[The Pit] Entering

Started by Throndir, November 19, 2013, 09:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteGroup me with Mysticsage, TheBigJon, Oath, and whoever else wants to run the Pit for this round. Decided to post in a new thread otherwise the original one might start to look messy.

"Buahahahahaha!" A large man had a hand to his hips as he held up a worn-looking pamphlet with the other hand. In truth the pamphlet was still new, but all the rough handling that was subjected to the piece of paper left it in its present deprecated state. Wrinkles and creases covered the parchment, crushed by the man's large and weathered hand. It did it's job however; it told of The Pit, and as soon as the large and tall man heard about it, he made his way to it.

Presenting The Pits!
Get ready for some heavy one on one, one on two, two on one or any number of combinations. This is the brutal fight fest where everyone enters with nothing but their hands and and feet and some modest attire. See how long you can last, against the denziens of the pit!

"Buahahahahah!" His low bellowing laugh continued as he continued to raise the pamphlet up in the air. His eyes alight with glee. Finally, all of a sudden he stopped his almost maniacal laughter as he approached the registration stand. He saw a gruff-looking human, who he assumed was the person who was to register him.

"You! You are the receptionist?" He leaned down so that his face was even with the shorter man. "A mighty fine title!" He roared in laughter, and it was hard to tell if he was being sincere or sarcastic.

"Sign me up for this." He slammed the pamphlet on the table, as he flashed a toothy grin. "A couple of others should be making their way here." He said as he picked up his cape and showed it to the "receptionist", on it showed clearly the emblem of the guild.

"Golas. Golas Rorn. Handsomest and strongest!"

Lance

Still rubbing his backside in pain, Lyolf began making it up to the counter. "Just what was with that guy?" the elf still complained, after being struck a bit too heartily on the back before being invited to participate in some random bloodshed and mayhem called "The Pits."

"Buahahaha!" the raven agreed.

"Ah well, it sounds fun," the elf said simply. The raven agreed to that too.

Reaching the counter, the mage stuck out his right arm and revealed a strangely shaped mark that suddenly appeared glowing on the back of his right hand-the guild emblem of Galas'nor.

"Not like it needs to be said, but we're in."
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Hasabushi

As the group approached, the dwarf of a man seemed to be peering into some weird looking orb, "....and remember each use costs one gold coin." The images fades that he is looking at he then promptly pulls off the runic hat he is wearing as he sees you approach. He looks at you then at the party following you.

"Eh Yes... How many in your party?", he says almost sheepishly.

Mysticsage

Kryas raised his hand somewhat hesitantly but still with a smirk "I'm in with these guys although, I'm unsure of any actual help i will be." He wasn't exactly known for his feats of strength around the guild. But he could often be imaginative with his methods and every team needed a wild card to have their back.

Hasabushi

"Well, well... that's good to know... although that dosen't quite help answer my question.", he sighed and slid a large book over in front of the group. He blew the dust off the front cover, and a large cloud of dust bunnies ensued , "Hasn't been used in a while, you see...", he said apologetically." Just sign here and here and here. State your name, class and rank. The book will do the rest."

TheBigJon

Shael walked with an elven pride, balanced by the monk's humility. He was never one to take down a challenge, and he recognized some of the people joining. A small grin tugged at the corners of his mouth. He'd read the requirements of only entering with just modest clothing and confidence built up inside him. He'd be able to contribute greatly in the event.

Might as well

Throndir

The large man roared in laughter at the crew that was assembled. He lowered his head and peered at the receptionist, his face not a few inches away from the shorter mans' face.

"And here they are! The couple of others I mentioned! Buahahaha! Four in total." He stood up straight a moment later, and heavily patted Kryas on the back, each 'pat' more akin to a heavy thud on the half'elf's back. "Stay close, and I'm sure we can take on their entire stock!" Leaning back on the table, he grabbed the pen nearby, and in his messy scrawl wrote:

Golas Rorn, sword fighting, above the rest!

He shrugged. Unsure what class and rank actually meant.

Hasabushi

The old man shriveled up his nose as the 'barbarian' spoke. His breath akin to a yak he had just purchased, from a merchant who got the animal after buying some magic beans. He was glad to have the large man stand erect once again clear from his airspace. He watched as Golas wrote his name in the magic book. He looked briefly at what he wrote and promptly changed his rank to "1". "You'll thank me for that later Golas Rorn"

Mysticsage

Kryas then stepping forward with a short nod and a smirk at the attendant took the pen next and scrawled his name.

Kryas Windsel Rank 1

"What exactly are we allowed to wear for this thing?"
he asked putting a hand slightly to his back.

Hasabushi

"Hulius is the name, Hulius Maximus Snorm, the third, and what are you allowed to wear, ye ask? Did ye not read the pamphlet?" The mans face suddenly changed it was not longer sheepish, it was more ruffian looking now. "What, what ye don't have the mind to read my pamphlet? Eyes of Thirty Holy Men!", he says while making a weird gesture with his hand. "Fine, fine I'll explain ye one more time, but this time pay ye heed to my tale!"

Hulius stops for a moment, looks at the book, then looks back at Kyras. "And what be ye class? Fighter? Knight? Bard? Lunatic? Well, well??"

Mysticsage

"Bard" he smirked "my apologies i meant no disrespect just clarification good sir. Forgive me for my current ignorance"

Hasabushi

[Going to Move Forward]

It wasn't the pushy old man that was the problem, nor the exotic dancing elf, it wasn't really even the very odd monk that seemed bothered with the fact that he even had to talk to you. It was the changing, the having to put on these rags. Not even form fitting, barely clinging to your frame. You watched somewhat perturbed as your belongings fit into that tiny bag of holding...

[Description]
The doors close behind the group, Before you lies a downward spiraling staircase, it descends pasts torches that slowly begin to light themselves as you pass them. You hear screeching and scittering as you make your way past the final set of stairs. You approach a large door, that is not bolted or secured in any way, large letters adorn the facing of the doors they spell in the common language "The Pit"....

Throndir

"Buahahaha! It's not so bad as it looks Kryas!" Golas flexed his arms, his well-toned muscles showing beneath the various gaping holes and rips along the make-shift tunic. The large man had only received informal training in the written language, but he smiled wide, from ear to ear as he read aloud the words that adorned the doors larger than he was.

"Everyone ready? Looks like this might be interesting..." He paused as he glanced at his companions.

[spoiler]Let me know when we plan to actually jump into D&D stuff, I still have to create Golas' char sheet.[/spoiler]