Trainer Battle: Painter

Started by Throndir, January 18, 2016, 08:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Corey only and anyone who gets his permissions (max 1 other trainer).[/info]
[spoiler=Open/Close for music]http://www.youtube.com/v/UGayTMhG3_E&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

"Ah! You there. You look like the perfect specimen. Now stand still while I paint!"

Linwelin

Corey grinned at the remark of the young woman before him. Finally, someone has recognized my greatness! That I am not a weakling! That I can fight back! It's a good day.

"Me? Painted? Well, I guess I don't really have any place to be." Corey stands still at the girl's offer. "So? What do you want me to do...uh, who are you?" He says in slight confusion after being flustered at the request.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Strike a pose! Be fabulous!" She paused as she brought out a Pokeball and shortly after sent it out.

"As for who I am, I am the greatest artist in the world!"

[info]You can roll some sort of social skill check if you want to 'pose'.[/info]

Linwelin

Corey smiles smugly. "I like your style!"

As requested, he flicks his hair dramatically, then brings out a pokeball of his own. "Come on out, Chomps! Pose with me for the greatest artist in the world!"

Chomps comes out of the ball, looking at Corey in a bit of confusion.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Magnificent! The greatest artist in the world shall now show you her speed-painting skills!" With a practiced motion she began to paint. She was fast at her work, but yet the quality remained high. True to her word, she was done within minutes. She turned the portrait around and on it was a magnificent, almost photo-realistic picture of you, your Pokemon, and even a highly detailed background. Yet at the same time, if one were to look close sly, it was noticeable that this was indeed a painting rather than a photograph.

"Now fess up $600 for the services." She demanded, rather annoyingly as well.

"Or let's battle for it." She placed a thoughtful finger to her lower lip.

"If you win, you can have this painting, but if I win, you'll work as my assistant for the rest of the day!"

Linwelin

Corey had not expected to be demanded a service charge for being requested as a model. "Wait a moment! You asked for me to model! If anything, you owe me for my time. We're most certainly battling over this!"

I'll teach HER for trying to gyp ME! The great Corey Grieve!
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Oh please! As if you think the greatest artist in the world would offer her services free of charge. What a silly thing!" Her Smeargle moved in front as the painter moved a short distance away.

"Mr. Brushes, make that man my new assistant!"

QuoteLeague battle.
Corey to give commands to Chomps.

Initiative Order:
[spoiler]Chomps
Greatest Artist in the World
Corey Grieve
Mr Brushes
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"At least warn people when you're going to charge them, cheapskate!" Corey fires back, wondering if this girl was being devious, or actually was clueless to how backwards this scenario was.

"Chomps, let's show off that strength training! Clamp Mr. Brushes with a Bite attack!"

[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  3d6+25 : 6, 6, 5 + 25, total 42[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Sketch that Mr Brushes!" The artist responded.

Chomps dashed forward, landing a clean bite attack.

[okay]Mr Brushes takes 32 damage.[/okay]Mr Brushes retaliated and proceeded to pull out a notebook and used its tail to sketch something in it.
QuoteInitiative Order:
[spoiler]Chomps
Greatest Artist in the World
Corey Grieve
Mr Brushes
[/spoiler]

Damage Taken
[spoiler]Chomps: 0
Mr Brushes: 32, 2 injuries (-ATK, -SDEF)[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Corey watched excitedly as Chomps landed a near-flawless hit with his Bite attack, then grinned as the Smeargle began sketching the move instead of aggressively retaliating. "That's the way, Chomps! Keep it up! Bite again!"

Corey then remarked, "This is as good as done..." But seeing the battle be so one-sided felt...wrong. It didn't sit right with him, and his grin faltered slightly as the adrenaline tapered off.

QuoteChomps uses Bite.

[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  3d6+25 : 5, 3, 1 + 25, total 34[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Mr. Brushes! No!" The artist said as she began to sob. It was hard to tell whether or not her tears were sincere or fake as she was doing it in a very dramatic way.

"Oh woe is me! How could the Greatest Artist in the World succumb to defeat so easily? Lost to perhaps the Most Plain Main in the World!" She continued crying as she neared. Making it to her painter's stand, she quickly replaced the canvas with a fresh one, and furiously started painting again. Soon enough an image of her Smeargle lying on the ground formed. The tones were dark and desaturated colors gave the entire painting an almost somber look.

"You! Mr. Plain, we shall meet again, and it is I who will win!" She exclaimed, stopping her tears as if by command. A moment later she recalled her Pokemon back into its Pokeball.

That done she began crying by command again, trying to run up the path away from you. Her plan was simple; to disappear into the sunset.

She didn't realize it at that time, but all her gear were still standing on the road.

Linwelin

Most Plain Man in the World? Sheesh, talk about harsh. I'm not that- Corey looked down at himself, He was currently wearing a blue and black vest, a black shirt, and jeans. ...Oh. When she pointed at Corey, he looked at her with surprise toward her sudden aggressiveness. "To do that, you'll need to do more training and less painting! For the 'Greatest Artist in the World', your Pokemon was unprepared and unfit."

He then watched her run away in commanded tears. Into the sunset. Without any of her things. And without a payout besides the painting. Watching her run further, he decided to take a seat on her stool and look over her things. It wasn't for a little while that he noticed she wasn't running back any time soon.

Odd woman... Corey smiled at the strange sight running from him.

"Well Chomps, that wasn't a very exciting victory. I almost felt like a bully. That's not how I want to feel." Corey said with conviction. So he pulled out one of her pens and a piece of paper, leaving her a note.

I hate bullying. Especially people who don't
deserve it. And after that, I felt like I was a
bully. It wasn't that I didn't wish to pay, I just
don't like being forced into such things. It's a
great painting, you have talent to be able to
bring out Chomps' and my gloriousness. I may
have won, but that hardly earns this. So
let's say that victory won me...half price.

-The Greatest Plain Man, Corey Grieve

[error]Corey leaves $300[/error]
Corey places this note on the easel, and puts $300 into one of her nearby bags, then steps away to watch over her stuff until she returns. He did his best to hide with the painting he earned and paid for. It was rare for Corey to buy anything like this, but even thieves have a code. He looked over it approvingly for a moment. "Glorious...definitely going on my wall." It would remind him of one of his first battles with his good buddy Chomps for all his life.

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

Quote[blockquote]Stealth Roll if Necessary:  3d6+2 : 1, 1, 4 + 2, total 8[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[okay]+2 Trainer Exp to Corey
+$600 to Corey
+Exp to Chomps

Resolving shortly[/okay]