bringing to ze Jameson Estate. Vat kind of vork do you do?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Neili

Jennings smirks and joins Rina in the childish game of 'darts'. He is quick on his feet when he needs- or wants- to be, and moves almost like an entirely different person. But when Sebastian asks the questions, he stops dead in his tracks before piping up with his response. "Charm, playfulness, and good music? As for work... I'm in the odd jobs business. Or, used to be. Recent events changed that."

Linwelin

Sebastian turns his head, making his first true criticism, "As much as I vish to protest it at times, ve are not looking for bards, Mr. Jennings. I'll hear of your vork in detail later." If you truly vant to turn your life around, you'll need to say at least zat much...I'm the easiest to convince here, as a turn-around myself, so it won't be any easier from here on. Show more desperation; I know you feel it somevere inside yourself...And please, forgive my pressure, it is for ze safety of my family.

"Vy come here for work vith such capabilities? You must know our reputation, and zus ze caliber of ze staff ve are looking for."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Neili

Jennings narrows his eyes and replies honestly for possibly the first time. "I'm a sniper. And before you get all worried, my ex stole my rifle." Tch...First it's "I'm a sniper" then it's "I'm Ian Delrain. Yeah. The guy with a bounty on his head. You heard of me?" Hahahaaa...Oh, I really need to be more careful. This guy sure knows how to talk someone down to submission, I give him that..

Then he continues, after gathering his thoughts. "I wasn't looking to wander to your doorstep. It just happened- Who am I to argue with the present in my position?"

Linwelin

Good, he can read situations vell. I'm on your side, just keep it up. Zough I feel getting ze full name von't be an easy task. If he vas honest about being a sniper, zen zere must be a decent reason for zat. "A marksman, huh? Zat is quite ze skill. Military experience, or other training?" Sebastian replies. He tries to keep it somewhat cordial so he doesn't scare Rina.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

The maid had listened to the conversation with passing interest. She never truly did like guns and she already knew that Sebastion had once served in the military so the news wasn't as surprising as it might've been. Though she did stare at the newcomer longer though, she wondered if he had guns on him.

Guns like Noelle! A thought occurred to her. I wonder if he's hiding any... With that she squinted her eyes again trying to imagine where the burglar might hide a gun.

Neili

"Started off as a military dog, but that was a long time ago. Once a sniper, always a sniper though. Just a shame I don't have my rifle anymore..." He trails off, reminiscing about his lost gun. "Pistols and such...? Heh. They're nothing compared to rifles. Used to be a real good shot, too. Threading the needle should've been my specialty."

Shut up Ian. Don't give away too much. He clutches his empty hand and eyes his guitar case, in the other.

Linwelin

Sebastian raises his eyebrows, "Vell, if you have any of ze discipline from service remaining as habit, it vill make things easier for you here. I vasn't much different from you ven I first came here." He laughs, reminiscing. "I may have to see zose skills of yours in time."

"However, I regret to inform you zat rifles vould not be aloud in ze estate, if you are to vork here in any position."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Neili

He furrows his brows slightly and answers, "Don't have to worry about that. I don't have my rifle any more. Only things to my name are my clothes and guitar." Looking Sebastian directly in the eyes he then remarks, "But we're not very alike, either. Trust me on that."

Jennings moves the guitar case to his other hand, but in doing so it breaks open because of the faulty clasps. The guitar- and the letter tucked within its strings- cascade to the ground in a chaotic crash.

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

The resounding crash jolted Rina from her meticulous spying. She had seen the the guitar case start falling, and likewise, she had closed her eyes tight and covered her ears as the instrument fell. She never really liked things crashing down, the sounds of them almost grating to her. For the most part (save for her thoughts in some occasions), Rina was a peaceful and helpful person, at least how she shows herself to be, and didn't like things that can cause chaos - falling instruments for example.

So it was at that moment that Rina decided to help the burglar.

Maybe if I help him out and not take his things, he'll understand that stealing is not the way. Rina thought as she entertained thoughts of being some sort of paragon for justice and all that was good in the world.

A maid of justice! With that in mind she bent forward to attempt to pick up the fallen items. Her thoughts were not fully within the moment however, day dreaming more about wearing a cape and fighting bad guys, and not a moment later the stalker-turned-Maid-of-Justice over-balanced and fell forward. When she recovered, she found a letter underneath her hand. She tried not to read, though the letter was short and she couldn't help but see the words as she picked the item up.

Ian-  Took your rifle. Dumped you somewhere random. Try not getting yourself nearly killed for once. Especially for me. I don't wan't you dead :(
P.S. Left your guitar. Oh, and I dropped it a few times, so the latches broke!
-Rylla