[Jin] Challenge Ladder

Started by Throndir, May 28, 2016, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

[error]
Attack [-3 Martial Power, +2 Encouraging Roar, +3 Incarnate Avatar]: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+13 : 17 + 13, total 30[/blockquote]
Damage (Weapon) [+2 Encouraging Roar]: [blockquote]Rolled 1d6+8 : 3 + 8, total 11[/blockquote]
Damage (Flaming Enchant): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
Damage (Elemental Assault: Fire): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
Damage (Lightning Gauntlets): [blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 5, 2, 5, total 12[/blockquote]
Damage/Heal (Silver Knight's Blade): [blockquote]Rolled 4d6 : 1, 4, 3, 5, total 13[/blockquote]

Temporary HP (Martial Power): +9 (till start of next turn)
[/error]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

As you get closer to the creature, you smell a terrible odor. It was sickening to the stomach, and you keenly can smell the rotting flesh and gas that came out of the creature.

[info]Jin to roll fortitude.[/info]

Lance

"I knew it," Jin immediately commented. "I've encountered that stench before..."

"You really are Dorf!"

[okay]Fortitude: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 13 + 14, total 27[/blockquote][/okay]

Throndir

The stench was horrible. But indeed as the smell wafted into your nostrils.

It was palatable.

You closed the distance, and you unleashed your weapon on it. Your blade cut through its flesh, and though the fire seared it, you noticed that the lightning from your gauntlets didn't seem to do much. Being so close to the creature, it's large maw struck out, clamping against your hard armor. You felt it squeeze hard on you, and you felt the damage keenly. But it wasn't that which gave you pause, it was the unbelievable stench that could only come from its mouth.

[info]Jin to roll fortitude.[/info]

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins
Jin moves 60 ft.  Enemy is 50 ft. away. (Enemy is large, so technically 5 ft. closer, since it takes up 10 ft.).
Enemy moves 20 ft. Enemy is 30 ft. away.
Round 1 ends, round 2 begins.
Player attacks and deals 31 damage.
Enemy attacks, and hits dealing 12 damage. Enemy uses Grab as a free action, succeeds and deals 21 damage with constrict.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes
[spoiler]Player: Indifferent[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 33, grappled
Enemy: 31, grappled (initiated)[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used
[spoiler]Player: [/spoiler]

Refreshes Remaining: 6

Player to move

Lance

[error]
Against Enemy Attack
Damage (Flame Mantle): [blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 4, 4, 1, 5, 1, total 15[/blockquote]
Against Constrict Attack
Damage (Flame Mantle): [blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 4, 3, 4, 6, 6, total 23[/blockquote]
[/error]

[info]Is it dead now?[/info]

Lance

[info]Jin's Fort: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 4 + 14, total 18[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Going to rule that since Constrict is added on to the attack, the mantle of flame only triggers once.

Also check Jin's sheet, remove one of your traits for Unorthodox Method, to get Silver Crane, as Defenders of the Realm does not do that.[/info]

Lance

[info]Martial traditions are intended to be used as templates, as should be clearly stated in the page that introduces them. Empyreal Guardians can grant Scarlet Throne, Empylol Guardians can grant Primal Fury, and Emperor Gundams can grant Thrashing Dragon. Point is, the martial traditions are flexible ideas designed to mold itself differently in every table. And if it still bothers you to slightly change the presets in this way, then just change Jin's "Defenders of the Realm" to a new custom tradition called "Defenders of the Galaxy."[/info]

Throndir

[info]That was already a suggestion in the comments, post the details for the custom tradition under Custom Content. Also mention which specific entity, lord or nation, that is Jin's oath if you're still going with something similar to Defenders of the Realm. If you're not doing Defenders of the Realm for your oath, and making a custom one, specify the details of it and how it can be broken, etc.[/info]

Lance

[info]Assuming it isn't already dead, Jin attacks. Also, subtract 9 from Jin's 33 damage taken, from his martial power ability (there should have been a note about that on the very bottom of his roll as a reminder. In any case, he'll be doing the same this round too[/info]

Lance

[error]
Attack [-3 Martial Power, +2 Encouraging Roar, +3 Incarnate Avatar]: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+13 : 18 + 13, total 31[/blockquote]
Damage (Weapon) [+2 Encouraging Roar]: [blockquote]Rolled 1d6+8 : 5 + 8, total 13[/blockquote]
Damage (Flaming Enchant): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Damage (Elemental Assault: Fire): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Damage (Lightning Gauntlets): [blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 5, 4, 4, total 13[/blockquote]

[/error]

Lance

[info]Remove the encouraging roar bonus when calculating the damage dealt; I forgot to remove it for this attack.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Forgot the creature had electricity resistance, retconning that. It'll affect your damage in round 2 to be 20. Also updated status below to include Martial Power Temp HP reduction.[/info]

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins
Jin moves 60 ft.  Enemy is 50 ft. away. (Enemy is large, so technically 5 ft. closer, since it takes up 10 ft.).
Enemy moves 20 ft. Enemy is 30 ft. away.
Round 1 ends, round 2 begins.
Player attacks and deals 20 damage.
Enemy attacks, and hits dealing 3 damage (9 absorbed by martial power). Enemy uses Grab as a free action, succeeds and deals 21 damage with constrict. Flame Mantle does 15 damage. Jin succeeds fort check.
Round 2 ends, round 3 begins
Player attacks and deals 5 damage.
Enemy maintains grapple, constrict damage deals 7 (9 absorbed by martial power) damage. Damage action used for grapple and deals 15 damage.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes
[spoiler]Player: Indifferent[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 46, grappled
Enemy: 40, grappled (initiated)[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used
[spoiler]Player: [/spoiler]

Refreshes Remaining: 6

Player to move

Lance

[error]Flame Mantle: [blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 5, 2, 1, 3, 4, total 15[/blockquote][/error]

Lance

[error]
Attack [-3 Martial Power, +3 Incarnate Avatar]: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 15 + 11, total 26[/blockquote]
Damage (Weapon): [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 18 + 11, total 29[/blockquote]
Damage (Flaming Enchant): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
Damage (Elemental Assault: Fire): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
Damage (Lightning Gauntlets): [blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 6, 1, 3, total 10[/blockquote]

[/error]