Dancing Sunflowers

Started by Ella, April 12, 2012, 06:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ella

Dancing Sunflowers
by Ella

I see beautiful sunflowers dancing in the wind. The tallest one dancing like a ballerina.

I feel like a miniature person when I stand next to them.

They are like suns dancing around the garden.

They remind me of giants dancing again and again, but at nightfall they stand still, as the moon comes to life.

A little history on Dancing Sunflowers:
I was in fifth grade (2001-2002) when I wrote my first poem. Our teacher wanted us to write poems on sunflowers, and then we had to draw a chalk picture on half a sheet of black paper of a sunflower and write the words on the other half. I dunno what happened to that project, but I'm glad I still have the poem.

Over the next summer, I submitted Dancing Sunflowers to a poetry site called Poetry.com, which asked if I would like to have my poem published in a poetry book they were working on. I agreed, and my poem was published in their poetry book "Loveliness Unfurled", of which I have a copy of. (Although I'm supposed to have two copies, because Mum ordered two and they cheated us and only sent one. Tried getting in contact with them about that, and they totally ignored my messages. The site is under new command now, but I doubt I'll trust them again.)

While I was really proud of the poem back then, I dunno how I feel about it now. I dun really care about receiving ratings/criticism on it, since its a really old poem, but since its in a book, and various websites, I figure I might as well post it here, too. You never know, maybe someone has seen it before in some other place I might have shared it.

Copyright ? 2012 Danielle C. Gates (aka Eleanora Hoshi)

Kazamatta

Tha'ts pretty good for how young you were at the time is that the full poem or just a piece? If it's not the full poem i would like to read it all.

Throndir

I wonder if they're still selling that book. :o

Ella

Its the full piece. I never thought to add more on to it. XD

I doubt it, I believe it was a limited amount printed... Which might be why they only sent us one. Still. They gave us the option to order two, so we did. I wouldn't buy one from them even if they were still for sale, cause they cheated me and never sent my second purchase.