The Tribulations of a Loyal Familiar

Started by Mysticsage, March 15, 2013, 01:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

"Buzz, buzz" Leon felt his phone vibrating and let out out a small sigh before diverting his attention away from what he had been looking at to answer.
"Hi Dani, listen I'm kind busy right now problem with work you mind if I call you back later?" he waited a moment for her answer glancing every so often at what he had been looking at earlier before going back to the conversation.

"Yeah Dani I know I left in the middle of our date last night, and I am really sorry but..."

" I realize that kind of behavior is inexcusable and yes you deserve better." At this point the woman on the other end was screaming signaling that he had absolutely no way of salvaging the situation.

"Listen we'll continue this later." He said before hanging up and turning his phone off. He knew he would get even worse hell for that one later, but at the moment a much more demanding problem as he turned to look back into the scope of a sniper rifle.
He blamed  himself for allowing Seth to finally be found by the assessors. For months now he had worked in the background using both magic and force to ensure that his existence and the existence of his ward remained secret. The spells he had used to fool those like the assessors came directly from Seth's master Lorelai. As long as someone or something was powering them there was to be no chance they could be found. So after everything seemed to be in working order Leon had backed off slightly in his watching and now they were both paying for it.

"No one messes with my love life and my livelihood and gets a way with it" he  promised to the universe, "Don't worry Seth I'm coming for you."
He had his rifle trained on one of the main areas of the UNACOM building. Their first mistake was cutting Seth of from his abilities. Looking around at his little hide away in a construction site a few blocks away. Without Seth using any energy that meant Leon had the whole lot for himself. Most of that energy was being pumped into ensuring he remained unnoticed. That energy that was left was then split between maintaining his own abilities and establishing an empathic link with Seth. Leon gave his signature Cheshire grin as he thought about what would happen next if he felt Seth's consciousness waver even for a moment.

"we'll give them something to assess won't we girl" he chuckled patting the sniper rifle lightly. He had loaded it with special incendiary and smoke bullets. They did very little damage, but fire them into a closed space filled with people and there would be chaos. That would make his perfect point of entry. Even if they had a shield he could use shadow space to make sure he and his bullets could enter.
Licking his lips with a mixture of nerves and excitement he said, "I hope Dani doesn't mind if I call her back late."