[Markus] Challenge Ladder

Started by Throndir, May 31, 2016, 08:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

An hour later as the arena was cleared up and you ushered back in, on the other side of the arena was a large creature of some sort. From your point of view, it looked like some sort of pile of flesh and blubber. It looked rotting, though you couldn't quite decide if it was undead or not. The most prominent feature of this rotting blob of flesh was a large and gaping maw filled with sharp teeth. There was a much larger crowd than even last match, and though it wasn't quite as full as during the time the Tournaments ran, it was getting there.

[info]I only subtracted two potions. You didn't need to use the other two. Also you can recover all of your maneuvers again:

Alternately, he may recover his Wisdom modifier in
expended maneuvers (min of 2) as a full round action
that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, centering
his spirit completely to re-align his perceptions of the
battle and change his place in it.

Also confirming, what did you spend your Ki points on again?

Roll perform and initiative![/info]

QuoteLog
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes
[spoiler]Player: Indifferent[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 0[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used
[spoiler]Player: [/spoiler]

Refreshes Remaining: 5

Dan-e

Spent Ki on the following manuevers in the previous fight:
  Solar Sting
  Intercepting Shade
  Half-Gone

Perform [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 15 + 4, total 19[/blockquote]
Initiative [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 5 + 8, total 13[/blockquote]

Dan-e

[info]Whoops, perform modifier should have been +6 on that last role![/info]

Throndir

[info]Hmm, I must be missing something, I'm not seeing where you are using ki, can you paste the exact text that says you have to use up Ki points for activating the stalker maneuvers?

Player to take turn.[/info]

Dan-e

My fault, I incorrectly believed that maneuvers cost Ki. I was unable to find evidence of this in the book though :)
[info]Markus gets into "Stance of Piercing Rays"[/info]
Markus launches "Solar Sting" at two squares the beast is on, as well as the two squares directly in front of it.[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 5 + 11, total 16[/blockquote]

Throndir

[info]Markus to roll two attack rolls for the caltrops, and damage rolls[/info]

The creature saw the caltrops dropped, but it paid them no mind as it proceeded to step right over them.

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.

[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 0[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used

Dan-e

atk1
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
atk2
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 16 + 3, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Throndir

The glob of flesh ran straight into the caltrops, stepping on a few o f them in the process. It still continued tying to move as fast as it can towards you.

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Player uses Solar Sting.
Enemy moves, takes 1 damage from caltrops and is slowed. Enemy is 65 ft. away.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 0
Enemy: 1, affected by caltrops[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used

Dan-e

"Whew, glad to have slowed it down a little... I think!" Markus said forcing a smile "Yeah I know Charles, this doesn't look good for us, but at least we'll have more time to make it angry before it eats us!"

Markus loads the crossbow and fires another bolt using the "Horizon Wind Lancet" maneuver to add an additional 1d6 of damage.
atk:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 12 + 11, total 23[/blockquote]
dmg:[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 7 + 1, total 8[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4[/blockquote]

Dan-e

I rolled the additional 1d6 for the lesser crystal and the maneuver but forgot the third 1d6 for the stance so that's the roll below: [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Throndir

You took aim and fire off your crossbow as the large creature continued moving towards you in its slow run. The projectile hit its mark, but you notice that the piercing effect of the your bolt simply lodged itself into the mass of blubber, and didn't really seem to do anything much in particular. However, you do clearly see the fire damage from your crystal take effect. The fire was only light, and the creature moved as if ignoring the slight pain.

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Player uses Solar Sting.
Round 1 ends, round 2 begins
Player attacks and deals 3 fire damage.
Enemy runs 40 ft. Enemy is 25 ft. away.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
Enemy: 4, affected by caltrops[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used

Dan-e

"Well this certainly looks like it may end badly again for us Charles my boy! I hope being eaten isn't as traumatic of an experience for you now as it used to be!"

[info]Markus changes stance to Inner Sphere Stance for +2 AC and +2 to will saves[/info]

"Although being eaten still stings quite a bit so maybe it is not the best of strategies for us to employ... I wonder what it will take to really slow this creature down?!"

Markus takes sight and fires one more bolt at the creature
atk[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 5 + 11, total 16[/blockquote]
dmg[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 8 + 1, total 9[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote]

"Haha Charles, you are clever, however I doubt this creature would be efficiently distracted by our disguised audience member performance! I think that act might need a little more work before we try to find another willing participant for the combat arenas anyway!"

Throndir

You shot off your crossbow again, however, just like before, you notice that the bolt simply lodged itself into the fat of the creature, and didn't seem to do any damage. At the very least, the crystal's effect took hold again, and see a bit of the flames bite at the creature.

The slab of rotten flesh continued its slow charge at you, but it was already getting close, and you prepared as yourself as the creature closed the gap and moved its maw to attack you. However, its long charge and slow movements made it predictable, and as it struck forward, you easily stepped out of the way.

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Player uses Solar Sting.
Round 1 ends, round 2 begins
Player attacks and deals 3 fire damage.
Enemy runs 40 ft. Enemy is 25 ft. away.
Round 2 ends, round 3 begins.
Player attacks and deals 2 damage.
Enemy charges 20 ft. and attacks, but misses.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Player
Enemy[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
Enemy: 6, affected by caltrops[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used

Dan-e

"Well we can certainly see that it doesn't seem to like fire from the bolts..." Markus trailed off

[info]Markus drops the crossbow and draws his rapier and whip-dagger then activates the "Dizzying Venom Prana" maneuver for his attack.(Boost - Next attack inflicts 2 points of Wisdom damage and staggers foe)[/info]

"so let's see how it feels about the cold from the steel!" he finished as he lunged at the beast.

Markus attacks with his rapier
atk:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 17 + 11, total 28[/blockquote]
dmg:[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+8 : 1, 3 + 8, total 12[/blockquote]

Dan-e

Crit confirm for rapier if relevant:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 11 + 11, total 22[/blockquote]