[Ryine [FIGHTER]-- Melee Mountain]

Started by Hasabushi, November 19, 2013, 03:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

The doors to the arena open quite easily a humming noise erupts around as the air is filled with what feels like static electricty this continues for a moment then you hear the sound of the door being locked behind you.

[Description]
In front of you a short corridor that jarringly empties into a large arena and as the name implies it rises sharply up a mountain like slope, which surprisingly is filled with tall proud trees . The sun shines brightly and the breeze is refreshingly cool.

The only way currently is the exit ahead.

Oath

Looking around briefly as the door closes behind him, Ryine is unshaken.

As he lets out a bit of a chuckle he begins to speak quietly.

"I expected this would be the case. I suppose I should try to figure out if there is anything in here that could be of use, or identify an opponent of some sort."

He begins to scan the area, looking for anything that might come in handy in the combat, a defensible position or just another person inside of the arena.

[spoiler]{spot} This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+2 : 12 + 2, total 14
{listen} This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+2 : 9 + 2, total 11
{search} This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20-1 : 4 - 1, total 3[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[Spot Check: Success]
Something catches your eye near the end of the corridor, what appears to be a bronze stand of some sort glints briefly, drawing your focus.

[Listen Check: Success]
You hear wind blowing through the trees and the wooden corridor beams creaking, nothing else seems in particularly interesting.

[Search Check: Failed]
You find nothing.

Oath

Not hearing anything of note, the glimmer on the other end of the arena catches Ryine's eye and he begins to make his way over on the lookout for anything that may try to ambush him. while approaching the bronze stand.

[spoiler] I'd like to ready an attack action for anyone who jumps out at me if at all.[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

You approach the bronze stand, wary of a possible attack, but to your relief nothing happens.

[Description]

Before you sits a bronze stand, perched up its top is a clear sphere of some sort, as you approach you see the face o what appears to be the man from the registration desk wearing a strange looking hood with odd symbols all over it. 'Tap Tap'.. "Is dis thing on?", he says while squinting back at you
"Ahem..Your opponent comes to us all the way from minds of the All Hallow'ed Wizards Spectacular Emporium. Where only the finest of wizardry wares can be bought for but a fraction of the cost. Meet Grafe the Gorged!!"

You see the image of a man appear, clearly seeing why they call him "the Gorged", the rotund fellow carries a small axe and appears to be lumbering toward what appears to be a statue of a bird. "All right that was a freebie, if you want more info simply look for on of these crystal connectors, deposit a coin in it to get some info on were your enemy is. Oh and all transactions are final, no refunds. Have a great day!"

You here a grinding noise and see the crystal connector go blank. A slot appears just below it, apparently waiting for your hard earned coin.

Oath

Looking around confused, Ryine procures a coin from his pocket and slides it into the slot.

"I remember always being told to keep a coin on my person for information, but this is most unexpected."

Oddities aside, he continued to be on the lookout and while waiting for the machine to work its form of magic. While it might be helpful it would be folly to rely on something that he doesn't understand.

[spoiler]
Spot:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 18 + 2, total 20[/blockquote]
Listen:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 5 + 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Hasabushi

"What what you need me already, pffft. Fine fine...", you hear shuffling noises, then you see a large book pop up in the view you see in the crystal. You see the old make arcane gestures with his hands. Suddenly the image changes before your eyes. You see a large rock with a rather large man sitting on it, he sneezes loudly... The image fades and the slot opens again.

[spoiler][Spot check result]
You see nothing out of the ordinary, everything appears to be exactly where it's suppose be. Ahh what a beautiful day.

[Listen check result]
You hear a rather large sneeze, not coming from the crystal you are viewing.[/spoiler]

Oath

A bit bothered that the man would insult him after receiving coin, the warrior decided that it would be best to put it behind him and find the target he was to battle.

Ryine surveys the area, looking for the rock that has a man sitting on top of it, slowly moving about until he finds it. His sword and shield are drawn, as he creeps around the terrain.

[spoiler] Looking for the man while moving around. Not sure if I need these checks.
{spot}: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 19 + 2, total 21[/blockquote]
{Listen:}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 3 + 2, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Your creeping pays off, for not long after you begin this maneuver you hear another sneeze much louder than the first and a short sniffle soon follows it. But then the sun is blotted out, not by a tree or even a cloud your realize but by something really big... Behind you..

You suddenly feel yourself being lifted in the air your arms pinned at your sides.

(You are being grappled from behind)

Oath

The warrior struggles to get free. As he is being lifted into the air, Ryine tries to use his feet to somehow gain a bit of momentum, breaking the grapple easier. Normally he would just throw elbows and work his way out of a grapple with force applied to delicate spots on his foe. However, breaking out of this bear hug with his arms would be a futile effort. So his best choice would be to hopefully force the arms of his assailant open a bit through force and slip through the opening.

[spoiler] Trying to break the grapple. If BAB is applied, add 2 to the roll.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 1 + 3, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Your attempt to break the grapple is quite futile, as you feel the grip grow tighter, you realize it's getting harder to breathe.

(You're being grappled from behind and your arms are still pinned. DC:13)

Oath

Ryine continues to struggle, this time using his arms and legs in tandem in hopes of breaking out of the hold. He is curious what sort of person would attempt to grapple in this honorable combat and is mentally preparing himself for fighting after his release.

[spoiler] Trying to break grapple again.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]