Started by Mysticsage, May 03, 2019, 01:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Background

The Eclipse Chronicler
Lifestyle Column

The Opening Act(or)
By Cassandra Oracle

In our city, there are as many neighborhoods as there are stars in the sky or bottles of liquor down in your local pub. It is my job as a reporter to highlight the diamonds in the rough. Those streets and plazas that would otherwise go unnoticed by the larger world wasting the charm on the select few who live there. It is also my job to present to the public those people of prominence, the trendsetters and rule breakers to keep your eyes on as they climb the social ladder.

One such resident, is a young man, only recently pulled from the shadow world. Before the War an up and coming performer, Xen Bearthheart whose name was whispered as having a great deal of potential in his craft.The record of his disappearance were lost in the sea of casualties and the exact reason of his disappearance had been unclear, Many thought it was the house, known as Henken manor for its ability change over time with the people that live there, as well as transform those very same tenants the longer they stay. From my research the house has been favored by artist and makers. People who want to grow and evolve craving the next step in their craft. Where a young performer like Xen got the deed is unclear given the nature of documentation after the war.

However, time is not only cruel to paperwork it seems while the shadow kept his actual body from aging it did not stop the steady march of the entertainment districts, which has a shockingly short memory when it comes to lost talent. Included is an Artist rendering of the day I met him:

Xen had this to say when I approached him outside his home, "I hope to take my time, rediscover myself, my city and when the time comes I promise I'll make a return to performing like no one has ever seen. This is only the end of my prologue, my real story starts now!"

"I've brought with me a number of new experiences from the shadow that I can use to create a new performance. As soon as I get comfortable in my own skin again I plan to begin reaching out to old contacts. Working up from nothing is always hard but I think I am up to the challenge and will be better for it,"

"I hope you make it to one of the shows once I start making a name for myself again."

I will say his enthusiasm was infectious, but the reporter in me did have to wonder how he would adapt to his old world, especially after what he made sound like comparatively a long time away. How will his time in the shadow affect his performance? How much of that confidence was just a mask for the sake of recognition? I suppose these and other personal questions are things only he himself can answer. But I for one am more than willing to watch in the wings on this one folks because like they say if you are not suffering for your aren't then you are not really living for it. So get your tickets and find your seats in the audience this is going to be one wild ride.