Documents

Started by Throndir, February 10, 2015, 09:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The door burst open as a familiar face came crashing in. The action was swift and quick, and everyone in the room could have easily heard the newcomer.

"Jackpot! Just overheard something that would be great for us!" As usual, it was Gren crashing into the squad's hangout-wing. He was panting, with beads of sweat rolling down his face. He was breathing hard, but he still had a strangely boyish smile on his face.

"Yeah? What are you looking at? I literally came here was fast as I can. Anyways, the guys at top are thinking of putting us into action! Time to prove to everyone we can do things, am-I-right?" He grinned as his eyes sparkled. It seemed that Gren had always looked for opportunities like these, always jumping at a chance for promotions or acknowledgement, though you had to wonder how he never seems to make it up in the team's hierarchy.

"I thought I'd tell you guys the news before our squad's officer arrives. You know, since I'm cool like that. Besides Ms. Senior-member-of-the-year will probably not tell us and leave us out of it!" Gren said half-jokingly and half-serious. Unbeknownst to him, the team's senior member was at the door, silently leaning on the door frame.

"Just like her if you ask me." Gren continued as he wiped some sweat off his brow. "But no worries junior members, Gren has you covered, unlike that no-good perfectionist-squad-lead of ours." The lady at the door frame seemed to twitch, and you could almost feel the tension that Gren was apparently far too oblivious for.

"And I beat her here too. Greedy, brown-nosed, lazy, and slow-" Gren was about to continue until a voice cut him off short.

"This is why you don't get promotions." The voice said simply. Gren's face drained of color. She walked on over to beside Gren. "Your senior-member-of-the-year actually happened to make it a point to gather the squad." She said sarcastically.

"Gren. Don't spoil them. Everyone will know soon enough. For now everyone gather your things, we'll meet right outside in the hall in ten minutes." With that the lady walked out of the room, her presence still lingering a few moments later.

Gren was still deathly silent, but he broke it a few moments later.

"Well, I called her a perfectionist right? Isn't that a compliment?" He paused, not really believing his own words. "Kinda?"

QuoteFree $500 for all who join the roleplay, buy gear you think you'd need for this next mission!

Requiring 1/week posting if possible please. And forcing storyline movement if things slow down.

Go ahead and have PC/NPC interactions, have you character head out the door when all is said and done.

Linwelin

Corey flung himself onto his feet from his formerly relaxed position, and started getting his things together without complaint. He'd seen what he needed to. As much as he liked and understood Gren, the one that'd come in after was the real deal. An authority figure of Team Rocket. Maybe not an admin, but but in his eyes that's even better. She'd been recognized for their ability, and though she may not have a seat of power, those who would flaunt their influence might hesitate before a presence like that.

I'll be like that, too.

But he couldn't just follow them blindly. No, then he'd always be a grunt. Always be SEEN as a grunt. He'd have to take on an important part of whatever this mission will be, proving he could handle himself. That he wasn't just a peon. Corey just hoped that the job had something to do with his talents. Especially since he'd just procured a special escape item for emergencies from the Rocket barracks, which he now carefully slipped into his bag with his other gear, before beginning to head into the hall for the meeting.

On the way out, he placed his hand on Gren's shoulder. "Gren, buddy, save that energy for the mission. THAT'S where you show people up, not the briefings. Still, good effort."

[spoiler]Used the $500 to get a smoke ball. Updated my sheet.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Burdenking

Oreah stood there silently, her arms crossed as she stared past Gren. With her first sound made ever in rocket uniform being an exasperated sigh, she moved forward past Gren, avoiding bumping into the rocket member as she went to wait in the hall

Ella

Miera Fieren

Eyes narrowed, Miera watched Gren and then the woman who had sent word for everyone to assemble. 'The higher ups were sending their peons on a mission?' She might as well go. It was hard gathering information by simply observing and if she did not join in the mission, she likely would not be given the details later. Besides, even if they did tell her anything upon returning, they were too stupid to keep look-out for the finer details that she would be able to find.

Without a word, Miera followed the squad leader.