Background (DR)

Started by Kazamatta, September 09, 2012, 06:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazamatta

You were married to the most beautiful, kind hearted and wonderful women. You were a fighter, a valiant one at that. After defeating the strongest, the toughest, of all the lands you became a hero to most. Though fighting against them put you upon the verge of death. As you lay bleeding on a medical center bedroll, a young lady walked in. She stood 5 foot high, with long dirty blonde hair hanging down to her waist, she had bright blue eye that put the stars and the sky to shame. Bright cherry red lip and the most fair and smooth  skin you had ever seen. You were captivated by her appearance and could not help but ask her name as she tended to you wounds. She smiled, a smile that seemed to make you forget all about your pain, a smile that soothed you. Then see spoke, her voice soft and caring, she said, "My name is Shiva."

You use to go see everyday and bring her gifts and just sit and listen as she spoke of all types of things and people. After two months you finally became brave enough to ask her for her hand in marriage. She covered her face and then threw her arms around you and said gently, "Yes." Two days later you married and and you took her back to your small cottage in the outskirts of the Capital City. You remembered once being told by her that she had always wished to live in a house in the country somewhere like her sister does. The next day the two you set of to see her sister, Janice in the country just outside the outskirts of the Town of Tarmitar.

After 3 days travel you arrived at her sisters house. Janice and her husband, Joeleth sat on the front porch and once the two of you came into sight Janice and Shiva ran to one another, estatic to see each other once more. Shiva introduced you to both her Janice and Joeleth. You shook hands with Joeleth who said he had heard a lot of talk about you and things you've completed. Janice just smiled and said she has never seen her sister so happy and she is nothing but grateful for bringing her all that way to see her. You tell the three you will be back in a little while that you gonna walk up to the nearby town to check some things out. You kiss you wife and then leave.

After a few hours you arrive at the town and you begin searching for who might own that country home near where Janice and Joeleth live, then you find a shop with the name Joeter the House Owner. You walk in and are greeted by Joeter you speak of the house and he says yes I can sell it to you for 5000 gold. You hand him the gold he hand you the ownership papers and a key. Smiles and ask if there is anything else. You reply no and leave heading back to see your wife and tell her the news.

You begin to walk down the road again and a man with a horse a carriage stops and ask if he can give you a ride to your destination. You nod and climb aboard the front of the carriage where the man is sitting. After about 2 and half hours you arrive back at where you wife is. You tell the man thank you and him 10 gold for the ride. He rufuses the payment and says, "payment is unneeded I was heading the same way." You tell him thank you and walk away.

Upon arriving back you wife comes out to greet you. The sun is setting behind you and you call for Janice and Joeleth to come outside. They walk up to you and you tell them that you have some news. You look at Shiva and say, "I remember once being told by you that always dreamed of a living a peaceful life in the country. My days of fighting are over and I saw this house further down the road and thought you might like it." You ask for the three of them to follow you. As you four arrive at the house you ask Shiva what she thinks of it. She looks at it then looks at you and says, "Its what I dream of. Though would we be able to...." She stops speaking when you take her hand and place the key in it. You look at her and say, "Well here is the key for it. I purchased it for us and will have all of our stuff brought to it." Shiva's eyes tear up, she tries to speak but can say nothing. She throws her arms around you gives you a kiss and looks at her sister who smiles and says, " I'm so happy we are close now. We can spend time together."

You create a life for the two of you. You grow crops and sell and trade in nearby towns to get by. Then, four years later that dreadful day came. The day that all is lost. The day your wife was murdered. Janice's husband gambled more than he had and ran back to his house. You wife was there and the men that Joeleth owed lit torches and burned the house down. As soon as you see the smoke a man rides his horse up to you in the fields you tending to. He tells you what just happened you run inside grab you sword and take the horse riding as fast as you can you head towards the house. As you get to it you see three men racing away down a path to the south. You chase them and when they notice you behind them they stop and draw their weapons. You stop get off the horse and draw you sword. They laugh when you say they killed your wife and now they themselves will die. They say you cant beat all three of them and say your wife deserved it for being around them. Then the three charge you and you quickly slay each of them.

You drop your sword and get back the horse ride back to Janice's house and try to get in to see if maybe Shiva is still alive but the fires are blazing. They cover every entrance there is no way in. You drop to your knees tears falling down your face. You stay until nothing but burning rubble is left. You stand and slowly walk back to your house. You sit down on your sofa and stare at the picture of Shiva sitting on your table. Tears roll down your face and you stare at the picture until you pass out.

Two months after the murder of your wife a man, with the looks of the royal guard, comes to your house. He says the Emperor needs to see you. You stop, look at him and say okay let me change. Five minutes later the two of you leave and head for the Capital City. You are brought directly to the throne room where Emperor Tegmatau waits. As you enter he says, "We are in need of a warrior such as yourself one than can help defend this land from the force that threatens it. Will you once again rise to fight?" You look at him and get down on one knee, bow your head and pledge you allegiance to him and vow to defend this land. He then says, "Good. Now rise young warrior and begin you journey." He speaks some more to you and then you head home. To rest before you long journey ahead.