Episode 1 [All] - Reach for the Sky

Started by pringerbeam, October 26, 2018, 05:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

"Fair enough." she said, slugging down the rest of the beverage and tossing the cup in the nearest recycler. "Ready to be done with tonight."

pringerbeam

After a little under half an hour, Joe's van arrives outside the StufferShack and one uneventful ride later you find yourselves once again at the DMZ.  Business is still lively at the bar but noticeably less so than when you were last there a few hours ago.  The main room is no longer standing-room-only and the bartender is looking more relaxed and less overworked.  Steve is back in the same room as before and greets your return.  The Johnson is nowhere to be found.  "Hey!  I heard from the hand-off team that you guys made it to the drop in one piece!  Congratulations all around so cheers!"  He raises a highball glass and takes a drink of whatever neon pink cocktail he ordered.  He then motions with the glass for everyone to sit.  "First things first, paychecks." He pulls out a plastic bag labeled "Team A" and dumps out the certified credsticks inside.  He then divides up the sticks into three piles and pushes them to the edge of the table, one in front of each of you.  Zephyr's is noticeably smaller than the other two piles.

[info]Joe and Valkyrie get 12500 nuyen

Zephyr gets 3500 nuyen[/info]

Asta

Valkyrie, scooped the credsticks into one hand and deposited them in her bag. Seeing that now the job is truly complete, she also took off her mask completely for the first time in hours and stuffed it in the backpack as well. "Done n' done." she said, closing the zipper and leaving the bag between her feet where it could be grabbed in a hurry if she needed to bug out.

Mysticsage

"I did agree to cover anything you lost. Though I did not figure this much of a lose," Zephyr smiled understandably. "Unless this is the Johnson voicing their opinion if me."

He'll pocket the pay doing some mental math. "you said first things first? I assume that means you have more for us?"
Zephyr takes a seat and crosses his legs waiting to see where the conversation goes.

pringerbeam

"I had to pull some top talent to get back in the Johnson's favor.  Guys that take a bit more base pay to get them interested.  Then had to make up the pay differences.  I told the Johnson that I could get him some good new talent at half the price so when the budget changed it had to come from somewhere and thus went my fee and most of yours.  This was a big op.  They wanted 5 teams for different jobs."  He took another sip of his drink. "As for additional work, the only thing left is to get that comlink.  The Johnson wants it back, was supposed to get it from you first but hey, what's going to happen in the next 5 seconds to lose it?"  He leans back and opens his hands in a catching gesture.  "You uh...  Do have the comlink still right?"

Oath

Jing grabbed his pile and raked it on over. "Yeah, I've got the comm on me still, Here ya go, chummer. Jing procured the comm link and hands it over to the Johnson.

pringerbeam

Steve takes the comlink.  "Sweet, and now the job is done.  Nothing left for you guys to do but go and enjoy your hard earned yen.  I've got to stick around and pay the other teams.  Cheers!"  He says as he raises his glass and takes another sip.  "I'll be keeping an eye out for some more serious jobs for you guys in the future.  Getting this job done is gonna put you guys on the map as legit runners and not a bunch of errand boys, so get ready for the big leagues!  I'll let you guys know when I get something."  He settles back into his chair and pulls out his comlink. 

[info]The mission is complete.  If there is anything you want to do for post-mission stuff, feel free to post it here.  Alternatively, you can post it in the Free RP/Small Jobs subforum (Tales from the End of the Bar).  Downtime activities (Training, purchases, etc) will be handled in Days Gone By.

Joe and Valkyrie gain 5 karma

Zephyr gains 6 karma

Everyone gains public awareness 1[/info]