Kingdom of Fraymar

Started by Emperor Wilbers, July 04, 2012, 02:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

LS, Can you explain more about it?

lightspeed15

Well it was suppose to just be my science fair project for my freshmen science teacher, and I ended up making it to like district or something, just one short of state!

I created the game in RPG VX Maker and probably spent like 6 months developing it.

The basic storyline is this:

The story revolves around a young knight by the name of Kazae, who is exceptional within the ranks of the army, already having rose up to the rank of captain. Kazae is assigned by his fair King, King Brenin to go crush a threat that has recently risen in the fellow Kingdom of Abeniel. A man going by the fearsome name of Lord Bane has set up a dictatorial power within the Kingdom, ruling with fear. His only goal is to take over the whole world. As Kazae gains companions and fights off Lord Bane's many attempts to kill Kazae, will he be able to vanquish the threat, and save the world from oblivion?

I never ended up finishing the game, but I did do a complete revamp of the characters and all the mapping and graphics which took me a looong time.

I just released an open-source of it, due to the little interest in the game, it's got quite a good amount of gameplay, at least an hour I believe.

If you believe it or not, this was the site that got me all started on it! I met Hasabushi and Throndir around the time I started my game, and they had given tons of pointers and tips too.

I guess that's it.

Hasabushi made the title screens of the game by the way.

You can check this http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=51028 for more information but it is pretty outdated.

My website is most up-to-date.

:D

Emperor Wilbers

Cool. I tried downloading the game, but it didn't work. Is there another way I can download it?

lightspeed15

Did you download the RPG VX runtime package?

Emperor Wilbers

I guess not. I just followed a link to a downloading website and started downloading it tjere. It said it was an 'open-source' project.

lightspeed15

Well you have to download the run time package as well in order for it to work correctly. You can google that and find the official link

Emperor Wilbers

Thanks. Ill do it when i get back from colorado. Im using my nook right now.

Hasabushi

You thinking about continuing the game LS? Could get a dev team going :D

lightspeed15

A dev team could be possible! :P I'm just not not sure that the game is even that good to have a dev team though!

There's lots of flaws in the storyline, there are annoying mapping errors, and I'm just not sure it's an enjoyable game! :/

I threw in the open source on my site so anyone can continue and finish the game, but I suppose I may or may not finish it. It'd take a lot of my time, because I want to make the end epic.