[Lyolf] Challenge Ladder

Started by Throndir, May 28, 2016, 10:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

[info]
Forgot the Concentration check to cast defensively.

Here it is: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 13 + 11, total 24[/blockquote]
[/info]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

The finale had the crowd cheering. The extra dazzle of display was enough to get the audience on their feet cheering for Lyolf. Soon after the spectacle, the creature was whisked away.

[info]Let me know if you want to go to next round, and also state all your preparations that might be different than what your character sheet marks as default. Eg, abilities for use, healing potions bought, spells prepared and available, manuevers readied and available, etc. Spells or abilities that have at least a 1+ hour duration can be pre-cast. Feel free to use consumables in this downtime phase of an hour. Please verify the status log below before we start.

Lyolf earns: 371 exp, and 0 gold[/info]

QuoteLog
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes
[spoiler]Player: Indifferent[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 0,
Enemy: 0[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used
[spoiler]Player: 2 Arcane points[/spoiler]

Refreshes Remaining: 6

Lance

[info]If pre-cast spells allow for Lyolf's 50 min duration buffs, then he'll have them ready. Otherwise, he'll just fight as-is.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Only 1 hour+ duration buffs.[/info]

An hour later as the arena was cleared up and you ushered back in, on the other side of the arena was a large creature of some sort. From your point of view, it looked like some sort of pile of flesh and blubber. It looked rotting, though you couldn't quite decide if it was undead or not. The most prominent feature of this rotting blob of flesh was a large and gaping maw filled with sharp teeth. There was a much larger crowd than even last match, and though it wasn't quite as full as during the time the Tournaments ran, it was getting there.

[info]Roll perform and initiative![/info]

Lance

[spoiler=Rolls]
Perform (Weapon Drill): [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 11 + 4, total 15[/blockquote]
Initiative: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 4 + 6, total 10[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteLog
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status

Daily Resources Used

Player to take their turn.

Lance

"STEREOTYPE!" Lyolf exclaimed cheerily at his new opponent, excitement building in his eyes. "I haven't seen you since hours ago!"

[spoiler=Actions]
Lyolf
Moves within 1st range increment of longbow (if necessary) and fires
Uli
Flies skyward 20 ft and forward 60, then takes a readied action to use Shadowfeather Strike if the opponent enters range
[/spoiler]

Lance

Quote from: Lyolf
[error]
Attack  [+2 Obsidian Reflection, +3 Accursed Will]: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+15 : 5 + 15, total 20[/blockquote]
Damage (Weapon)  [+2 Obsidian Reflection]: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+2 : 8 + 2, total 10[/blockquote]
[/error]

Quote from: Uli
[error]
Attack vs Touch (Shadowfeather Strike) [+1 Dark Focus +1 Higher Ground]: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 14 + 9, total 23[/blockquote]
Damage (Shadoefeather Strike): [blockquote]Rolled 4d6+5 : 3, 2, 1, 5 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]
[/error]

Throndir

[info]Flying upwards has a cost of twice the movement. So Uli ends up moving 40 ft. forward rather than 60.[/info]

Your arrow struck true, yet the projectile seemed to just sink into its body.

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 starts
Lyolf moves up 15 ft. Enemy is 95 ft. away. And fires an arrow, hits and deals 0 damage.
Uli flies up 20 ft. and forward 40 ft. readies an action. Enemy is 70 ft. away from Uli.
Enemy moves closer. Ending 40. ft away from Uli, and 65 ft. away from Lyolf.
Round 1 ends, round 2 begins
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status

Daily Resources Used

Lance

"Huh, I should've known the stereotype'd be immune to her own weapons," Lyolf mused to both himself and his bird. "So let's try something a little more..."

[spoiler=Unique   ]
Uli
Flies forward in such a way that it ends up being 30 ft above the opponent, where it would then initiate Shadowfeather Strike.
Lyolf
Moves backwards, then refreshes Shadowfeather Strike as a standard action and attempts to stealth in generated gloom.
[/spoiler]

Lance

Quote from: Lyolf
[warning]
Stealth: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+22 : 13 + 22, total 35[/blockquote]
[/warning]

Quote from: Uli
[error]
Attack vs Touch (Shadowfeather Strike) [+1 Dark Focus +1 Higher Ground] This time with the proper base modifier: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 2 + 11, total 13[/blockquote]
Damage (Shadowfeather Strike): [blockquote]Rolled 4d6+5 : 5, 1, 1, 4 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]
[/error]

Throndir

As Uli came closer to the beast, a sudden stench caught it off guard. It was enough that Uli's attack missed completely.

[info]Uli to roll fortitude

Lyolf to confirm on initiative order. By RAW, familiars + animal companions roll initiative, but for easier book-keeping, having them act on your turn is easier, I accept both ways. Your first post Lyolf moved first, so I assume Uli is next in line, eg:

Lyolf -> Uli -> Enemy

You can do a Readied action to ready a standard action (not full round), so that is an option. There might be some rule about purposefully losing initiative, but I can't find it. Given the above initiative order, Lyolf would have nothing to recover, as Uli wouldn't have used Shadow Feather Strike yet.[/info]

Lance

[info]Actually, the Ravenlord's pet is a special case. Under the ability entry which grants the shadowy bird companion (whose name eludes me at the moment), the text very specifically states that the bird takes its turn when the Ravenlord does so. Therefore, Lyolf did have something to recover, as Uli had already acted. Either way...

Uli's Fort: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 16 + 7, total 23[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Uli was able to recover as it continued to fly over head. The large maw creature continued to rush towards you as it picked up its speed. As it neared you smelled something horrible...

[info]Lyolf to roll fort.

Lyolf to confirm on movement Since Uli moves first, the gloom is generated where Lyolf is currently standing. You mention you plan to stealth again, so I assume you are doing a 10 ft. movement back, to still be within the gloom's effects.[/info]

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 starts
Lyolf moves up 15 ft. Enemy is 95 ft. away. And fires an arrow, hits and deals 0 damage.
Uli flies up 20 ft. and forward 40 ft. readies an action. Enemy is 70 ft. away from Uli.
Enemy moves closer. Ending 40. ft away from Uli, and 65 ft. away from Lyolf.
Round 1 ends, round 2 begins
Uli attacks and misses. Saves against stench. Lyolf generates a 10 ft. radius gloom at current spot.
Lyolf moves back 10 ft. and recovers Shadowfeather Strike. Enemy is 75 ft. away.
Enemy runs up to Lyolf moving 60 ft. Enemy is 15 ft. away.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status

Daily Resources Used

Lance

[info]
Movement confirmed

Lyolf's Fort: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+13 : 10 + 13, total 23[/blockquote]
Activating Overcome Circumstance (1 Arcane point) if failed.
Overcome Circumstance: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+13 : 6 + 13, total 19[/blockquote]

[spoiler=Overcome Circumstance]
Benefit: The magus can expend 1 or more point from her arcane pool as a free action to shrug off detrimental effects. She can immediately attempt a second saving throw to shrug off one unwanted condition even if she fails this save she ignores one debilitating conditions per point expended that she is currently under the effect of for 1 round per magus class level, that time counts as part of each condition's duration. Once this benefit lapses, the remaining conditions return for the remainder of their durations. She cannot delay or shrug off the dead condition.
[/spoiler]
[/info]