May 1st, 1979. Midday [1:15 P.M.]

Started by Neili, May 12, 2012, 06:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neili

[spoiler]Ian Delrain arrives at the estate around midday and, having no other options, applies for a job. He may need to be shown around :3 Any of the residents or employees may join in[/spoiler]
The sun is high above the estate, drenching the land in a comfortable warmth. A stranger, with short blonde hair, a ragged goatee, and worn clothes staggers toward the gate. He holds his forehead, directly above his right eye, with with one hand.
" Great... In strange territory with a head injury." He mutters to himself.
Looking around, he spots an old, battered, slightly open guitar case under a bush and sighs,
" At least she left this.", then slides his hand down to lift it up. When he moves the case, a letter slips from its resting plce between the strings. He glances at it for a moment before slipping it back in and continuing on his way, guitar- and letter- in tow.
"About time I started fresh anyway."
He approaches the bars of the gate and stares at the manse in awe. A sly smirk spreads across his handsome visage.

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

The sun was warm as Rina strolled back home. She was coming back from picking up a few groceries for her mother. As always Rina was happy to help. She had been given some extra money too, so she figured she'd go buy Sophie something as well. She carried four bags with her, two on each hand; each filled with a variety of goods: tomatoes from the local grocery, bread from the bakery, just to name a few. Her arms were tired, but she didn't mind, the sun was out and though Rina did prefer cool winds, shade, and even cloudy skies, there was something about the sun being out that she felt everyone had to share in. She was relaxed, calm, and sure of herself, that is of course, until she saw him.

Tall, scraggly hair, and clothes to match, the first thoughts in Rina's mind wasn't very complimentary.

What's this dirty person doing here? Is he a beggar? A con artist? A solictor? A burglar? Her eyes grew alarmed at her last thoughts. What's a burglar doing here? What does he want? He should just stay there! No. He should leave! He should not get any closer. No no no. Get away! Though her thoughts screamed and panicked, Rina showed an outward cool, nothing betraying the thoughts in her head.

He's coming closer! What should I do? You can do it Rina. Think. Think! I know! I'll mash these groceries in his face then run for it! Yet even as the man neared her, Rina did not move. Finally, when the man stood right in front of her, Rina attempted to 'swing' her groceries at him. Of course, knowing Rina, instead it looked like she was handing him the bags.

"I... tried." She said softly, almost inaudible, to no one in particular.

Neili

The unknown stranger eyes her quizzically. He had never seen someone act so...odd. He gently takes hold of the bag,
"If you needed help, all you had to do was ask." Then his tired, icy blue gaze turns to the mansion again. His thoughts take over his mind. . Am I THAT disheveled that I scare a young girl? Or did she mistake me...for a hobo. Hrm. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
With his guitar case in one hand and the girl's groceries in the other, he patiently waits for her response to interrupt his thoughts.

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

As the groceries left Rina's hand, she stood there frozen, shocked, and unmoving. As always her face and visage remained impassive, but already her thoughts came in full.

I knew it! A burglar! He's stealing them! She wanted to grab them back and keep them safe, but she found her hands wouldn't move. And he's getting away with it! In that moment she wanted someone she knew to be there to support her. Or perhaps even help her take back the stolen goods. She of course, had no idea how to handle a burglar.

Within moments, and seemingly uncalled for, her eyes started watering.

Neili

The "grocery thief" turns back to see her teary-eyed. Did I do something? Maybe a tomato fell on her toe...? He glances down, then back up with a very confused look. ...Nope.
"Hey umm.." He musters his voice, "Is everything alright?"

[spoiler]Ian is quiet most of the time o.o hence short posts. Plus I'm typing on my phone[/spoiler]

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

Though asking someone if everything is alright is usually taken as something supportive, to Rina the question only made her eyes get even more teary. It was as if the very words frightened her. In fact, that statement was as close to the mark as it can get. Rina never acted well around strangers, she would always tend to sink into the background as either Sophie or Diana spoke for her. Being the quiet and shy girl that she showed herself to be, strangers made her uncomfortable. Especially burglar strangers.

She spoke quietly, her eyes filling with water.

"... Mom's... tomatoes..."

Neili

What on earth is wrong with her? Poor girl....Didn't mean to scare her.
"Her tomatoes are right here, lass, safe and sound." He raises the bag and nods slightly, trying his best to be a gentleman. Well, as much as a gentleman as he can be, the way she's scared of him.
"How about we  deliver them so you can stop...worrying?" Casually, he slides the grocery bag to the other arm- the same one as he's holding the guitar case.
Arm outstretched to take her hand, he smiles earnestly.

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

As she watched the man's hand reach towards her, Rina closed her eyes tight as if to deny the man's existence. Maybe... She thought. He'll just go away. Yet she knew he simply wouldn't vanish, and she knew she wouldn't miraculously find herself randomly strolling in the sunshine as she was not so long ago.

Yelling, or rather, squealing as it would have sounded, she drew back and started to run away from the burglar. She didn't get far however. Just moments after, she tripped and fell unceremoniously to the ground, dropping her remaining groceries in the process.

Neili

He rushes to the fallen lass, dropping his guitar case in the process. When it hits the grass it busts open. BWAHM! However, he ignores it. Step by step he makes his way closer to her. All the while his thoughts rage, Why did she run? Is she okay? Did I hurt her? Will she call the police??? I can't face another arrest! Stopping quickly when he reaches her, he slides to his knees. [spoiler]Homerun![/spoiler]
He speaks, his voice wavering slightly. "Are you...are you okay, lass?"

Linwelin

Sebastian, having finally looked over what it was Rina went to fetch, realized it may be a bit much for the girl to carry comfortably and was walking toward the gate to help her. Knowing her, she vas already having trouble vith the crowds...it's admirable zat she asked to do it zough, I give her credit for zat.

It took a moment for Sebastian to get past the shock after seeing the girl run and trip, dropping the groceries. But as soon as he saw the man, run up to her and try to help her, he immediately understood. Poor Rina...and poor man for having no clue vat's going on.

"Could somevone explain to me vat has happened?" Sebastian states as he walks up and kneels beside Rina, helping her up. "There, there, it's alright." He looks over at the man, and sees why Rina had such a reaction. Now it makes sense...Rina really needs to stop judging by appearance...zough I do not completely blame her. Sebastian also notes the mans personal belongings strewn across the ground.

"Seeing as you dropped all your tings to help her, I know it vas all a misunderstanding. I am Sebastian, a butler for ze Jameson family. Vat is your business here, Mr...?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

As the burglar talked to her, she closed her eyes tight.

What should I do? Should I respond back? But as she finally decided to respond, Sebastion had come, interrupting her thoughts, and stealing her opportunity to respond back to the burglar. Instead she let the butler help her up, and quickly hid behind her fellow Jameson staff, and peered out cautiously towards the stranger. Her eyes looked to the groceries that were still on the ground. She wanted oh so dearly to pick them back up.

Neili

[spoiler]Mom took phone for no reason D:[/spoiler]

"Jennings. Just...Jennings." The stranger said, casting his gaze away from the butler. "I'm simply on my way looking for employment...Saw this girl and looked like she needed help..I swear, I don't know why she got so startled." He rises to his feet and collects his belongings as casually as he can in this situation. "Seeing how my trying to help caused this mess, I probably shouldn't 'help' any more."

Linwelin

"Quite ze contrary, Mr. Jennings. Zis lady's life has brought her up to be incredibly shy. Expressing herself has never come easy, I'm afraid." Sebastian puts his hand back on Rina's shoulder in reassurance as he steps forward a couple steps. "I doubt eizer of you vere able to explain yourselves to each ozer in such a situation." He looks back to Rina, then sees her gaze looking elsewhere. Following her eyes, he sees the spilled groceries, causing him to smile a little. Of course.

Sebastian whispers to her, "Rina, you're free to go pick zem up. He vas never going to hurt you. And if he vere to try now, as much as I doubt he vould, I'd stop him." He smiles back to her, nodding in the direction of the groceries.

Sebastian then turns his attention back to Mr. Jennings. "Now, vat position vere you aiming to be hired for, sir?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Neili

Jennings laughs almost nervously, running a hand through his blonde hair, purely out of habit, before he speaks. "Anything. I'm not in any position to be picky." He then gets closer to the butler and speaks softly. "The girl...Will she be alright? I didn't mean to upset her at all, and I want to make things right. She reminds me of someone dear..."

Linwelin

"Yes, yes, she'll be fine. Truly a kind soul, but easily shaken, poor ting." Sebastian replies. "As for making it up to her, just do little, indirect tings. She's bad vith forceful people, taking ze attitude as aggression. Don't let it bother you too much, a similar ting happened to me ven ve first met."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_