General Questions

Started by Emperor Wilbers, April 10, 2012, 06:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

Okay, so, I'll try to make this all as clear as possible: I'm quite confused about the whole RPing thing. Okay, so, I've heard several things lately about coding my game that I'm making for the forum. I thought that it was supposed to be text-based, and figured that it doesn't need coding since it's basically story-telling. Or is it an actual game? Please give me the whole rundown of what EXACTLY everything is.

Throndir

Perhaps we're mixing different parts of RPs.

First off there's RPs which are roleplays, which is usually the term used for story-telling forum-based rolepalying games.

As for text-based rp, or text-based rp game, that would be the term used for something like Legendary Tales. An actual game project that requires coding.

Lastly, just to clear some misunderstandings, creating a setting/world/story/RP, can eventually be ported into a text-based game pretty easily. Either way, if you want to make a text-based game, you would have to create the story first. Thinking ideas of a setting/world/story/RP only helps facilitate that.

For example, the roleplay that Hasabushi is starting, Dungeon Quester. It won't be too much of a push to eventually convert that for Legendarytales and turn it from an RP into a text-based game.

Emperor Wilbers

Thanks so much! That really helps! :bounce: