[IC] Feast of Thanks

Started by Throndir, November 22, 2012, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The eve of the Feast of Thanks that happened just once a year started with the whole entirety of the guild enjoying rows upon rows of food magically prepared for them by the guild leader and his array of chefs. Colorful lights and streamers decorated the interior hall of the guild. Even outside the guild, to the general populace of the city of Ternadan, the people celebrated the day by hanging up banners and lighting tall torches right outside each building.

In every home and building a feast was going on as friends and family took their time to enjoy each others' company. The demand for food on this day was always staggering, already the poor shopkeeper of the store D' n D' licious was near out of stock. In fact a few entrepreneurs even attempted to magically enhance and create food just to supply the demand.

Now, one such entrepreneur, a wizard with some talent, managed to replicate and duplicate various turkeys, effectively increasing their number. The first few sets proved to be a success, so this wizard went on and on creating more life from just a single being. Soon enough he had hundreds of them. And soon enough, he had hundreds of problems to deal with.

The turkeys, though docile at first, suddenly became more enraged, meatier, and powerful. It didn't take long for the horde of magically altered turkeys to overcome the poor wizard, running over him and pecking the poor man with their beaks. They rampaged across all of the city, and even now, as the Feast of Thanks came into full swing, a horde of turkeys lay in wait.

A single voice erupted loudly during the celebration the Guild of Galas'nor was having.

"Guild! We're under attack!" And so it seemed, and so it was true. Right outside their gates were hundreds of them; turkeys. Not just any turkeys mind you, but
enraged, magically altered, and certainly evil turkeys.

[spoiler]You may choose to participate or not. Exp for this event is not party shared. Killing blows grant exp. This event will last until around Sunday 6 PM PST when it ends and this thread will be locked. Kill as many turkeys as you can.

Each turkey will grant 20 exp regardless of level adjustment or any other factors that might change exp.
Active posters will find themselves swarmed with turkeys. Regular posting order/initiative rules apply (not the official one, the one I made up), with the change that turkeys may not always use their freely granted turn to the best of their abilities.

Death shouldn't be common, but it can possibly happen.

Close spoiler to end music.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/P3Su4zkLIcg&autoplay=1
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Oath

"Well, from the looks of it we will be feasting for weeks! Don't let a single turkey leave the guild hall alive!"

I approach the closest turkey to me, and let a mighty blow loose from my blade. "None shall survive, and who better to kill the first than me?!"

[spoiler]{Attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22[/blockquote]

If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 1 + 3, total 4[/blockquote] [/spoiler]

Eireleen

"You're kidding, right?" Branwen stared at the turkeys as though they were a bad joke. Seriously. Turkeys?

"Do forgive me if the birds are not left in an edible condition." She said, her gloved hand glowing green as a mote of boiling acid formed in her palm. "I dislike turkey meat, anyway."

With a wave of her finger, the green sphere flew outward towards an unfortunate bird.

[spoiler]Branwen casts Acid Splash at G-21
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12[/blockquote] vs Touch AC for [blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 3, total 3[/blockquote] damage[/spoiler]

Throndir

As the encounter started, one of the birds was already down. An orb of acid sped forth to one of the turkeys, but with almost strange cunning and reflexes, the turkey managed to dodge right out of the way as it literally back-flipped in the air.

Reaching Ryine one of the turkeys jump straight at him.

[spoiler]Attack:
[spoiler][blockquote]Evil turkey peck 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Anyone

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Branwen
Acid Splash (Level 0)

Party HP
Ryine: 13/13,
Branwen: 9/9,
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler][blockquote]Crit confirm 1d20+4 : 16 + 4, total 20[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal was not about to go dawdling around slicing off the heads of a few turkeys just for the fun of it. The only reason he is participating is for his progression in his goal. He expects to reach a certain, level of superiority, sometime in the future, and what other place to start then killing turkeys? He must seize every opportunity he had to advance ahead of the main party.

Then, without hesitation, he charged forward, prepared to attack. He readied his sword in his right hand, and readied his magic in his left.

As he was approaching a demonic turkey he prepared a spell, and shot at it. [spoiler]Cast Inflict Light Wounds: [1d8+1] 7 = 7 + 1 = 8[/spoiler]

Directly after the spell he took his word, jumped up, twisted around, and slashed at the evil turkey. [spoiler]I'm not sure if there are any modifiers, so if you could figure that in, that would be helpful.  [1d20] 13 = 13, if hit: [1d6] 5 = 5[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Going to have to split up your actions Emperor.

Round 1: Move closer (move action), Cast Inflict Light Wounds (standard action)
Round 2: Touch Attack against any nearby Turkey (standard action), draw weapon (move action)[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

[spoiler]Coolio. I forgot again. -_-[/spoiler]

Throndir

Saendal rushes forward, then begins casting a spell. His hands glowing with negative energy he prepares for any of the turkeys to near him.

[spoiler]Attack:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]

Damage Dealt

Kills
Ryine: 1
Branwen:
Saendal:

Branwen
Acid Splash (Level 0)

Saendal
Inflict Light Wounds (Level 1)

Party HP
Saendal: 4/4,
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Bootman

(Heya, i'll do a more RP-type post with Kassie later. For now, let's just assume she's a part of the guild and killing Turkey)

Kassadin rushed in towards the nearest Turkey, charging into the square of H8, her sword already in mid swing half way through. "Allow me to take care of the carving!"

[spoiler]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 10 + 6, total 16[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+6 : 1, 2 + 6, total 9[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Neko

Although Sophie had been enjoying the festivities along with everyone else, she also took it upon herself to make sure the guild grounds were nice and clean! She had been sweeping up just outside, when the sound of someone in distress caught her attention. Along with the others, she had taken her place near the gates to stop the evil turkeys...Sophie also had a hard time holding back laughter at the site of them. Evil turkeys? Haha~.

Sophie moved toward the nearest turkey, and in one swift motion sent a dagger flying toward it.

[spoiler]

Attack [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 3 + 3, total 6[/blockquote]
If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

[/spoiler]

Throndir

Kassadin halved the great beast in two. It lay still as the turkey crumbled into peices. Meanwhile, daggers had flown from Sophie, though the knife missed its mark.

[spoiler]Attack:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]

Damage Dealt

Kills
Ryine: 1
Branwen:
Saendal:
Kassadin: 1
Sophie Cain:

Branwen
Acid Splash (Level 0)

Saendal
Inflict Light Wounds (Level 1)

Party HP
Saendal: 4/4,
Kassadin: 10/10,
Sophie Cain: 5/5,
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Bootman

Kassadin grinned at Sophie. "Looking forward to cleaning up this mess later?" Then she practially leaps forward to bring her blade down on the next turkey. Despite the fact that they were just walking food, in these numbers they could possibly... uh... annoy tourists. And as a member of the guild, she couldn't let that happen!

[spoiler]
Charge attack, moving to G9 and attacking the turkey at H9

Attack: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 13 + 7, total 20[/blockquote]

Damage: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+5 : 1, 6 + 5, total 12[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Eireleen

With an annoyed look, Branwen formed another mote of acid in her palm. "I cannot believe I am wasting my talents on mere poultry..." She mutters, throwing yet another acid splash at the turkey directly in front of her. "Just die quickly so that I can forget that you ever existed."

[spoiler]Acid Splash vs F-21
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 11 + 4, total 15[/blockquote] vs Touch AC for [blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 2, total 2[/blockquote] Acid damage[/spoiler]

Neko

Sophie stuck her tongue out at Kassadin in a playful manner, before trying once again to take down a turkey. She threw her dagger straight ahead.

[spoiler]

Attack [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 13 + 3, total 16[/blockquote]
If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

[/spoiler]