March 1979, Front Gate Jameson Estate

Started by Linwelin, May 10, 2012, 08:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Original Poster: Hasabushi

Sunday Morning
March 21, 1979
10:30 AM

The rain fell heavily as Reggie pulled up to the main gate for the Jameson Estate, he waited patiently for the gate to open, but it didn't. Sighing he blew the horn a short single "bleep".

The Dr. could barely make out a figure approaching through the downpour, a man dressed in what appeared to be a security guard uniform approached the driver side of the car. He wrapped on the window with his knuckle, his rain slicker covering most of the features of his face.

Reggie promptly rolled down the window. "Hi I'm Dr..."

Before Reggie could finish talking the security guard interrupted,"I need to see you'z I.D." a strong New Jersey accent clearly evident.

Reggie nodded and began to promptly open his glove compartment but it didn't budge. Cursing under his breath, he pulled angrily at the release latch, inadvertently he hit the power button for the radio, causing his speakers to suddenly blare out "I Can't Get No Satisfaction."

The guard muttered something under his breath unintelligible.
Reggie paid no attention, as he successfully forced the compartment, a loud snap evidence to the result. He fished through a myriad of maps and other documents until he found what he was looking for.

He held the soft leather in his hands for a brief moment, memories flooded his mind of events long pass. Saying nothing he pulled his Drivers License from the recesses of his wallet and handed it to the guard.

Taking the license, he turned it over on the back then to the front again, "Hmm... What brings you'z all the way from California, Dr?"

Reggie raised his voice slightly as the downpour become louder, "A Job, I hope" Reggie said with a smirk on his face.

"I see, so you'z is here for the Dr. Job?"

"That's right, that's why I'm here."

Reggie exchanged glances with the Guard, it seemed like an eternity passed before one of them spoke.

"Well, I guess that means I'm good to go?"

"Yeah I guess." The guard said handing back the card. "You'z can go on in...wait I need to open the gate."

"Uhmm yeah that would help, I would appreciate it."

"Okay You'z wait right here, don't go no where."

"Not planing on it...", Reggie said tongue-in-cheek.

A few moments passed as the guard made his way up to the gatehouse, pushed something apparently remotely hidden. and stood there waving the Dr. forward. The gate began to slide slowly to the left, when suddenly Reggie was thrown forward as something impacted him from behind, his head slammed into the steering wheel bouncing cleanly backwards. Glancing into his rear-view mirror, he sighed as he could barely make out a figure exiting the vehicle behind him.

(Enter whoever)

[spoiler]The site below will help in referring to dates back in the time of this RP.
http://scphillips.com/units/dayform.html[/spoiler]

"Autsch!" Sebastian exclaims as he steps out of his automobile, rubbing his head. He dexterously pulls out and opens an umbrella, walks over to the front of the car to assess any damage, and nods contently. You can hear the gatekeeper yell, "Sebasti'n, watch wea' you'z goin'!", at which the man, seemingly a butler, solemnly bows in apology.

"I suppose I shoult check on ze one I hit," he silently mutters to himself.

Sebastian walks up beside the car, leaning down to greet you, "I'm terribly sorry, sir, I vas rushing and vas not paying attention. Zere is no damage to eizer vehicle, but I am very sorry for ze fright. You are unharmed?"

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

The bouquet of flowers she placed on her lap nearly fell off as the car bumped into the car in front of them. Rina would have noticed it coming, but she was looking out the car's window watching as the drops of rain splattered when suddenly there was an audible crashing sound. She looked at the flowers she held and realized she was clutching them too tightly ? the shock of the crash forcing her to bend a few of the stems.

"..." Rina looked towards Sebastion at the driver's seat as he got out of the car and made his way towards the car in front driven by a man. Probably apologizing. Rina thought. He could have caused so much trouble for that other man! And of course the gate guard attending to the man. And what about the car? Her eyes widened, though no words came out as she considered her thoughts.

And if the car is damaged, wouldn't it cause problems for the Jamesons? And that would mean it can cause problems for Diana. Sebastion! You should have been more alert, you were the driver after all. The car really really really better not be damaged! Rina wanted to say something, though Sebastion was already at the other car, leaving Rina enclosed in their own vehicle with nothing but the pitter-patter of rain drops on the roof.

"Sebastion..." Rina said in her trademark soft voice. "...The car..." Though of course, no one heard her words.

Linwelin

Sebastian, just after confronting the driver he hit, looks back quickly to Rina, giving a quick, reassuring smile. Vat a blunter...knowing her, she is besite herself vith vorry. I'd tell her not'ing serious has happened now if I could, but zat vill have to vait...

Sebastian then turns back, hoping to get a favorable response.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

The young Reggie, was stunned for a moment, until he heard and saw someone approaching from behind, he quickly shook himself back to his sense as a light but clear tap on the window brought his attention to the side.

"I'm terribly sorry, sir, I vas rushing and vas not paying attention. Zere is no damage to eizer vehicle, but I am very sorry for ze fright. You are unharmed?"

Reggie nodded, barely able to understand the man who appeared to be a butler of some sort, he looked particularly drenched as even though the rain had slowed a bit, it still was coming down quite heavily. "I'm fine...Mr??", he lowered the window as he spoke reaching out his hand in greeting.

Linwelin

Sebastian smiles in greeting, taking the mans hand, "Zweigart. Sebastian Zweigart, butler of ze Jameson family. Vonce again, I am sorry for ze inconvenience. I vas late in running an errand..." pauses, and clears his throat, catching himself before rambling, "Vell...ah, you have business here at ze estate, yes? Ve vill talk more inside, zen. And I did not catch your name, Mr...?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Hasabushi

"Vell...ah, you have business here at ze estate, yes? Ve vill talk more inside, zen. And I did not catch your name, Mr...?"
It was a firm handshake, which as far as Reg was concerned showed a man of integrity. "Doctor..actually, Dr. Reginald Huges, but you may call me Reggie, I'm here to replace Dr. Vernhein, He is retiring I  believe, at least that is what I was told." He realized the radio was still blaring and promptly turned it down after releasing the butlers hand. 

The security guard approached once again this time standing just behind Sebastian. Reggie could clearly make out the engraved tag above his right breast Benjirmin Riccardo, Security. "Okay's Seb we need to get you'z guyz moving, radio says more bad weather is coming". He pointed his index finger toward the now open gate as he spoke.

Linwelin

"Ach! A doctor! Vonderful news!" Sebastian exclaims,  "It is a pleasure, Reggie. Vell, I see Ben is on his vay, again. I'm making his job troublesome today, no?" He chuckles, a little nervously.

"Okay's Seb we need to get you'z guyz moving, radio says more bad weather is coming".

"Yes, yes, zat vould be goot." He turns back to Reggie, "I vill see you inside, doctor." Sebastian quickly gets in the car after shaking out and closing him umbrella.

After settling, he sees Rina looking over at him. "I am sorry for ze fright, Rina. But no vorries, zere is no damage, and the driver in front is a goot man. He is here to step in as our resident doctor. I fear I made poor first impression, zough." He chuckles, but seeing the pun was as poor as his impression, coughs nervously and stops his laughter. "Vell, let us follow him in, zen." Sebastian starts the car and procedes to follow Reggie to the estate, waving in acknowledgement to Ben as he goes.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

Her eyes looked ahead towards their new doctor. She had missed Dr. Vernhein, but she knew that the old man had wanted to retire for years already. The day that he had left and packed was a sorry one for the Jameson mansion, at least she thought so. Rina nodded slowly and deliberately.

A new doctor? She mouthed the words, but no sound came out. Well, it's to be expected, the mansion should always have a doctor on hand. Though these were her thoughts, a part of her felt that Dr. Vernhein would eventually come back, as if his leaving was just a temporary vacation. She wondered how the new doctor was like, though she didn't really like meeting new strangers, meeting one who was to become part of the Jameson staff had always kept her more open. It's kinda like extended family. She thought.

She turned towards Sebastion, still following the new doctor, and smiled.

Linwelin

Seeing Rina's smile calmed Sebastian's nervousness a bit, as he'd thought he had upset her. In a minute both cars were pulling into the estate's garage. Sebastian then proceeded to lead the doctor inside with Rina. "Qvickly, let's get out of zis rain and talk in comfort. I'll get us some tea." Sebastian leads Reggie to the main room, then goes to prepare some tea to warm everyone up.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Rina Goodsworth

The maid wanted to know more about the new doctor. She was curious on where he came from, or if he really was going to replace their doctor Vernhein.

When Sebastion left to get tea for the guest, Rina followed suit. She had brought flowers to give to Diana, they were really pretty and they were the specific shade of light blue that Diana loved, but Rina had to do her duty as well. She knew there were some cookies her mom had prepared earlier. But for some reason or another her mom had left them uneaten and covered with a plastic wrap. She knew her mother wouldn't mind though, Pamela Goodsworth always treated people who stopped by the kitchen with a snack or two, and Rina was sure she would approve if she served the cookies to the new guest.

I'm sure they'd go great with Sebastion's tea... She thought as she made her way to the kitchen.