[Daniel] Trainer Battle: Movie Star

Started by Throndir, February 09, 2016, 03:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Daniel only.[/info]Walking through town, you saw a crowd gather around a particularly muscular man. He seemed to be flexing for the crowd to see, with the stupidest grin you've ever seen. Some Pokemon beside him too flexed for the crowd, you assumed them to be his. The crowd seemed to like the show, if it could be called one, some even clapped as they watched.

"That's him!" Said one onlooker.

"Definitely...! Its Mr. Willis! I've seen his movies a million times."

"Yes! These muscles! Ohhhh man my muscles!" Mr. Willis said. "My Pokemon too!" He grinned as he flashed a toothy smile.

"Watch how strong they are." He scanned the crowd, until finally having his eyes focus on you.

"You there! I'll give you the honors of battling Mr. Willis!" He said as he recalled his Pokemon back into their balls, then shortly after pulled out another Pokeball.

Linwelin

Who the heck is this guy...? Both Daniel, and Bolt riding on his backpack with his head resting on top of Dan's, tilted their heads a little in confusion. "Well, I don't really get what the fuss is about, but if you want a battle, then I'm game." Dan drew a ball of his own from his belt, then released his first Pokemon.

"Come on out, Crusty!" Dan calls as a Krabby appears, ready for battle.

[info]Dan calls out Crusty.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"A Krabby! I had one of those for breakfast!" He laughed as he started to flex out of habit. He pulled out a Pokeball and released his Pokemon.

"Alright, Punch, show him your muscles!"

[error]Punch will use Bulk Up[/error]
QuoteLeague battle rules.

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Punch: 13
Dan: 9
Crusty: 8
Movie Star Willis: 5[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Punch:
Dan:
Crusty:
Movie Star Willis: [/spoiler]

Linwelin

Eesh a Hitmonchan...I probably shouldn't have sent out Crusty into such a rough match. This guy may be tough. Dan grimaced to himself. The man seemed foolish enough that he figured him to be a push-over. But that was not the case. Well, too late now, may as well see how she fairs.

"Alright Crusty! Use Vicegrip on that Hitmonchan!"

[info]Crusty uses Vice Grip.

[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+22 : 3, 4 + 22, total 29[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[error]Punch uses Bulk up.[/error][okay]Crusty uses Vice Grip and deals 22 damage.[/okay]
~ Round 2 ~

"Alright Punch, you can take that! You're a real man!" He called out cheering for his Hitmonchan. "Now Punch... punch it!"

[error]Punch will use Struggle.[/error]
QuoteInitiative Order

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Punch:
Dan:
Crusty:

Linwelin

"Great hit, Crusty! Follow up with another Vice Grip!" With the Hitmonchan winding up to attack, Dan was worried. But he trusted that Crusty's tough shell would protect it for one attack at least.

[info][blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+22 : 4, 3 + 22, total 29[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The Hitmonchan lunged towards the Krabby, but the Krabby just moved slightly, and Punch completely missed.

[okay]Punch misses.
Crusty uses Vice Grip and deals 22 damage and 1 injury.[/okay]

~ Round 3 ~

"Punch Man!" The movie star grimaced. "You missed! Hit him like you did in The Invincibles Part 3!"

[error]Punch will use Struggle.[/error]
QuoteInitiative Order

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Punch: 44, 1 injury (-1 SDEF)
Dan:
Crusty:

Linwelin

Daniel falters at the miss. The man was pretty intimidating, but this was...well, underwhelming. Are these two for real? And he seemed to have a bunch of people cheering him on, I thought he'd be a big deal.

Dan shakes off his disappointment, realizing that this could be the first of many Pokemon. "Crusty, we've got him on the ropes, use another Vice Grip!"

[info][blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+22 : 2, 6 + 22, total 30[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[error]Punch uses Struggle and deals 20 damage.[/error][okay]Crusty uses Vice Grip and deals 23 damage and knocking out Punch.[/okay]

~ Round 4 ~

"Return." The movie star had a frowning face as he recalled back Hitmonchan. "If punching can't beat you, how about some kicking? Alright Kick its your turn!"

"Show him your amazing leg muscles!"

[error]Kick will use Bulk Up.[/error]
QuoteInitiative Order
[spoiler]Kick: 15
Punch: 13

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Kick:
Punch: 64, 2 injury (-1 SDEF, ?)
Dan:
Crusty: 20

Linwelin

"Did you seriously name your Pokemon after their martial moves?" Dan was at a loss. It was like this man's brain was less of an important organ and more of a mass of muscle. However, that last hit from 'Punch' did a number on Crusty. He knew any further combat would be futile.

"Crusty, great work! Return!" Daniel figured that he had a good chance to swap Pokemon out with this switch. He decided it was a good chance to give another of his less-experienced Pokemon some action. "Come on out, Rue!" Daniel called enthusiastically as he released his Petilil to the field.

[info]Daniel swaps out Crusty for Rue. I don't think I get a Command with this kind of switch, but if I do, she'll use Growth. If not, I'll be using Absorb next round.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[error]Kick uses Bulk Up[/error]"Why yes!" The movie star said matter-of-factly. "I'm glad you noticed, Kick here can kick the best!"

~ Round 5 ~

"Alright Kick. See that small green Pokemon? Kick it!" He grinned as gave his Hitmonlee a thumbs up.

[error]Kick will use Rolling Kick.[/error]
QuoteInitiative Order
Movie Star Willis: 5
Rue: 3[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Kick:
Dan:
Movie Star Willis:
Rue: [/spoiler]

Linwelin

After the last Pokemon's series of struggling punches, Dan was surprised that this one was using a proper move. Maybe now things would be more serious. "Rue, counter that with an Absorb, just like we practiced with Bolt!" If Rue received damage, she would use Absorb point-blank to injure her foe, and recover from some of the damage. If she dodged the strike, even better!

[info]Rue uses Absorb!
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+20 : 8 + 20, total 28[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[error]Kick uses Rolling Kick dealing 32 damage and 2 injuries.
Rue flinched![/error]

~ Round 6 ~

"Good job! Those muscles hurt, am I right?" He laughed shortly, and commanded his Pokemon again. "Follow up with another kick!"

[error]Kick will use Rolling Kick.[/error]
QuoteInitiative Order

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Kick:
Dan:
Movie Star Willis:
Rue: 32, 2 injuries (-1 SPD, -1 DEF)[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Rue! Are you alright!?" Dan hadn't expected the hit to be that effective. This Pokemon was a much more serious opponent, and Rue might not make it through. But he had to try.

"Rue, I know that was a rough hit, but steady yourself! use Absorb!"

[info]Last ditch effort QQ

[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+20 : 3 + 20, total 23[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[error]Kick uses Rolling Kick dealing 27 damage and 1 injuries.
Rue has fainted![/error]"Hahahaha!" The movie star began flexing his muscles as the kick landed a solid blow. "That little shrub didn't stand a chance!"

[info]Dan to select new Pokemon.[/info]
QuoteInitiative Order

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Kick:
Dan: