Insight Please!

Started by Emperor Wilbers, November 30, 2012, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

I am contemplating getting some sort of device that I can use for everyday stuff. I have narrowed it down to several options, and I need an outside opinion to help me. I would prefer to get something that is Google, because I don't want to hop on the bandwagon and get Apple, and personally, I see more potential in Google than Apple. Here's what I have:

Either Google Nexus 7 (I'm leaning towards the 250 dollar one since I can pay it right now, but I could save for the 300 dollar one, but I think the only difference is storage and adding on a wireless plan thing with At&T, so, preferably, the 250)

Or Google Chromebook (I am leaning towards the Samsung model because I can afford it, but, the website says they are out of stock!)

Here's my thinking: I am leaning towards the tablet for several reasons: The chromebook is just a simple, internet browsing computer. Don't get me wrong, that's exactly what I want, because I don't do anything else on a computer or tablet but use the internet, but still, the tablet has the extra finesse. For example, Google Search (which is proven to be faster than Siri), Portability (weight and size), Processor! (The thing has a Tegra 3 Quad Core Processor, and last time I checked, that's pretty beast! It has great video playback, gaming with apps and stuff, fast browsing,etc.). So far it's leaning towards the tablet, but, I want something that isn't going to be outdated in the next month (In terms of MAJOR changes that would make me be outdated by like 20 years(exaduration)). I also don't want to overlook anything.

So, if you have ANY input please share it. If there are other things that are better than these (besides Kindle, or Nook, cause they really aren't) please share. HELP MEEEEEE!

Emperor Wilbers

This is just an observation: I have noticed that Google Play is CHEAP! Most of the apps on here are free, the movies are well priced, the books are decent (I think), just, amazing! I am falling in love with Google!  :-* I need someone to restrict me from the internet.

Oath

While I don't use either. (do most of my internet stuff at a desktop, if I am on the go or bored I check stuff on my vita and have an old flip phone) I would probably get the tablet. Especially if the one you are looking at has touch capability since on the go a touch screen is amazing. I have no clue what is on the horizon in the tablet market since I don't really follow it too much but if you are buying something that is relatively new there is really no reason to upgrade if a new one comes out as long as the model you have still serves the purpose you bought it for. (This is also why I don't understand the iphone hype)

Emperor Wilbers

I have finally chosen after hours of contemplation that I will buy... Maestro! Drum roll please...

Google Nexus 7! Here's my reasoning: It's just beast! Plain and simple!