How did you come to be part of FWC?

Started by Kain, February 03, 2014, 11:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

Fantasy World Creations has been around for a loooooong time. Since I was in high school (possibly even grade school) in fact! There are some people here who I don't really know, and people who I used to know and wish I hadn't accidentally left by the wayside. Long story short, I want to know how you got here!

I'll start . . .

The memories are a bit fuzzy, but back in the old days I made a forum for my friends called the Cleric's Court. It had a few members, some people I knew from meatspace and a couple from Runescape (Hello Linus and Lion!). I made way too many child boards, it looked kinda ugly, but I loved it. At some point I merged forums with Mr. Throndir's FWC (if I recall correctly) and that led the way to here.

So how did you join up/know everyone?

I write, I draw, and I turn into an eagle during sex.
Also I play Swift and Vanil.

Throndir

The old FWC was hosted by invisionfree, I really only made it to have a place to post about my project. Eventually we had an idea of merging the forums together, and I remember Kain actually went ahead and started creating a lot of new subforums. Which tbh I also agree looked really messy. XD

But really shortly after that I suggested we get a domain name, and I ha already been planning to get one for FWC, and thus fantasyworldcreations.com was born, lol.

These days we still cycle from activity to inactivity like how it was in the old days. It's still basically the same, but with new faces.

Wolfrin Fenris

Rawr! Hello to you too Kain. My name is Wolfrin Fenris, my real name is Lionel, hence, Lion. I came to Kain's forum a sometimes depressed fifteen year old with a grudge against the world. I'm proud to say I've matured. Now I'm a sometimes depressed twenty-two year old with a grudge against the world. :D.

Anywho, Kain invited me to his forums just about the time they were merging I do believe, and so I think I have an 'old face.' That makes me cool right? ^.^

Fyi, the name Wolfrin Fenris actually comes from the first character I created for forum roleplays with Kain and others and I liked it so much it developed into my alter ego. Kain also made some badass pictures for my char back in the day XD.
BEEP

Throndir

That picture really should be re-drawn. I remember Kain posting on Facebook about a drawing something each day thing. I so petition for an updated drawing of Wolfrin. Compare before and after and I bet it'll be epic.

Wolfrin Fenris

BEEP

Kain

I was actually thinking of doing that myself. I'll post it up if I do one.

I write, I draw, and I turn into an eagle during sex.
Also I play Swift and Vanil.

Wolfrin Fenris

If you do,  try to do it based on wolfrin2.0? Lol.  White hair is really the only difference lol.
BEEP

Emperor Wilbers

Perhaps it was... 2 years ago?? I can't remember tbh. I'd have to check my account info, but I've been on and off concerning activity, so I don't know everyone, unfortunately, but I do enjoy revisiting this place every once in a while :)