A Journey to a Fantastical World...

Started by Emperor Wilbers, July 08, 2012, 10:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

Gather round, gather round. Today im going to tell you about the great king Emperor Wilbers! He lived many generations before me and you but the tales of his great deeds were never vanquished by time. You could say that one of the most enjoyable is the story of Hark?r?k, the mighty dragon the Emperor called his loyal 'pet.' Hark?r?k was a very, mysterious beast to say the least, but was a great fighter, and excellent friend. Blasted barnacles would you look at the time. I best be setting off. Ill finish the story later.

Emperor Wilbers

(Imagine this person is an irish seaman who retired to become a peddler who travels from town to town telling all sorts of tall tales, myths, legends, and history.) Is everyone back? Good, good! Alright laddies today we are finishing the story about ol' Hark?r?k. Well, Emperor Wilbers didnt just grow up with a dragon, now did he. That would be silly. He went out adventuring when he had 17 years. He was discouraged for leaving to embark on such a perilous journey: a journey to the deapths of Yarkrim. The infamous cavern of death is notorious for unspeakable things. No one knew of the Emperor's intentions on going there, but all they did know was that he came back with a large egg. It was a hue of light blue. Everone in the kingdom told him to throw the egg back where it came from. The Emperor was a changed man after that. He was so attached to the egg. He was so cryptic, always hiding things, unnecessarily keeping secrets. But, when the egg finally hatched everyone was amazed. A most beautiful creation appeared out of the egg. It was a gentle thing, the dragon, always being careful, never hurting anyone, even the youngns. It was loving too. The Emperor grew out of his strange behavior after the hatching. Hark?r?k was one of the best family members the Emperor could have. Alright kids, thata enough for ome day. Now go get home in time for luncheon or else itl spoil and you wouldnt want that, now would you?

Emperor Wilbers

The peddler watched the kids as they ran off to their homes and chuckled under his breath. He sat down at a picnic table in the Town Square. The sound of the water fountain nearby soothed the weary old peddler. He then slipped into a deep, immeasureable sleep.
The peddler could see only a few feet in front of himself. Everything was dark, with dark green mist surrounding him. He could see a door handle. The peddler pulled the grimy handle and a door opened. He walked forward with no idea of what was in front of him. He kept walking steadily. A faint light started to appear. He walked a little bit faster. He could start to make out the shape of a large blue orb about the size of a small mule. He approached the orb in awe. He hesitated, and then reached his hand out to touch it. Right as he touched it he heard a loud roaring sound and he fell back from the shock of the roar. When he hit the ground he yelled out. His eyes remained closed. In the background there was the slight noise of children playing. He slowly opened his eyes, his head shaking. Just in front of him was his picnic bench. The peddler looked around and started laughing like a madman. He got up and walked away, fervishly flinching his head in different directions to make sure noone saw him.

lightspeed15

Emperor Wilbers

HAHAHAHAHA! I got bored and decided to be creative, so, voila! I'm referencing my profile picture in the posts. lol.