Question About Music

Started by Emperor Wilbers, November 11, 2012, 04:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

I was wondering where you would get music for free. Im not talking about illegally downloading "music" off the internet, I am talling about music like... music in youtube videos or in games or something like that. Other than having people make the music, how do you download free music for use? Is it even possible?

Emperor Wilbers

lightspeed15

It's called royalty free music.

For my James Bond movie I'm creating, I'm using songs from http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/

But, since I'm not planning on selling the movie, I can use any song I basically want. Or so I'm told.

The link I gave you is a common site for youtube users.

Emperor Wilbers

Emperor Wilbers

Speaking of the James Bond movie, how is that going?

lightspeed15

Hasabushi

Well even if your not selling it your limited to what music you can use, just look at some of the you tubers out there who got there audio muted just for having ten seconds of a famous song. Any chance we will get to see a teaser of your James Bond movie :D

Hasabushi

Haha oh, wait I reallized I didn't even answer the Emp's question. As far as free music is concerned, like LS said there are a number of Royalty free sites that you can use music from, however I find its best to create your own music using cheap software and a roll up keyboard :D

What type of music are you looking for?

Emperor Wilbers

lol, I already found it. That was a while ago, lol. YES, please give us any types of spoilers for it (movie)

lightspeed15

Still working on the movie and I'm working on the trailer. Since I''m here I just like to say it's really stressful because none of my friends helping me with this school project really know what they're doing so I'm doing a lot of it. Plot (which isn't that deep, mainly wanted it to be a comedy action movie) and editing is all up to me. And casting. That's really annoying. Lots of kids keep asking me to be in it and I really hate to do it, but I reject them all. This is a very small production team and I like it like that. I don't need a bunch of characters lol. Too muc character development.

Hasabushi

That sounds, awesome and yeah a small production team makes it alot easier, less drama to deal with. What software are you using for editing/layout?

Hasabushi

I HAZ HIJACKED DA THREAD!! :D

Emperor Wilbers

Errmm, okay....

Yeah, I know what you mean, that's why I hate group projects.

lightspeed15

Final Cut Pro, the newest one and these cameras: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-CX210-Definition-Handycam-Camcorder/dp/B006K550PY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359515034&sr=1-1&keywords=25x+zoom+video

I think we are using about two or three.

There's this scene where I'm going to be jumping off a fairly high ledge for the movie and I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm thinking about faking the whole thing, but I want to make it legit as well lol :S

Emperor Wilbers

Just do it like in the movies. Get like a 5 foot drop or so, but angle the camera so you can't see the ground so it looks like a cliff. Or, if you are shooting from on the "cliff" then just somehow edit out the ground and add in a background or something.