Episode 1 [All] - Reach for the Sky

Started by pringerbeam, October 26, 2018, 05:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

"That bad huh?  I heard that Steve somehow convinced the Johnson to let a bunch of noobs take point but it looks like you're all alive so it must not have been that bad.  Not that I care, he upped our fees by 50% to get us on board short notice just to sit around so its shots all around when we're finished."  Said the orc as he watched the cargo container get lifted from the boat.  "Any idea what's in there?  Rules are no peeking but that doesn't mean no guessing either."

Oath

"Overall it wasn't too bad, any time you have a run in with the corps and don't die, i'd say its good. As for the box, I have no idea. I tried to figure out what it might be. My best guess is some sort of prototype, but when you're trying to make a name for yourself you just nod, smile, and follow directions so I didn't dig into it too much," Jing had a tired, but oddly warm smile behind his mask while dealing with the orc. "I think we could all use a drink after this." He motioned to his companions while he spoke.

pringerbeam

"I want to say it's something crazy, like a bioweapon, you know like something that eats you face, but it's probably something boring like a new microwave or some shit.  It's never something cool"  The container was now being lowered down onto the trailer.  "Well, whatever it is, the Johnson wants it."  He heads over to the trailer and helps guide the container on.  Once the container settles onto the trailer, the orc whistles over to the control room and the dwarf makes the return journey across the warehouse floor.  "Right well, deuces."  He says as he jumps into the cab of the truck, hanging out the side he yells to his comrade still on their way.  "Come on let's go!  Burning moonlight here Slider!"  To which his comrade replies with "Fuck off Punk, there's plenty of time before the guard gets free if at all."  The dwarf takes his time walking, perhaps even slowing down from your estimates.

Mysticsage

"Well, shall we make our leave as well?" Zephyr said with a smile "Oh, and I suppose we should all trade numbers while we are at." Zephyr still wearing his trademark smile nods for them to make there exit hoping to catch a ride with them. He smiled back at the boat glad that he had managed to finish his work down in the hold of the boat without drawing too much attention. There were benefits to being left alone to work with the hose. "I think this is the birth of quite the team."

[info]As the camera zooms down to the hold where Zephyr had been left alone there is a painting scrawled across the wall specially for Ares. using the hose as cover he quickly finishes his work.[/info]

Asta

"How far are we from the van? Job's not over until you get paid so keep an eye out for trouble." Valkyrie said, voice still processed by her mask. Presumably they were in the clear, but Jing's van was still over in troll town and she wasn't sure exactly how far up river they'd come on the boat. "Short guy said there's a guard tied up around here or something, but we probably got a hot second to check the other containers for loot. If you wanna." It made no difference to her.

Oath

"I've already got some pay data so i'd rather get out of here before drawing some more unwanted attention. Zephyr should have our contact info already from our earlier exchanges, so I'm game to bounce out into the night and get back into troll town. Might take a bit though, we did go down river for a while. I'd rather just ditch the boat or send it out to sea and go."

Asta

"Let's roll then, we going as a group or what?"

Before leaving, she took the time to reload her SMG and then fold it back down and stow it in her leg.

Oath

Jing called out to Zephyr "Yo we are gonna head out. You coming or not?" it had been a long night and Jing wanted to collected his buyer, have a drink and get a good night of sleep

Mysticsage

"Please lead the way, my good man." Zephyr smiled accepting the offer from Joe without a second thought. He did not want to show that the ghost had done a number on his spirit even if it did not show physically and was looking to be done with this mess and fade into the night before fate decided to throw more at them.

Oath

"Unfortunate that we got to take a trip to get the van, but shouldn't be too bad. Maybe we can catch a bus."

Oath

Jing rubbed the top of his head. "Jeeze, what a tough crowd. It's a joke. The van's on its way but we probably want to make ourselves scarce and get out of here before that guard comes to. Probably a Stuffer Shack that we can hang out in for a bit until our ride arrives."

pringerbeam

You're able to find a StufferShack about 6 blocks away.  While it looks like it might be staffed in more normal working hours, right now it is an automated vending plaza with only a few of the stocks depleted.  Nothing but your three, the flickering lighting, and the hum of the vending machine heating/cooling units.

[info]Free RP period, let me know when you're ready to move on[/info]

Asta

Valkyrie stalked around the StufferShack until she found a machine that dispensed cheap, shitty, soy based coffee analogue and spent some nuyen on a cup. After watching the machine hiss and spit as it dispensed lukewarm soykaf she gathered her drink and walked back to Jing and Zephyr. She slipped her mask up her face just enough to expose her mouth and took a sip.

"So, everyone on the boat was dead. Where'd that spirit come from you think?"

Mysticsage

"probably a corporate mage back at the base. Spirits can be sent out to do tasking across the globe so long as it takes them less than a day to do it. Luckily they would not be able to know who killed it or wear until after the fact assuming there was not some weird magic going on. A number of people treat spirits as servants. I think their ignorance leaves them open to a lot of issues. When dealing with spirits at least consider their station when ordering them around." Zephyr mused while eating a steaming hot taco.

Oath

Jing got some noodles. "To a lot of people, magic is another form of tech, to me it's all about different means to reach the same goal. Gotta be careful how you use your tools though. If I push it wrong, my deck can betray me just as easily as a spirit. He talked between bites of soggy soy. "Car should be here pretty soon, we should try to wrap up.