Chapter 1: The Menace [Completed]

Started by Hasabushi, April 05, 2013, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

[catbar]The Scene[/catbar]

The team is standing in a bleak metallic grey hallway, red emergency lights pulse on and off, the smell of ozone fills the air as electric wiring sparks randomly. The grey tiles beneath clink as the party moves across them. A panel on the wall seems to flashing, it glows green and appears to have a computer interface attached to it. The hallway continues on directly ahead, underneath hanging wires and metal ceiling tiles.

[catbar]Meanwhile...[/catbar]

"Sir, Sentries have been activated, along with all intruder systems."

Captain Virgil ground his teeth, his face twisted in a mix of frustration and determination. "Let me guess, we have no control over them..."

"Affirmative sir, but there is some good news.", the soldier turned around to the screen behind him before the captain could speak, he punched a few buttons causing the building schematic to momentarily shrink to allow a video feed to pop up. "We got this before the surveillance systems went down."

The image changed to show six figures reeking havoc on the holo 1 chamber then escaping through a hole that two of the super's blasted through the wall.

"My god, they did that?", Virgil placed his fist against his chin. "Did you get you Hexdor Scale readings on them?"

The soldier nodded, "You're not going to believe it though sir..."

"Try me."

"They all measured over 15,000 points, but sir it could be an error with readings. Only Iron Shield has a rating that high."

"15,000??? We need to get our team to them now!! Whats their ETA?"

"We don't know sir, we lost contact soon after they entered level 77"

"Goto contigency plan Alpha, and get me Iron Shield!!"

Linwelin

With all the members out of the room, Book Keeper was able to restore his power balance. Though they would find it strange, he knew how important it was so that he could continue moving. He turned back to the wall and spoke, "Regenerate." It took a little bit of time, but he managed to reverse the decay he had caused, enough to regain some strength. His movements were no longer restricted due to his unbalanced casting.

With that, Book Keeper turned to the group, "It sounded like there's a security force that responds to the damage we caused. If it's anything like the room, that could mean trouble, so be wary." He walked up to join the group as he spoke, "However, from what I saw in there, our powers should be more than enough to handle them. So long as we don't exhaust ourselves, and pace how we use our abilities, we should be ok." This was more a warning to himself, as he had almost made that mistake. Book Keeper hoped that there would be no reason for such heavy uses of his powers in the near future.

"Does anyone have abilities they can use to navigate? I think getting out of here is our most important goal, and it would be nice if we didn't get lost while doing that. It could also mean we can avoid some unnecessary fights." Book Keeper looks around expectantly, hoping someone here had sensory powers.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The nanite-infused girl saw the computer interface attached to the wall, glowing a bright and almost-neon green. Normally she would have jumped at the console, plugging away at commands or exploring the interface to see what information she can garner - trying to piece out what was happening; why the sirens were blazing loud, why their "testing" seemed to have been cut off short, but most importantly where in the world those Assessors were. Megella still had score to settle with them after all.

Yet she knew that there was one in the group who was probably more suited to such tasks, so instead Megella stood her ground focusing on the immediate area, but focusing on the hallway ahead of them. If there were more surprises left by the Assessors, or otherwise, Megella would prefer to be prepared than not. After all, Megella definitely loved surprises.

"Feel free to do what you heroes do best. For me, I can sesnse our surroundings. Let's not all get thrown into some power-sucking room like last time", Megella said in her low indifferent voice.

With just a slight effort she sent her mind-probe forward taking in an innate feel of the surrounding around her.

[spoiler]She'll use her powers to feel what's around them, but focus on the hallways ahead. She'll tell the group of her findings.[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[Going to wait till the end of day, then I will just assume everyone else has passed, and continue on]

Mysticsage

Seth looked at the scene and around at the motley crew that had been formed. Everyone was on edge the feeling of danger and adrenaline buzzing alive in the air along with the ozone he could smell. "Emotions are running high here and that's exactly what we don't need right now." Seth began whispering under his breath focusing a small amount of his energy out into the air around him giving of a calming and focusing aura. "Hopefully this will help us see whatever is coming next before we get caught of guard again." He wished in his head.

[spoiler]Sigil uses falcon cry softly as to not distract the others from their thoughts [/spoiler]

Babalover80

As Odie exited the room it looked as if they were not going to be attacked immediately.  This brief moment of reprieve seemed well earned after that hellhole they just came from. Looking at the computer console he went over to it hungry for new information. He hadn?t been able to get on the web this morning before the exercises began and was becoming bored with the info. he had.  Maybe it would be able to tell them where they were and give them an idea of where they could go to get out of this situation.  Maybe he could download some encyclopedias and cross reference them while they escaped from this dangerous situation.  He could then cross reference contradictions and do research into the true events that took place.  The edited version would then be sent home. 

?I?m going to access this terminal and see if I can find us a way out of here,? he said as he walked up to the access panel.  He didn?t think they needed to know about the encyclopedias.

Hasabushi

[catbar]Nao - Specter PASSING [/catbar]

I'm assuming that Specter is still in his mist form

[catbar] Book Keeper [/catbar]
The hole regenerates back to the metal it originally was, there is no evidence that the wall was ever breached, save for the hanging wires. Balance has been restored, you feel refreshed and renewed.
ACTIVE EFFECTS: Falcon Cry, You feel more aware and ready to react.

[catbar] Mind Sense [/catbar]
You sense the buzzing and pulsing of fiber optic components in the wall, the area feels secure and it appears that this level is maze like. Even with your senses you are unable to determine an exit or any sort of egress to the next level. You did notice one peculiar thing the walls further ahead seemed to be in a constant state of dimensional flux.
ACTIVE EFFECTS: Falcon Cry, You feel more aware and ready to react.

[catbar] Sigil [/catbar]
You cast Falcon' Cry, the air around you seethes with energy as a yellow sphere of energy surrounds the party.
ACTIVE EFFECTS: Falcon Cry, you feel more aware and ready to react. There are no penalties for this neutral spell.

[catbar] Odie [/catbar]
Information pours from the terminal, your body glows as it absorbs every iota of data as it flows from the all the systems it is connected to. You encounter a an area that contains classified data, but with few changes in the base code you rewrite the database allowing you access, literal child's play for one such as you. Suddenly your defensive systems sense a surge of energy being redirected at you, you realize that you have a few nanoseconds of time before the first pulse hits your systems, but before it strikes you are able to get one piece of information, your on level 77...

You can continue to maintain your link to glean more information or disconnect before the pulse hits
ACTIVE EFFECTS: Falcon Cry, you feel more aware and ready to react.

[catbar] SCENE [/catbar]
Time 1:00PM, DATE SEPT 30, 2033
No Changes to report

Babalover80

It felt good to connect to the computer.  He could tell that the system was connected to many parts of the facility but he wasn?t able to get too much about the floor they were on exactly.  ?We?re on floor 77 in this facility,? he says as he continues to let the access panel speak to him.

All of a sudden he felt what some would describe as a shot of cocaine in the arm.  He was aware of each separate file merging with his system as it integrated itself into his being.  The feeling of oneness was acute and he was also able to become very aware of his physical surroundings.  He could only attribute it to the yellow aura that surrounded them suddenly.  That?s when he sensed the energy surge being directed at him.

He knew the system would try and defend its self, and had been willing to disconnect when said defense protocol initiated.  But, with the newfound alertness and improvement to his reaction speed, Odie felt that he could attempt to impede the surges progress long enough to glean one more piece of relevant information from the terminal before disconnecting. 

Throndir

The girl furrowed her eyes, unsure what to make of the "readings" that she obtained from her senses. It was as if the the walls ahead were constantly revolving from a state of being here and a state of being not here. It was a unique and strange feeling, something that Megella hasn't yet encountered before. Though, with all the supers and heroes that were once in this complex, perhaps it wasn't so surprising that there would be phenomena no one in the group had ever encountered.

"77th floor already? I swear we went into that power-sucking room from their main lobby. The talented and skilled architects of this place either thought putting the main entrance to their building on the 77th floor was a good idea, that room we were just in acted as an elevator, or we were somehow transported here." She glanced back at the now-closed wall where the group had emerged.

"I don't suppose any of you have any abilities that can determine that?" But as she did so, she placed her hands on the newly formed wall that the Russian kid created.

[spoiler]She'll send her sensing power into THE VERY WALL ITSELF. See if she can determine how they were on the 77th floor. She'll also try to see if she can get any information on the dimensional flux she felt earlier.[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Seth maintained the flow of magic while at the same time using the affects of the spell himself. Pushing what little life energy and magical essence sensing ability's he had to the limit with the spell. Seth searched the corridors ahead with his mind. He knew he wouldn't get much if anything but even the smallest amount of information might help in the end. If only he had thought to carry his cell phone or something with him he might be able to call Leon for help. although it might not have done anything it still would have been nice all the same.

"He must be totally freaked out right now since I haven't come home I only hope he doesn't get Grandma involved." Rolling his eyes he could only imagine what his family would do if they found out about his new pastime. But first things first he and everyone else had to get out before worrying about any of that stuff.

Lance

The empty, grey hallway seemed amicable enough, if not bland. However, combine that with the now-annoying flashing of the lights overhead and the equally annoying, but dangerous, sparks coming from falling wires and the entire area seemed as hospitable as a war-zone.

"Nice place."

Seeing the others take action then, Nao opted to follow suite. He made his way back to the nearby wall, removing his gloves as he did so. He sighed, shrugged after a brief moment of hesitation, then placed his hand on the thing.

It'd be nice to get a good layout of the place, he thought. Even better, if the attempt doesn't kill me.
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Manzokushi

The chaos had passed for the moment allowing them a brief respite. Jin felt the desire to relax and just head out the door to see his grandfather. Yeah it was a bit clich? but sometimes that was better than the alternative. He had read enough comic books to know what happens to the faithful hero. But after a quick survey of the group none were better equipped to take on the task of moving ahead as he.

His voice drifted through the party like a gentle breeze, ?I will scout up ahead. If any of you should come up with a good exit strategy pass it up. Perhaps our luck will hold out and this can continue to play out as an action film instead of a horror flick. Otherwise I could very well be doomed, going first and all.? A soft chuckle carried on the wind in his passing.

Jin presses forward cautiously moving at a slow pace.

[spoiler]He will continue forward till a significant find drives him back towards the party. [/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Well considering that we are on the 77th floor...exit will be difficult...We'll have to work on getting down stairs first...it's hard to believe that that room might have worked as some sort of elevator...I don't remember going up anywhere..." Book Keeper stands there for a moment, thinking and mumbling. Strange as it is, this almost seems to suit the kid. Suddenly, he breaks out of his thoughts. "I'll go with you, Jin. If anything goes bad, I can heal us. Also, I'm small, so I shouldn't be too obvious for stealth purposes."

It's the least I can do after being so useless in the room... Book Keeper thinks to himself.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[Jin can either converse with Book Keeper or just let me know to continue on]

Hasabushi

QuoteOkay so I'll be introducing some of the damage mechanics in this next scenario. Every character will have a STATUS section that they need to copy and paste into their character response before their post, this is to show that you have read and understand your current status.
SCT = Section of injury/damage.
DMG = Percentage of damage/Type of Damage if known.
ERT = Estimated Recovery/Repair Time.
MND = Condition of mind will and emotions - ranges from CALM to TERRIFIED

Percentage of Damage
01-05% - Laughable - if you complain about this your a big wuss.
06-15% - barely noticable - This is the boo-boo's that mommy use to kiss
16%-25% - uncomfortable - It only hurts if you bump it.
26%-36% - painful - It bothers you enough for it to impede your actions, I wouldn't run any marathons.
37%-47% - lacerated - Yep it's bleeding, I would look for some help or at least a first aid kit.
48%-56% - bleeding level 1 - If you don't stop the bleeding soon it could go to level 2.
57%-70% - bleeding level 2 - See there you didn't listen now look at you, you should get that looked at before level 3.
71%-80% - bleeding level 3 - Okay now your bleeding all over the place this could get nasty.
81%-90% - Missing Limb - Now where did I put that...
91%-100% - Unconscious - Your bleeding to death and have now passed out, please don't run after any tunnels of light. I mean it really stay away from them.
101% + - Hmm time to notify the next of kin.

[catbar][Odie][/catbar]
Your system surges with a overload of information, you relish every second that you are able to maintain contact with the system, almost boarding on a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Your automated defense systems activate countering as much of the overload as possible. But then something happens, something that you cannot analyze or clarify, something appears to be trying to communicate with you, you can almost reach the epicenter of whatever is trying to connect with you, when suddenly the connection is broken and the surge of energy slams into your chasis. You are hurled from the interface to the opposing wall, your back impacts with the hard surface and your optics flare out briefly, while your system attempts to analyze the data.

[STATUS]
Odie is able to talk and to communicate as well as move around, while in this state however any action that requires his optical sensors will be at a extreme disadvantage.

CURRENT DAMAGE:

SCTOptical Sensors (eyes)
DMG27% (IMPACT)
ERT1 hour(s)

Also from now on, Odie should always be analyzing stuff, as this takes time, just give me a list of 5 items that Odie would be analyzing, I'll give you the following to help the process along.

CURRENT ANALYSIS:
Analyzing: Data(entity)(5%)

[catbar][Mind Sense][/catbar]
As you touch the wall, you let your self relax as a sense of calmness overcomes you, you let your senses drift out into the void ahead, allowing them to trace the path of the wall. The walls ahead seeme to reverbrate with some sort of energy you are somehow strangely familiar with. You focus on the energies allowing them to bathe you in their familiarity...

You see a face, its unclear at first but gradually begins to become more opaque as the scene around you seems to dance uncontrollably. The face is smiling that much you are certain of, but something is wrong, horribly wrong it is disfigured, burnt and twisted. 

suddenly the calmness ends now replaced by a sense of dread, you feel trapped as you can feel the heat of intense tongue of flames lapping at your feet, your arms are bound tightly to the walls. You physically scream out as the pain is so great, yet in the severity of the pain you hear something, muffled at first than suddenly clear.

"Czuildsr..", you hear a voice speak,

"Child...save me..up-side down..."

You scream again as the pain intesifies...

All party memebers see Mind Sense scream and writhe as if in pain unable to pull herself from the wall.

[STATUS]
In Pain (No Physical damage)

[catbar][Nao][/catbar]
You place your hand on the wall, it feels cool and metallic to the touch, nothing unusual there. You continue to let yourself examine the surface finding imperfections in its most liklely massed produced layout. The metal seems oddly simple, yet somehow deceptively complex. You stretch out further letting your self become part of the wall, you feel its twists and turns and odd shifts in the design perhaps some color depraved designer's wish to add a splotch of red and blue to break the monotony. Then the surface changes as you let yourself drift even further, it becomes coarse and pitted with tiny holes that seem to move away from your searching. Then suddenly for some inexplicable reason your hear a sound.. wait this can't be right.. cats?

[STATUS]
Healthy

[catbar][Specter - Book Keeper][/catbar]
You were looking forward to drifting in your normal relaxed state to do what you were trained to do, to let your mind go and think things through. After everything that had happened you needed to clear you head, to figure things out, as it were. You sigh as the youngest member of the party looks at you with coke bottle glasses. He smiles briefly than looks away, clearly shy. You were so looking forward to doing this alone. You say nothing but simply nod your head forward, the kid, gleefully though subdued follows your lead.

The hall continues for some feet, then suddenly stops abruptly at a large pulsating chamber, within is what appears to be a figure who oddly enough is bathed in light that flashes white then blue then green, in rapid succession, it almost gives you both a headache. There are no turns or exits as far as you can tell, except back the way you came.

[STATUS]
Healthy

[catbar]Sigil[/catbar]

[STATUS]
Healthy

[catbar][SCENE CONTINUES][/catbar]
"Progress Report from team Alpha sir. Should I put them through?"

"No private I want you to keep me in suspense all day." he stared sarcastically at the young recruit, seeing no response he sighed and then nodded."

"Captain", a face appeared on the screen covered except for his eyes. The pulsating symbol of the commando elite division centered on the forehead of his mask. It was meant to be intimidating, and in this case, it was.

"Sergeant", Virgil responded. "You have a report to make?"

"Yes sir, We've combed the upper levels, it appears the buildings recognition systems are not functioning correctly. Our tech believes that SNTRY has locked itself down. We are currently trying to determine what caused the lock down, besides the obvious of course...sir."

"The Attack?"

"Affirmative.."

"Any survivors Sargent?"

"We cannot confirm nor deny that anyone survived. Sir"

"Understood, I expect hourly reports keep a lookout for our new supers. Command out.", the image phased from the screen. He turned away from screen swiveling his chair around. "Simmons, have established outside communications yet?"

Simmons faced a large screen showing the entire layout of the building, "Not as of yet Captain, but we are working on it. We do however have limited internal communications. One way only. Not sure of the range though captain."

"Understood keep me posted." Edward Virgil rubbed his head, the pain was starting again... he should have stayed in bed.

[catbar][/catbar]