Guild Wars 2

Started by Throndir, September 16, 2012, 01:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Anyone else here plays it?

Here are some screenshots of my characters.

Great game. It's a lot different from World of Warcraft, and thankfully it's not another WoW clone. I'd go into more detail about it if someone wants me to. :D

mrlemke

My friend told me he plays it, but that's about all I know of it.

Hasabushi

Want to play it, but I have seriously been busy. :(  :D

Throndir

For one thing, plenty of older gamers playing it. Seems more than a couple moved from the first Guild Wars.

What I love about it is that characters are down-leveled when they go to lower level areas. You would normally think it a bad thing - all your levels going poof after all, but actually your character is indeed still strong for that area as they still have the skills to use. It's great if you're playing with others, so you can still go and help them on their quests without them feeling like you're doing all the work, or feeling like they're "dragging you down". Rewards are still pretty decent even when going to low level areas.

mrlemke

Quote from: Throndir on September 18, 2012, 06:58:06 PM
For one thing, plenty of older gamers playing it. Seems more than a couple moved from the first Guild Wars.

What I love about it is that characters are down-leveled when they go to lower level areas. You would normally think it a bad thing - all your levels going poof after all, but actually your character is indeed still strong for that area as they still have the skills to use. It's great if you're playing with others, so you can still go and help them on their quests without them feeling like you're doing all the work, or feeling like they're "dragging you down". Rewards are still pretty decent even when going to low level areas.

I like where this is going.