Legendary Tales

Started by Emperor Wilbers, April 14, 2012, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

I was on the wiki and the website recently(for LT) and I have a few questions. The posts are from 2009! I realize that it died but doesn't anybody get on every once in a while? Are we the only ones left in the LT community? Who technically "owns" LT and if we are the only ones, then would Throndir or Hasabushi be considered the owner, or leader, or figurehead?

Is this the most active LT has been in quite a while, because it sure seems so? Is there a possibility to liven up LT and its community? If there is, are we currently on an upward slope towards that?

Thanks

Throndir

Humangus is the owner and developer of LT. I just happen to be an ex-mod of the forums (didn't feel like continuing it) as well as the only one who pretty much still checks it. Since I understand the LT community is near death, I've been redirecting users from LT to this one. Though I still make it a point to reply as well as help out those who do post in the LT forums.

Hasabushi and I are probably the last two LT members who have enough knowledge and experience with the engine to make something as well as answer questions. Can't say for Has, but I'd still be glad helping in scripting for your guys' projects.

Kazamatta

Once I get my own site up and running im thinking about advertising LT for those who would like to create thier own TBRPG's. It might help bring people back into it, or maybe it wont, but never hurts to try. I also would like to advertise FWC as a really good roleplaying forum i talked to a few people they said whenever they get soome free time theyll check it out and probly join up also.

Emperor Wilbers

Cool, make sure to put in the Announcements board when the site is up.  ;D

Kazamatta

mrlemke

Unless Humangus makes it open source (so it can be further improved), I don't see a point into advertising LT. Humangus doesn't seem to care anymore about it, so if we can't improve it ourselves then we should start an open source version for the community's use.

Hasabushi

mrlemke

I don't know Java, but I am familiar with enough with Visual Basic 6/2010, Ruby, Python, and C in order to work on it in any one of those. I wouldn't have a problem learning Java if that's what everyone would prefer.

I would prefer Python and to make it cross-platform. Although, there's also Free Pascal and Lazarus, which is a VB6-like Pascal RAD tool. I don't have much experience with it yet (although I'm probably going to start building all my GUI software in this, I don't care for writing GUIs by hand), but it is cross platform and it supports simple GUI building. And by simple, I mean you don't have to be a UI/UX designer to use it.

Lazarus also has Delphi and Turbo Pascal support if anyone is familiar with that. Oh, and it's actually compiled so it's not as slow as other languages.

Lazarus

Hasabushi

Python would work its easy to write scripts for it so mods would be very simple to produce. Lazarus looks interesting, LISP would probably work as well though not as adaptable as Python.

mrlemke

LISP would be a pain, initially to find something that can deploy cross platform and support Windows development and later on to find people to actually develop for it.

I think Python may end up being the best option. I would have to mess with Lazarus some more before I could make a more qualified opinion.

Throndir

If you guys plan to do something like this, I'd love to help. It'll be another to add to my rather lacking resume, lol.