Prologue: Welcome to Capital City! [COMPLETED]

Started by Hasabushi, March 07, 2013, 12:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Now able to see the room, and understand them they had been fighting, essentially, in the stomach of a giant machine, Book Keeper seems to oddly settle down. The mystery of this place is mostly solved. It's no wonder why we couldn't figure out what was going on...that alarm is cause for concern, though. What was so bad about the system fault? It seems much less dangerous with it disabled. Maybe the shutdown does something to the contents of the room?

At that thought, Book Keeper became nervous again, "I get the odd sensation that this fault could be trouble for us. At least the test before was somewhat controlled. We're now in the 'stomach' of a faulty giant robot of a room. By saying 'lockdown', it must mean there is no exit from here at the moment." He then came across an idea, one that was necessary to test. What if all our powers have returned with the room's malfunction?

Book Keeper took out his book, opening it and reading aloud, hoping it had some effect. "Light!"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

As the boy with them yelled "Light!" Megella noticed her senses returning. Not just her five primary senses, but her psionically enhanced senses granted to her by the thousands of nanomachines coursing in her body. With the machines whirring into life as each individual nanite generated energy and power, so too did her suit come back online. With each passing moment the heavy suit became lighter and lighter as the nanites adjusted themselves, moved around, and compensated to where Megella needed them.

It didn't take long for the machines to be operational once again, and likewise, it didn't take long for Megella to ready her arm cannon. She raised her arm cannon, both to test and flex her arm, she then pointed her weapon to where she roughly estimated the location in which the group entered from. If she guessed right, it should be the same location where the door was. She looked at her fellow peers, but specifically trained her eyes on the mechanical being with them.

"You who is composed of a liquid composition of titanium!" She started to slowly gather the energies for her arm cannon. "Anything you can do to give the gun an extra punch?"

[spoiler]Regardless of Odie's answer, Megella will fire her charged cannon towards where she deemed to be the exit.[/spoiler]

Babalover80

None of that message sounded good to Odie.  It sounded to him like they were locked in.  "Anything you can do to give the gun an extra punch?? asked the girl who seemed to be very pleased about the return of her powers.  He walked up to the cannon which she was referring to and placed his hand of it.

As he delved into the weapon he sensed many things going on underneath the surface of it.  It seemed that her control of nanites was very powerful and he admired the blend of humanity and machine that took place all the while allowing her to remain human.  ?I can increase the power of your weapon but it will only be temporary until I can do more research into your particular case.? 

Odie then seemed to charge up again and the energy flowed into the cannon.  The weapon glows a bright yellow and the energy then retreats to the battery area of the cannon and continues to pulse as the sensors on it start to indicate that it is supercharged.  As the charge leaves Odie you see once again some of the red on his armor fade. 

Manzokushi

Jin could find no flaws in his opponent?s skills. It was almost as if he had been fighting himself. The clues were slowly piecing themselves together, as the room shook violently. Everything in the room vanished along with his adversary who had never been there to begin with. It had all been part of an elaborate training test as was indicated from the beginning. Well at the very least the assessors had done their job.

He quickly sheathed his blades, and released the void. The light in the room took a few moments for his eyes to readjust. Then finally Jin was back his self returned. ?Well looks the test is done, I suppose we can call this a draw? Well if you would be so kind as to use that door opener on your arm, I have better things to do with my time. This place has lost its luster and I could certainly go for some noodles.?

His powers were returning he was pleased to note. All of a sudden he was totally in control of his body once more.

Shifting and accelerating his molecules, he allowed his body to return to the natural state of air. To all those who were looking, his body began to shift and blow away like ashes scattered on the wind. While he stood still he was invisible to the naked eye.

Lance

That's interesting, Nao thought, when his bare hand made contact with the chair. The young man put his glove back on and it was then that the room shook, the lights flickered, and the people fell around him. The young man couldn't help but make a wry smile.

That's VERY interesting

The room transformed then, shifting from a darkened room into a room equally as strange but wholly different. From the encompassing darkness to the eerie light everything changed... except that weird chair.

Standing up from said chair, Nao stretched a bit. When the room changed only moments ago, he felt an abnormal sensation similiar to when he first sat on the chair. It felt as if something he never knew he lost was suddenly returned to him. Connecting the dots took no effort then, and upon seeing a young man fade away into nothingness, his doubts were laid to rest. Their abilities were back.

It seemed they were finally past the first phase of this "test," as the fading man put it. However, Nao was only plagued with more questions the more he mulled it over.

And so, the young man shrugged. One step at a time, he thought. He then began making his way to the two robots even as they prepared to "open" a door.

"Tin can, you've something of mine."
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Hasabushi

[catbar width=25%]Book Keeper[/catbar]
The air around you seethes with the energy you are quite familiar with, You see a light appear in front of you a floating glowing orb, it pulsates slowly as if in affirmation of your power. The light reveals nothing further about the room, that you cannot already see.

[catbar width=25%]Odie - Mind Sense[/catbar]
Power suddenly surges through your arm cannon soon after you've given the strange inorganic being the "go ahead", you arm shakes violently as the nanites within struggle to keep up with the higher level of power flowing through you. You manage to  point your arm in the approximate direction you believe the exit exists.

The levels of raw power or overwhelming as you will your arm cannon to release its payload. A flash of light surges from your arm as it  pools into a large sphere of prasmatic energy directly in front of the cannon. Hovering for a moment the energy sphere grows brighter and brighter and then without warning it leaves smashing into the wall in front of it. Shrapnel flies everywhere, the impact shakes the room and pieces of circuitry fall from their roost in the wall.  You have successfully breached the Holo Chamber.

(You will have to wait a few scenes before you can attempt that again, Mind Sense needs to fully recharge)

[catbar width=25%]Sigil[/catbar]
You awake, you are groggy but aware of your surroundings, you feel you magical energies returning...

[catbar width=25%]Specter[/catbar]

Current Active PowerAlter Physical Structure: Air

[catbar]SCENE[/catbar]
You are amazed to find that the wall is not very thick at all, approx 6-12 inches. It edges are now burned and blackened and there appears to be another room on the other side, though it is clearly not the way you entered,

WARNING HOLO CHAMBER 001 ...BREACHED!
SECURITY MEASURES ACTIVATED....
SENTRY DRONES ... ONLINE
PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR DESIGNATED SECURITY AREAS...

You see a large metal wall starting to descend where the hole has been made. Both Mind Sense and Odie are aware of a
halothane vapour (sleeping gas) being pumped into the room. The room will reach saturation point in approx 5 minutes.

Throndir

"As much as I absolutely love this chamber and the gas being pumped in, I'd rather be out." Megella said dryly as she stared at the gases. Judging by the rate at which the gas was being pumped in, she didn't bother telling the others that they only had around five minutes left before the room was completely filled with the gas, simply because she didn't seem to see the need. She knew well enough the others around her were capable, and with the opening before them it wouldn't be too difficult to exit the room.

Unless of course these "sentry drones" prove to be more difficult than expected. Megella shrugged as she started to lead the way to the opening which was just created. If that's the case, then all the more joy for us. She couldn't wait to get her hands on one of the Assessors.

Linwelin

Book Keeper had somewhat expected this after the return of their powers, and was already on the case. He flipped to a new page, found his word, and began running to the hole in the wall. As the wall descended to cover the breach, he acted, shouting authoritatively toward it, "DECAY!" He felt the word weigh heavily on him and knew he'd need to correct the balance some time in the near future.

Either way, it had worked. The wall began to deteriorate from the center outward, making sure there was still a breach. With that covered, he knew it wouldn't be fast enough, and he needed it stronger. His words were stronger with closer proximity, and he'd learned that it takes less energy when they were nearby. He needed that spare energy to prolong the spell. To get this done right, he knew what he had to do; though he hated using the ability due to the sensation, as though he were ripped from time and space. Once more, he shouted while staring intently at the hole, "HOLE!"

In an instant, he had vanished, and appeared within the gap he had created. The decay spell he had already placed was now around him, making sure the target wall could not reach near where he was standing, no matter how much it kept trying to close. At this point, he was panting. "Hurry...this isn't...something...I can hold...for much longer..." It was obvious he was barely standing, and that he seemed almost constricted in his movements.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Seth awoke slowly feeling his energy return. He had watched the pair of mechanical being blow a hole in the wall and then the alarms going off. With a groan and rubbing his head he let out a sigh being woken up in such a manner was not preferred. He could feel the beginning of a headache forming where he had hit the floor earlier.

"Today is just not may day." He moaned as he slowly got onto his feet he would have a tough time explaining this to Leon when he got home. He watched as the system responded to their assault and the wall began to be sealed. The robot girl moved first simply ducking her way under the wall and int o the space beyond. It was at the moment that the kid who had helped him earlier used what Seth sensed to be word magic to open an even wider gap, so that they could all more easily escape into whatever fresh hell awaited them.

In an instant, he had vanished, and appeared within the gap he had created. The decay spell he had already placed was now around him, making sure the target wall could not reach near where he was standing, no matter how much it kept trying to close. At this point, he was panting. "Hurry...this isn't...something...I can hold...for much longer..." It was obvious he was barely standing, and that he seemed almost constricted in his movements.

That?s all Seth needed to hear he was looking to smash some heads, as he knew everyone of his new comrades had to. Walking up to the giant robot he pat him on the shoulder and said ?You heard him the rest of you guys go on ahead and clear a path I?ll make sure the kid doesn?t get trapped in here and take up the rear and work from the back once everyone is out.?

[spoiler]Once everyone leaves Sigil scoops up Book Keeper bridal style and ducks thru the gap quickly making sure to cast a small glamour around the two of them making it harder to aim at them with machines or projectiles.[/spoiler]

Babalover80

As the wall blew open Odie could see that everyone was becoming a little more comfortable about the situation as their powers returned.  They were still in a dire situation but at least their confidence was returning.  He didn?t quite know what to make of their ragtag team but at least everyone seemed to be working together.

After all they had witnessed in the holographic chamber it wasn?t too surprising when the metal door tried to lower itself to prevent their escape.  Knockout gas was flooding the chamber and it seemed that they were going to encounter other unpleasant things once they exited the room.  When Bookkeeper started using his magic and placed himself in the hole to keep it from closing on the group, Odie knew that speed was of the essence.  He ran towards the door as fast as he could so that he could take point once they all made it through.  He didn?t want anyone to get attacked as they dashed for the hole.  He concentrated on getting faster as it seemed they were always pressed for time.

As he was exiting he also started to download a form of martial arts from his MHD so that he would be able to defend himself if attacked.  Not quite sure where they were going from here he didn?t want to blow any more holes in the wall but he would still need a way to counterattack if they were ambushed by the building defense system. 

Lance

"Hey..." Nao began, as a hole was made through the wall. Shrapnel flew and Nao quickly re-positioned himself in such a way as to make the two in front of him serve as living shields.

Alarms sounded in response to the explosion, however, and immediately a new wall was being brought down to prevent the group's escape. There had been some mention of a holo chamber, security areas, and security drones too. But in a place such as this, there was no knowing what exactly lay ahead. Regardless, it was then that both the tin can and the female construct sprinted through the gap, quickly followed by the others.

But in all the chaos, only one thing ran through Nao's mind as he sprinted after his impromptu comrades.

"My GUN!"
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Manzokushi

The chaos continued as the room attempted to keep them within. This was a movie production that Jin was happy to take his leave of. It sort of felt like casting at gun point. He chuckled just as the gas began to filter into the room. Granted he had control over the air, but why waste strength when he could simply exit the room. After all they had gone to such trouble to make him a door.

Jin, slinked through the room moving with ghostly precision, dancing between his team mates seeking the forward of the group. His voice echoed on the wind, ?I will scout ahead, and alert you if I stumble upon any hooligans amongst the brush,? followed by a slight chuckle.

He passed the rubble of the hole and the other who seemed to impose his will upon the area. The others were feeling the test of the trials that had recently transpired.

Jin slipped past continuing down the hallway moving with stealth and precision.