Juror's Guilt

Started by Throndir, July 13, 2016, 10:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Aetius:

I put the Raven in the sack and tie it up as well as I can. I see if anyone has a sack I can put that sack in to reinforce it. "Let's all tend to our wounds team. I am confident that we are for the moment, safe. Rekkart. Let me tend to your wounds." I also check my pack for medical supplies.

Throndir

As you began treating Sir Rekkart, you ignore the small wounds that you had on your own body. Unlike the rest, even Sir Rekkart, your regimented training and experience in the conflict against The Red Legion made you much more durable than the rest. Madge however, seeing your injuries did approach you.

"We can't have our leader take care of everyone without looking after himself." She said as she grinned at you. She began pulling out a healer's kit herself. She waited until you were free, but she pulled out some bandages and what looked to be some disinfectant as well.

[info](Rekkart heals +4 HP, Aetius heals +5 HP)
( Current Status/Damage Taken:
Aetius: 5, already used treat deadly wounds
Madge: 0
Sir Rekkart: 5, already used treat deadly wounds
Patrissa: 0, -1 Will
Tablark: 0, -1 Will, already used treat deadly wounds
Killian: 2,  already used treat deadly wounds
Halgrak:0, -3 Will,  already used treat deadly wounds
Ebin: 0, already used treat deadly wounds)[/info]

With most of the ravens dead, the only thing out of the ordinary in the room was Malgrim's body which still hung from the rafters. The pool of blood under him was still there, and his body still continued to drip some blood. To the north you see a door that leads to the room right above this one. And to your east is the exit back to the central hall. Towards the south was nothing but the marble and wooden wall, while to the west was both the podium for the judge, as well as boarded-up windows.

Throndir

Aetius:

I heartily thank Madge for the help. "Feeling better Rekkart?" Then I ask the group:"Whew... ok everyone. I call a vote. Either we go upstairs or we finish exploring downstairs. What do you all think."

Throndir

"The noises above make me think something is up there." Sir Rekkart said. "As much as I do not think venturing further is wise, it seems to be the only option to us."

"If we're exploring, I say we go slow." Madge said. "Whenever I'm somewhere unfamiliar, going slow is the best way."

"I agree with Madge." Patrissa said as she began playing with her fire-opal amulet. "But as long as I'm with Aetius, I'll be fine." She said as she glanced towards you specifically. Madge rolled her eyes.

"Let's find this child-killing bastard!" Tablark announced, "If something is up there. We should kill it!" He waved the sword you let him borrow to emphasize his point.

"You're the leader my boy, exploring these floors would be my advice." Killian said. Halgrak didn't suggest anything, only remaining silent, and Ebin only chuckled to himself.

Throndir

Aetius:

"We'll quickly explore the bottom floor just to make sure we don't get attacked from behind when we go upstairs. Before very careful team. I want to avoid another cave in. Let's check that room behind the smaller room off of the great hall. I'll open the door first." I listen against the door before I open it.

Throndir

You begin leading the way. You started moving towards the western door, just north of the large double doors on the west. But it was then that you catch sight of something further northwards. Out of the shadows shambles a tall, hunched figure. The thing's head jerks obscenely to one side atop a discolored broken neck. Its face is obscured by a rotten death shroud, a milky eye peering through one worn hole, half its black- tooth-filled mouth visible through another rent in the fabric.

A horrid rasp of air croaking out pain and misery issues from the thing's crushed throat as it reaches for Tablark Hammergrind. The dwarf moans, a sound like a tortured animal as he drops to his knobby old knees. His hands reach toward his face as if of their own accord and his fingers curl and claw at his eyes. Tablark screams, a high-pitched monstrous sound that cuts the air and warbles on impossibly long, as he leaves large bloody furrows across his face and eyes. The scream turns to mad wild laughter as Tablark rises to his feet. He begins to laugh maniacally as he began running with no true purpose.

You were not able to figure out what effects Tablark was under. However, the dwarf continued to rake at his eyes and face, you realize it wouldn't be long until the dwarf had forcefully blinded himself. You were not able to determine where the creature had come from. By your estimation it was already around 8 PM, going around each of the members' stories, creating the fire, wiping out the ravens, and treating everyone's injuries took about an hour. Aside from Rekkart's torch, most of the great hall was dark. The torch's illumination spread 20 ft. around the knight, but the figure was about 40 ft. away. Just at the edge of being barely able to make out from the low light. It came from somewhere in the darkness, though you couldn't tell specifically where.

Throndir

Aetius:

"Halgrak! Ebin! Restrain Tablark he can't control himself! Killian! Take my flint and steel! We have to get more light if we're going to fight here. Come on everyone else!"

Throndir

Halgrak was much more slower than, Ebin, though from your commands, they both attempted to grapple and eventually pin down the dwarf. Halgrak failed completely. But Ebin managed to secure a lock and push the dwarf down as they began to grapple. Tablark continued to laugh hysterically, his mirth completely out of place.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" Ebin continued to yell, trying to raise his voice above the dwarf's laughter. But the dwarf continued raking at his eyes, and you watched in disgust as his left eye was already becoming a bloody mess.

Meanwhile, Killian had taken your flint and steel. Looking around there was no immediate wood in the area, so he started making his way down south towards the western courtroom.

You yourself charged at the creature, scoring a direct hit. However, as you attempted to knock the creature over, it managed to keep its footing and avoid your attempt to knock him prone. It made rasping sounds of pain from its crushed throat. But a moment later it started to rise up in the air, literally floating above the ground.

[info](Free attack of opportunity, roll 1d20+8, and 1d8+3, and 1d6)[/info]

It began speeding up higher towards the ceiling, then suddenly sped off going up the stairs.

Your other allies would have attempted to chase him down. But they weren't about to head up the stairs, not at least without recommendation from you.

"Let's end that creature!" Rekkart announced.

[info](Confirm if you want to tell them to stop, or keep going, talking is a free action)

Log
Aetius attacks and deals 24 damage, attempts to trip but fails.
Killian heads south to the western courtroom.
Halgrak attempts to grapple Tablark but fails.
Ebin attempts to grapple Tablark and succeeds.
Tablark claws his left eye out.[/info]

You score a hit as it began flying away, though it wasn't enough to take it down. "Aetius!" Rekkart called out as he was closing the gap to you, his weapon drawn out as well, his eyes were set at where the undead creature disappeared.

Throndir

Aetius:

"Yes Rekkart?"

Throndir

"That was Jarbin." The knight of Valtean said. "At least, his face, even though its distorted, rotting, and covered, is still familiar. I'm not sure what type of undead it is, but given what he did to Tablark. It's dangerous. Do we chase after?"

Tablark continued to laugh wildly. And though Halgrak and Ebin managed to pin him down. One of Tablark's eye, his left, was already gone. In its place was a bloodied red mess.

Throndir

Aetius:

"Hmm... Ebin, knock him out. Madge, can you treat his face?" Yes we're out of time. "This place and it's secrets will have to remain a mystery." I call out "Killian. Did you get another torch going?" "Rekkart, we're getting slowly picked off and worn down. I don't know if Jarbin is really behind this or if something else is going on, but that's the closest thing to finishing this that my mind can fathom." I ask Patrissa to come over. "Patrissa, there's nothing that unnerves a group quicker than being surrounded, even battle hardened veterans will turn and route in a case like that. We're out of time to explore so I ask you this. Just in the great hall here. Can you use your magic and smash open all the doors around us open. If nothing else comes running out of them, I feel confident enough running up there to take down Jarbin." I also call out to Halgrak. "Take Tablark's sword. He
doesn't need it in his state anyway."

Throndir

"Hehehe" Ebin chuckled to himself as he pounded the dwarf's face. Strangely, Tablark continued laughing even as was knocked about. "HEHEHE!" Ebin's mad laughing was almost on the same par as Tablark's, but the more he laughed, the more Ebin continued up his beating. Tablark's face was becoming bloodier and bloodier, but eventually the dwarf's laughing ceased.

Ebin however, didn't quite catch it, too much was the halfling jester caught up in the frenzy, He continued beating on the dwarf even after the dwarf was unconscious.

"Stop Ebin!" Sir Rekkart called out. But the halfling wouldn't listen.

While that was happening, Killian appeared again, holding a newly created torch, from the embers that Rekkart had started almost half an hour ago. If it wasn't for Tablark's earlier tending to the embers, it would have already been completely out. Killian's face was pale however. Paler than usual. His eyes were locked on to you, almost missing the scene Ebin was making.

"His body's gone." Killian said. "Malgrim's."

Patrissa had nodded. There was 3 door on the west that were still closed. While on the eastern part of the hall, there was 4 doors altogether that were still unexplored, with one of them being made out of steel or iron.

"Anything for you Aetius." She said slyly, but she began immediately into casting, sending orbs of acid one after the other, one door at a time.

[info](Patrissa will pause her spellcasting whenever she breaks through a door, for half a minute to ensure nothing comes out. Then move on to the next. Due to the fact that it takes quite a few blasts of her spell to take down a wooden door, you can assume this will take some time. I should mention it later, but telling you right now, that the iron/steel door to the east (door #7 on the grid map I sent earlier), is beyond Patrissa's abilities to destroy.)[/info]"Stop it Ebin!" Madge yelled. She could tell that the dwarf was already unconscious, but the halfling continued his relentless assault.

Tablark had dropped his sword when he was first assaulted, so the half orc, Halgrak went over to the weapon and picked it up. You notice that he admired it shortly, but moved towards you to give it back. When Killian came back mentioning Malgrim's body was gone. Halgrak only covered his face. You can hear him quietly telling everyone that they were all doomed.

Throndir

Aetius:

I sprint over the Ebin and grab him by the throat. I lift him up into the air and bring him over to Halgrak. "I yell to Killian and Madge to stabilize Tablark." I hold Ebin up to Halgrak, right. "Halgrak, this. THIS is what a coward looks like. You can either let madness take you over or let it turn you into a coward. You are not yet dead, but if you have to die, do it in a way where they will write songs of your deeds." I press Erin's face right against mine. "If he dies I will will tear... every finger off of your hands and then your arms from your body." Now screaming into his face "AND BEAT THEM INTO YOUR SKULL!" Then I slam Ebin down into the floor right on his face. I catch my breath. And look at Rekkart, Halgrak, and Patrissa. "I need a moment... Tablark was a good man... reminds of a man I knew. Be careful, but quickly look through the doors we opened up. Then we'll finish this
"
I take a deep breath. "I feared they would use Malgrim against us. So be it." I pop my neck.

Throndir

[info](Good response, so +5 karma, and +200 RP exp)[/info]Halgrak was cowed as you brought Ebin up to him. The half-orc started to look down at his boots, but once you finished, Halgrak only nodded. He continued to look at you even as you smashed Ebin's face into the ground, as if he wanted to say something.

Ebin on the other hand, immediately got quiet as you pulled him up and yelled in his face. Your threatening had an immediate effect on the halfling and he only started to sweat. When you finally smashed him into the floor, the halfling just continued to lay on the ground with his nose bent and bleeding. It was then that Ebin started to chuckle again to himself, his eyes were wide, without looking at anything or anyone specific.

Madge had quickly clamored over to Tablark's unconscious form. She immediately pulled out her backpack, and pulled out the same healer's kit from before. She bit her lip tight as she began examining the wounds on the dwarf's face. Both the bleeding eye socket, as well as the new wounds that Ebin inflicted. His eyebrows and lips were cut. Already parts of his face started to bruise and swell. Tablark breathed shallowly, though he was still unconscious from the beating. Quickly, she began work, first wetting some clean cloth in the healer's kit with the antibacterial, then she began applying some sort of paste to the wounds. She continued working further, trying to close up the wounds, and using some bandages that she had as well.

[info](Madge's Healers kit is down to 3 uses remaining. Your healer's kit still has 8 uses)[/info]Shortly after you feel a hand on your shoulder. It was Killian.

"Malgrim had this." Killian said as he proceeded to hand you the spiked-chain, Grindle Slash, to you. You notice Halgrak's eyes widen, and surprisingly he spoke out, his voice seemingly more confident than how it had been since the night began.

"It was Malgrim who forced me to say guilty." Halgrak said, his voice barely a whisper.

Throndir

Aetius:

"Here use my kit too." I put it on the ground and kick it over to Madge. "Does the area look secure?"