Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Started by lightspeed15, July 14, 2012, 11:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightspeed15

So, it appears that SquareEnix is creating a remake for the game: http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en

Their description does not say anything about enhanced graphics....BUT....

In the system requirements at the bottom of the page, it says you need to have (the minimum of):
Minimum System Requirements:
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64-bit) ? 2GHz Processor or faster ? 1GB RAM ?
DirectX 9-compatible graphic card

That's all good and cool and whatnot, but don't you think it's very demanding? I mean, consider the game's system requirements for the original PC version:
System: Pentium-133 or equivalent
RAM:32 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 4X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 2 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 260 MB
Mouse: Yes
Sound Board: Yes
DirectX: DirectX v5.1

Back then it needed 2 MB of ram. MEGABYTES!!!! The "rumored" version need 1 GB of ram. GIGABYTE!!! There's 1000 MB in one GB! FTW!

Then the processor, of course, that's also very suggesting...

But what about the sudden upgrade from DirectX v5.1 to DirectX9?? What the hell!

I don't know about you guys, but this screams some sort of enhanced graphics.

Share your thoughts! :)

(panda)

Emperor Wilbers

Thats a little strange. I never knew there was a directx 5.1 i guess there just updating the graphics so the games dont become outdated, because honestly all games should have at least dx 9 by now.

Hasabushi

I'm guessing they are going to completely rewrite the graphics engine, since directx 9-11 uses all kinds of pixel shaders, shadowing, high level AA, etc. Those requirements are based on using shaders so I'm guessing we are looking at a 4gb plus game after install. If they do it right it will be awesome... But why now??

lightspeed15

I'm betting because they want to some how get on the right track and boost sales. Something like that at least!

lightspeed15

What the (insert expletive) are you talking about?! False passports my ass. Hijacking my beautiful topic...banning you now!

Klonam

More excited by the FFX remake to be honest and delete the damn post like I do when I find one on CC forums.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/ffx-hd-is-a-remaster--not-full/1275023?t=1275023&gt=1

Yeah remake is just easier to say.

Hasabushi

Yeah thats just a stupid spam bot lol.  FFX remake? Didn't know about that, for PS3 I'm assuming.

Emperor Wilbers

Quote from: lightspeed15 on July 14, 2012, 09:11:34 PM
What the (insert expletive) are you talking about?! False passports my ass. Hijacking my beautiful topic...banning you now!

What??!

lightspeed15

Lol @emperor. Some bot came and posted a long post about how they sell fake passports. Ask hasabushi! I know he saw it!

Klonam

Quote from: lightspeed15 on July 15, 2012, 01:19:25 PM
Lol @emperor. Some bot came and posted a long post about how they sell fake passports. Ask hasabushi! I know he saw it!

You forgot to delete it...

lightspeed15

I think Hasabushi did...didn't he?

lightspeed15

Well you can't see it so he did.

Isn't the FFX remake for the VIta>

Klonam

Quote from: lightspeed15 on July 15, 2012, 08:33:39 PM
Well you can't see it so he did.

Isn't the FFX remake for the VIta>

QuoteA remaster HD Version of Final Fantasy X was announced at the Sony Press Conference in Japan on September 14, 2011 as part of a 10th anniversary special, and is set to be released on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.

Kazamatta

I miss playin ff7 i havnt played it in years. Even though they remakin it and makin graphics and sound higher quality i think ill still with the old school version.