[LH] Our New Home?

Started by Linwelin, November 10, 2014, 09:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Xen focused his attention to the two slimes in the back with this enclosed space his snowman might fair extremely well. Attempting to pull forth the power he had felt before he attempts to make an attack.Feeling that icy sensation coursing through his veins he felt the energy leave his body hopefully to some result

Summon Snowman!

Kaiser Beam
[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 6, 2 + 1, total 9[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Second enemy takes 5 damage[/spoiler]

Throndir

Aria Blanchette
as Sir Hemsworth

"Not again." Aria sighed. She picked up her weapon again, and this time took better care of using her specific skills. 'Anchor Howl', it sounded decent.

"Bugger off you slimey things!" Aria said as she stared at the 'Anchor Howl' skill. She clicked on it.

[spoiler] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6+3 : 6, 5 + 3, total 14
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 7, total 7[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kuwan
Knowing that Hemsworth would be the focus once more, Kuwan stands down until after the fight has begun. As a healer, his job was making sure no one died. Instead, he waits until after combat starts and fires a magic blast at one of the slimes Xenos had blasted.

[spoiler] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Attack:  2d6+3 : 5, 1 + 3, total 9
Damage:  1d6 : 6, total 6[/spoiler]

Hemsworth
At the activation of your skill, your shout ends up echoing and reverberating through the tunnel. The slimes seem to focus exclusively on you, jumping into action. You see that a status has appeared on your enemies, and a corresponding buff has appeared on yourself. 'Taunt' and 'Cancel: 1' respectively. The slimes rush past the group to aim directly for you in retaliation.

[info]Taunt: For the entire round, negates any attacks on allies nearby by redirecting them to yourself.

Cancel: Negates an amount of damage per enemy striking you for the round. (In this case, it canceled the group damage bonus)

As you were top for threat, you would have also healed 5HP. But HP was full.

You deal 7 damage to a slime.[/info]

[error]Hemsworth takes 3 Damage.[/error]

QuoteSo, I know you rolled a 14, and thus should not take damage. But I'm ruling that having Hate Top (highest threat) negates 10+ rolls for damage.

Also, as this ability seems OP to spam, I'm going to introduce a 3 round cooldown.

Xenos

Your snowman hits its mark, blasting the two smiles that were began running past you toward Hemsworth. You then see a blast from Kuwan broadside the one you focused, which causes it to lose form, splattering on the floor beneath it.

[spoiler]Damage Taken
Hemmingsworth: 23/26
Lars: 0
Xenos: 0
Kuwan: 0
Rico: 0

Slime 1: 7
Slime 2: 0
Slime 3: 0
Slime 4: DEAD
Slime 5: 5

Hate
Hemsworth: 2

Status
[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Legato

Legato had been exploring, getting used to this world and his new body. He hears a booming shout. It must be Anchor Howl, a battle is going on near by. He wasn't a pro by any means but he had been around Elder Tale for a while before moving servers to play with a co-worker. Then.. It happened, he was stuck in the world. He rushed towards the sound, hoping to help whoever he found.

He made it to the mouth of the cave,. A party of adventurers, under attack by slimes. He drew his lute and began to play. His fingers gracefully stroking the strings, as the sound of music bounced and echoed off of the cave's walls. A smooth voice left his mouth. "May the Etude of the Swift Blade guide your blows." His voice was soft, but carried down into the cave.

[info] Etude of the Swift Blade: Legato gains 1 hate each clean up phase, allies gain +1 to hit checks.[/info]

Mysticsage

Xenos smiles at the affect of his snowman on those slimes, "It seems as if your hell has frozen over." he chuckled as he continued to attempt to will his construct of a snowman into attacking more of these monsters. They would be the ones to face his chilly embrace and see just how cold winter cold be. His ally seemed to feel the same way he did as the snowman twirled in place like the cannon of a turret to face a new enemy and the one he had gazed before. With a smirk from Xen the snowman fired bobbing back almost toppling over as it did so and waved its arms in little circles to maintain balance/

It was then that he heard a tune carry its way down the cave allowing him to more easily focus his mind. He felt like a weight had been lifted making the attack that much easier. Turning to look towards the entrance he saw someone new join the fray.

Kaizer Beam
[spoiler]
to hit
Rolled 2d6+2 : 6, 5 + 2, total 13
Rolled 1d6+5 : 2 + 5, total 7

5 additional damage on non wounded[/spoiler]

Throndir

Aria Blanchette
as Sir Hemsworth

"No, no, no!" Aria yelled frantically as the slimey creatures attacked her all at once. She felt their attacks hit, and to her surprise, it actually hurt. Just a tad bit.

Okay Thor! Don't let those... snot monsters touch you!

Getting back into the action, and pulling her hammer to her, he begun to swing wildy again at the monsters.

"Die you rubbish snot balls!"

Quote This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6+3 : 5, 1 + 3, total 9
Rolled 1d10 : 4, total 4

Mumble Dragon

QuoteHit rolls for the 3 slimes
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 2, 1 + 2, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 2, 6 + 2, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 3, 4 + 2, total 9[/blockquote]

Lars spun his attention to the three slimes in front of them. Frosty could cover the rear, allowing Lars to attempt to finish this in one fell swoop. Fishing through his ability list real quick, he double checked if that one ability was still around. Much to his joyful surprise, there it was, mindlessly sitting among the few skills he currently possessed.

Prepping the skill, he lanced out his swords and spun into an action pose. He wondered if this would be too flashy.

One foot after the other, he charged his way down the narrow space and brushed his way past Hemsworth, slipping past the swinging hammer. Skill set, the three slimes before Lars were marked as targets. "Party time," he whispered to himself. His blade moved effortlessly through the air, seeking out their targets like they had a mind of their own. With spinning grace, he moved past the slimes, striking each of his unsuspecting targets and flipped after his last strike, landing with a crouch, his back to the slimes. "I was never one much for surprises," he idly spoke.

Skill executed,
End of Act!
3 slimes...dead....

Linwelin

Hmm, no one is in need of much healing right now, I guess I'll strike the injured one. Kuwan thinks to himself, once again charging his staff and flinging a bolt of energy at the nearly-frozen slime. We were outnumbered, but with this setup, it's become an easy encounter. But...who's playing that music? A bard?

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Attack:  2d6+3 : 5, 2 + 3, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler]So I was out while chatting with you Mumble, and mis-remembered the End of Act skill. It's only one attack. Because this mistake is on me, I'll make it so it's an auto hit this time. Whoops.[/spoiler]

With the spare assistance from a nearby bard, and Lar's sudden dancing across the battlefield, the fight was nearly complete. Xenos' snowman once again tore through the slime he'd injured last, leaving it unstable, but still intact. The energy then surged past, hitting the slime in front of Hemsworth, which combined with Hemsworth second hit, finished it off with a 'splat'. Lars then lunged forward at the last two remaining in front of them, stylishly dancing past and striking from behind with both his blades. Though seemingly non-effective due to lack of force, the blades seemed to draw the slime apart, ending it in one blow. Kuwan then threw a decisive bolt of energy at the slime before Hemsworth, causing it to collapse to the ground. The slimes, in the mean time, gathered around Hemsworth, but he manages to dodge and defend himself from harm.

And so, two slimes remained.

[spoiler]Actions
A Combination of Hemsworth's hit, Kuwan's blast and Xenos' secondary damage kills Slime 1
Lars dashes in and one-shots Slime 2
Slime 5 takes 7 damage.

Two slimes remain, one in front untouched, and one in back wounded. Both are flanking Hemsworth.

Damage Taken
Rico: 0

Slime 1: DEAD
Slime 2: DEAD
Slime 3: 0
Slime 5: 12

Hate
Lars: 1
Legato: 1

Status
2 rounds until Anchor howl can be reused.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

Legato

The Bard examined the scene a bit more closely, as those around him sprung into action. A summoner, A Guardian, A Druid, and a Swashbuckler. A pretty solid party. He continued to play his Etude, and approached the slime that was closest to him. Legato swung his staff, hoping to strike true and provide some assistance to his fellow adventurers.

[spoiler=rolls]
[Info]Still playing Etude of the Swift Blade, +1 to hit, +1 to hate for Legato each turn.
Legato is swinging at whatever slime is closest to the entrance.[/info]

Swinging my Staff. [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 4, 3 + 2, total 9[/blockquote]
Damage, if Hit - [blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

Sorry if my numbers are off, since I am a noob![/spoiler]

Throndir

Aria Blanchette
as Sir Hemsworth

As she swung her hammer over and over, Aria's adrenaline was running high. It was exhilarating, and her movements felt so fluid. Her weariness and hunger from earlier were still around, but she had stopped thinking about them, and indeed watching the slimey snot-buggers fly from her heavy blows was extremely satisfying.

She started giggling.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+3 : 4, 3 + 3, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

Xen saw his final opportunity to use his new turret. The Snowman seemed to respond to his orders just as quickly as he moved and shifted to  face the remaining foes. This was his last chance before the encounter was over and then have to go back to town.

Beam
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 2, 5 + 2, total 9[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+5 : 6 + 5, total 11[/blockquote]

5 damage to a second opponent

Linwelin

Kuwan continues to stand on the backlines, throwing out another bolt of energy from his staff. Low level healing feels just as useless in person as it does from the normal game. He remarks to himself mentally. The bolt sails through the air to strike the slime blocking their exit.

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack:  2d6+3 : 6, 5 + 3, total 14[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[spoiler]Rule: I know it's like I'm winging it, but I'm trying to balance this as we go. In Dungeon World, 7-9 means the player is hit while attacking, and a 6 or less would mean they miss and are hit. As Hate is a thing in combat for this, I'm instead making it that your poor rolls generate extra hate. 7-9 = +1 Hate, 6 or less = +2 Hate.[/spoiler]

The fight was wrapping up now, and the tables had certainly turned in the minute of the combat's duration. The slime in the back flash-frozen and shattered by Xenos' beam attack, with a secondary wave of energy crashing into the last remaining slime. At the same time, the newcomer bard ran up and slashed with his sword. Unfortunately, the strike was a little reckless, and he ended up pulling aggro, leading the slime to lash back, clubbing him in the gut with a section of its body. Before more was done, Hemsworth and Kuwan both attacked, splattering the slime across the floor.

Hemsworth
[info]Victory!
Earned
5 Gold[/info]

Legato
[info]Victory!
Earned
5 Gold[/info]

Xenos
[info]Victory!
Earned
3 Gold
Filthy Mucus [Grey][/info]

Kuwan
[info]Victory!
Earned
3 Gold
Filthy Mucus [Grey}[/info]

Lars
[info]Victory!
Earned
3 Gold
Filthy Mucus [Grey][/info]

[spoiler]Actions
Xenos destroys the back slime, then deals 5 damage to the remaining Slime 2.
Legato deals 2 damage, but takes 3 himself.
Hemsworth and Kuwan execute Slime 2 before the bard can take another hit.

Damage Taken
Legato: 18/21

Slime 1: DEAD
Slime 2: DEAD
Slime 3: DEAD
Slime 5: DEAD

Hate
Lars: 1
Legato: 3
Xenos: 1

Status
1 rounds until Anchor howl can be reused.[/spoiler]

QuoteSheets were updated.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

Legato

The bard saw the popup of earning 5 gold as he approached the fellow adventurers. This group seems interesting, he thought to himself before speaking. He bowed to the group. "Well met, adventurers. You can call me Legato. I was exploring and trying to get used to.. well this. When I heard the sounds of combat and thought I would see what was going on. And well, now I'm here. Hopefully the music helped." He tried his best to be courteous unsure of how the others would react to his sudden presence. He gave them a friendly smile as he sheathed his sword. "Though perhaps it may be better to talk outside?" He took a few steps towards the entrance of the cave, looking back to see what the others were doing.