Chapter 1: The Menace [Completed]

Started by Hasabushi, April 05, 2013, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Hasabushi

Sigil:
As you form your spell, the figure before you responds synchronizing his movements with yours, a counter spell appears before him several concentric circles interlaced within a sphere, the sphere flies rapidly toward you.

MindSense:
Attempt successful the nanites and Bookkeeper use of the word "restore", quickly brings your system back up to full operational status. it appears that you have also discovered a latent signal originating from the obelisk , it seems to be some sort of message written in binary code. (Mindsense has also received a bit of power surge from Bookkeeper allowing all attacks/defense manevuers to do +2 damage/defense)

Bookkeeper:
As you shout the mystic nature of your words mix with the arcane power of Sigil. The force is so strong that the obelisk cracks behind the glowing figure. This seems to further enrage the figure and now he draws even more heavily on what ever power he controls. (Balance is restored as you have used both a chaotic and order word)

The figure is now growing larger in size...

Throndir

Aiming her arm cannon towards the figure, her displays told her that power output was higher than normal. She grinned. Whatever Bookkeeper did, it increased the power levels of her suit. She made a mental note to talk to him sometime, or even examine him. A moment later she shook her head.

She would have kept going on with her musings and technical thoughts, but the fight at hand demanded her attention.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

[DAMAGE]
SCT   None
DMG  Healthy
ERT   Healthy

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO   10
VILLAIN   0

In the middle of his spell, Sigil did not see the enemy's attack coming for him so much as sense the sudden shift in hostile energy, His vision was blurred with his own incantations to do much other then attempt to maintain focus, and attempt to fight off the attack. If he could counter it with sheer force of will and perhaps a quick act of deflection if he was going to continue. Centering his mind even further he went into the quite parts of his heart the same place he sat while training. The pain and suffering that he constantly pushed out of his mind trained his mind to create a wall.

[spoiler]
parry attempt to avoid damage or get bonus on concentration
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2

Concentration check to continue casting spell

Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/spoiler]

reroll
[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Bookkeeper noted immediately that the figure, imposing as he was, was upset over the obelisk cracking. It was obvious that Viktor's powers would not effect the man, who was growing overwhelming. But what they had effected was the obelisk. I'll just have to damage what I can...He might be drawing from it, after all.

Viktor focuses on the obelisk, studying the area around it, and then vanished from where he stood. He instantaneously appeared next to the structure, slamming a hand down on the obelisk.

"DECAY!"

[info]Viktor teleports next to the obelisk as his movement, and yells his Decay command to break the obelisk.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Need a roll from Linwelin 1D20 and a percentile due to exhaustion :D

Linwelin

[spoiler]Whoops, sorry about that.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 57, total 57[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Sigil:
Though your concentrations fail, you manage to dodge the incoming attack, however the sphere now seems to be following you. This appears to be some sort of tracking spell, as you feel that it could be attempting to drain your magicks..

MindSense:
You arm cannon discharges, as platonic radiation floods the the area in front of you. You steady yourself with perfect aim, A wave of hyper intensified energy not only hits the your attacker, the but the wash over from the increased output causes aoe damage, You hear an ear splitting sound as Bookkeeper strikes the obelisk ... 

Bookkeeper:
Sometimes the universe ignores you and other times it pays attention, apparently this is on those times that everything is right,  as you create balance within yourself. The words "Decay" pour from your mouth, your weakness ignored as you muster up all you have, you hand impacts the obelisk, another large crack appears accompanied by a bone jarring thunder, at the place your hand met its mark.

The figure now twice his original size, is clearly weakening roars in anger and turns to strike Bookkeeper, "GET AWAY FROM THAT!!"

Throndir

"I don't think he wants us touching the obelisk Bookkeeper!" Mindsense said, as she charged up her weapon again.

"Lets obliterate it instead."

[info]Shoot at the obelisk.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

"UMM If you guys could do me a favor and destroy that obelisk soon that would be great!" said Sigil as he floated as fast as he could to maintain his distance and not seeming overly panicked, even though he was sweating bullets to keep his distance. He did not feel like getting hit by some magic missile. He felt like he was in some kind of cartoon as he maintainted the best distance he could while still being in sight of the others. With Bookkeeper focused on the task at hand it was the best he could do to try and force their foe's attention solely onto him so that he could buy some time.

[info]
Maintain Distance
Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1

Reroll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

Magic Bolt bad guy
Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11

[/info]

Hasabushi

*from now on if you don't want you dice rolls to appear tampered with simply delete the post then repost with new dice rolls, I'll let it slide this time :p*

Linwelin

Bookkeeper saw the man's reaction, and despite his angered growth, it was exactly as Bookkeeper wanted. Still, though he did want to follow Mindsense's advice, the crazed man was rushing the boy in a manner that couldn't simply be ignored.

As quickly as he could, he took a deep breath, then shouted as loud and forcefully as he could manage.

"SHIELD!"

His goal was to surround himself and any ally near him at the pillar with a field so the man's onslaught was delayed.

Bookkeeper called back out to Mindsense and Sigil, "I have my hands full with this guy for now, you cover the rest!"

[info]Bookkeeper uses his Shield power word at max strength to protect himself.[/info]

[spoiler]Here's my roll, in case I need one.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Hasabushi

Sigil
[DAMAGE]
SCT: None
DMG: Healthy
ERT: Healthy
MND: Tired*

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO: 15
VILLAIN: 0

You maintain your distance from the orb of energy, and it appears to be fading out as you continue to dodge.  You return the favor by sending forth a magic bolt. It explodes from your palms and heads directly for the giant humanoid. It strikes the figure exploding into a ball of fire, It Roars in pain, but quickly shifts its focus another more prominent target. The magic missile disappears.
[spoiler]Need a roll of 1D10, 1D10 for percentage as you are exhausting yourself with high use of magiks.[/spoiler]

Mindsense
[DAMAGE]
ERT: Healthy
MND: Focused*
STATUS: Overcharged, Shielded (energy/physical) 1D6+1 additional damage,  +5 vs energy/physical.

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO: 10

Another blast just as powerful as the first launches from your arm cannon, veins of plasmatic energy pop and crackle around the metallic surface of your arm. The increased power knocks your aim slightly off, even so, it impacts squarely against the base of the obelisk, rupturing a large chunk off the opal colored stone, though it still stands.

Additonal damage done next round:
1D6+1

Bookkeeper
[DAMAGE]
ERT: 30 minutes of rest needed.
MND: Stressed*
STATUS: exhausted, Neutral word in effect. +5 vs energy/physical

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO: 20

As the words are spoken a spectral form of a large shield appears quickly covering you and and anyone within ten feet of you, however you are feeling exhausted and will need to rest soon.

The figure now roars at the top his lungs he is now 4 times his original size, he charges with uncanny speed smashing into the shield and begins to pound on it with magically charged fists.  A few hits later the shield begins to crack...

[spoiler]*Keep an eye on each of your stats especially MND and STATUS.
Ranges for mental conditions MND:
Rested - best conditions for focusing or using mental abilities. + 5 for all actions.
Alert - slightly on edge and ready for action, still +1 for all actions, +2 vs sneak attack or ambush.
Focused - concentrating on one target, aware of surrounding but not as responsive. +2 on any action used toward focused enemy.
Stressed - a stressful situation that causes adrenaline to dump. More reactionary/primal, +3 on all aggressive actions. -2 on any mental tasks.
Scatterbrained - unable to concentrate, mind wanders due to increased levels of exhaustion.
Tired - Close to exhaustion, small tasks become more difficult -5, unable to focus, +5 on all attacks toward player, defensive actions -3, all attacks suffer a -2 penalty.
Exhausted - Concentration is almost non-existent, must roll against chance of passing out falling asleep(60%) - 5 on all actions.
Passed Out/Sleeping - no actions can be performed character must rest at least 1 hour per level of exhaustion(5 total). Sleep must be uninterrupted.

Special:
Terrified - inability to react, flight or fight mode. Must roll vs paralyzing fear, suffers -10 penalties for all actions attempted while terrified, loss of motor reflexes, more likely to shake and fumble during actions.
Calm - immediate state after coming out of sleep, if players successfully enters REM sleep.
Groggy - not enough sleep, less than 30 minutes (power nap) Player suffers -2 to all actions until fully awake. 

[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

[info]
Exhaustion role as requested
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

Sigil slowed down now no longer being chased his body screaming he attempts to take stock of the situation once again, "We need to get that thing destroyed." he mumbled to himself. As his aching body did a number on his mind he did his best to remember what his teacher had taught him about magical artifacts of this nature if anything.  This thing had to have a weakness something that he had read back in his studies must be useful at this moment to help mindsense blow that thing to pieces.

[info]
rolling knowledge magic to give mindsense a bonus of some kind to damage or just straight advantage to hit

-5 for tired
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-5 : 7 - 5, total 2[/blockquote]
[/info]