Chapter 2A - The Jewels of Beenleigh

Started by pringerbeam, February 19, 2017, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

"Of course." Ilsa said, giving a nod. She was uncomfortable enough dealing with socialites in general, Robert's lascivious advances made it doubly off-putting.

[info]Ilsa will go with Annalise and Jonathan to the market, making sure to get her weapons back from the Beenleigh servant from earlier.[/info]

pringerbeam

"Of course m'lady, wherever you go I follow."  Jonathan says, sounding eager to remove the two of you from the presence of Robert.  The Beenleigh brothers give you the address and see you off as you leave their residence.  In the time you were in the Beenleigh home the smog has further descended to become the infamous pea souper of London.  It is difficult to see more than a few yards ahead through the thick smog and if it were not for the people going about their business in the streets you would have found yourselves completely lost.  However, you are able to make your way to the markets nonetheless.  The market still quite busy desite the press of the fog, commerces waits not for better atmosphere.  You find yourselves before the Ass' Yoke public house.  Street stalls line the road offering all kinds of foodstuffs and vendors bark out their wares.

Asta

"What an unpleasant brume..." Ilsa said to no one in particular. The low viability was obnoxious, but at least they had found their destination. With luck, this Henry would know something of use.

[info]Ilsa is keeping an ear out for any signs of someone tailing them/threats approaching. Whenever Annalise is ready to go into the pub, she'll follow.

Perception+2 for Acute Hearing
[blockquote]Rolled 7d6 : 6, 5, 4, 4, 1, 6, 2, total 28[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

[info]exploding 6s
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

Annalise stepped out into the street, feeling sorry for the people that need to work in this blanket of fog. There seemed to be a lot going on in front of the pub, but they were here for business and not for pleasure. "Shall we?" She proceeds into the Ass' Yoke. Scanning the room to see if she spots Henry, and if not, asking the barkeep or another employee if he has been in.

[info] Perception
[blockquote]Rolled 4d6 : 1, 4, 5, 1, total 11[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

The pub is doing good business and is rather full of patrons comming in for a nip of drink and a reprieve from the choking smog outside.  Henry, judging from the description given by the Beenleighs, is not in the pub.  The barkeep, seeing the dress of Annalise and armaments of Ilsa is quick to clear space at the bar for the two of you.  "Ah, er, 'ello there m'lady.  Welcome to the Asses'Yoke.  How can I be of service ter yeh?"  He seems flustered by your presence until you make your enquiry.  "Ah, 'Enry 'asn't come in yet.  'E should be showing up around 'ere soon.  Might be taking 'is time cuz of the pea souper.  Can I get you ladies anything while you wait for 'im?" 

[info]Perception check for being followed
     You don't detect anyone following you amongst the crowded streets.[/info]

Oath

It wasn't a surprise that Henry wasn't there yet, but Annalise was willing to wait. "I'll try a pint of what you would recommend, Barkeep." She sat down and glanced around the establishment, getting a feel for the atmosphere and the type of person that would frequent it.

[info] if you need any rolls let me know.[/info]

pringerbeam

The barkeep seems a bit worried at this request.  "A pint! Umm... errr... yes a pint."  He looks at the kegs tapped behind him and anxiously places a hand on one, then pulls back to put it on another, then pulls back yet again.  "Um er... Maybe a fine lady like yerself would like something else?"  He begins to rummage around under the counter until he pulls out a bottle of wine.  "'Ere ye go, an old gift from a friend.  Comes all the way from France."

[info]The Barkeep seems uneasy of your presence.  Make an ettiquette roll to try and calm him if you wish.

Black dice if you so choose (only applies to Annalise)[blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 3, 6, 3, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

"Ah, no, you should keep your gift for yourself. I'm a lady from Potsdam, and we love our beer. I'd like to see what the people of London like to drink, if you don't mind. Just treat me like any other patron."

[info]Ettiquette+Wits+Beauty bonus (2)

[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 2, 3, 4, 4, 2, 5, total 20[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

"Oh no, I insists m'lady."  At that the barkeep begins to try and uncork the wine but seems to have trouble.  Despite his sturdy frame he struggles to remove the cork.  "Ah, eh, er, just need ter get this, hngh kerk, out therr, hurk, bottle!"  You notice a flagon on the shelf above him begin to make its way over the edge of the shelf, moved by unseen hands somewhat familiar to Annalise.  The flagon falls sqarely onto the barkeep, surprising him and causing him to flail his arms.  The wine bottle goes with his arm movements to break on the counter.  A spray of wine and glass shards spatters the three of you from the chest up.  Fortunately, none of you are wounded by the shards of glass.  The barkeep is made even more flustered by this.  "Oh no, 'ere let me 'elp ye."  He pulls out his rag and tries to wipe Annalise up with it but only suceeds in adding the moisture of (hopefully) stale beer to her garments before Jonathan, cursing under his breath at the state of his own dress, steps in with a hankerchief to try and at least dry the likely permanent stains.

Asta

Ilsa, had been somewhat disengaged from the conversation between her companion and the barkeep was eyeing the room. The sudden crash and spray of moisture snapped her attention back to the bar. She wiped a fleck of wine from her cheek and watched as the barkeep struggled to dab at the stains forming on Annalise's outfit before Jonathan interjected himself.

"Are you well, sir? You seem bothered." She said calmly and plainly to the barkeep while sliding bits of broken bottle into a little wet pile on the counter. She hoped she had come off as soothing.

[info] To try to reassure the barkeep things are fine:
Etiquette+wits+2(for common skill)
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 5, 2, 1, 6, 3, total 17[/blockquote] [/info]

Asta

[info]Exploding 6
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

"Ah, sorry, er, it's just that we don't get high class folk 'round 'ere.  We're awfullly unprepared to serve.  Please, accept me apologies."  He seems to have calmed down. "'Enry should be in soon.  Ah speaking of, there 'e is."  The barkeep points to door where a man matching Henry's description has entered the pub, carrying several brown paper parcels.  He comes up to the bar.  "Hey there, just comming in for the usual." He starts to set the parcels down until he notices the mess made of the bar.  "Uh... did I come at a bad time?"

Oath

"Don't worry about it. If you don't mind I'd like to pay to replace the wine." Annalise turned to look at Henry who had entered during the mess. "Hello, you're Henry? We're working with the Beenleighs at the moment and wanted to speak with you, away from the company from Robert, as he was making the investigation rather tough. We don't need to chat here, but if you would be so kind to as assist us with any questions we may have it would be much appreciated."

[info]Charm on Henry. And if Barkeep accepts offer, will replace the wine with a bottle of equal value. dice for beautiful trait separate since idk if it will affect henry.

Charm [blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 6, 6, 1, 2, 6, 5, total 26[/blockquote]
Beautiful dice. [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

[info]exploding sixes.

[blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 4, 1, 5, total 10[/blockquote]
[/info]