[IC] Kaelban Estate

Started by Throndir, November 13, 2012, 04:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Both Ryine and Saendal make their way back to the first room and to the archway they both seen earlier.

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal looks down the hallway and mutters under his breath. He walks forward a few feet and examines the hallway.

[spoiler]i.e. tell me what the "questionable" things are[/spoiler]

Throndir

Looking more closely to the ground, you notice that they were small little piles of rat feces. At least they looked like that.

Oath

I approach the new door that has appeared before me, and decide that I might as well examine that one as well.

[spoiler]{Search check}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-2 : 10 - 2, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Manzokushi

The display between the two was quite amusing. Though most of the interactions up to now were the basic getting to know you type conversation pieces. It might have been a good thing to have sat down and had a mug of ale with everyone before our departure. However with the need for pressing business things must be attended to. There was a slight chance the job could have very easily have passed them by as well if given to hesitation. Jorn, followed closely behind keeping a watchful eye on his companions and their surroundings.

[spoiler]I will stay about 2 squares or so behind the lead party member.[/spoiler]

Throndir

Emperor Wilbers

There are both good people, and bad people. Two polar opposites, but, there is one other, very distinct group. The neutral people are the people who do things for themselves, or for no apparent reason. They are the selfish rich folk, the monks in the mountains, and sometimes the average person. Saendal is in this group, and as such, he is not usually liked, because of his beliefs, but he does not let that get to him. Saendal is in all reality a very strange character, but he has his reasons. Reasons that are yet to be revealed.

Saendal, being as non-oppinionative as he is, stepped behind Ryine and let him take the lead. "I suppose, that the man, with the big sword and torch to light the way, should be the leader, so, after you," Saendal said as he bowed his head. "What path shall we take?" He said, eyes fixated on Ryine's eyes.

Oath

"This southern passage might be a good place to check out first." I begin to walk down the hallway, in search of the end.

[spoiler]I walk until I can at least see a door or dead end. [/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

"Interesting..." Saendal says to himself, and he then follows after Ryine.

Throndir

As Ryine and Saendal leaves, the darkness once again encloses upon you. Suddenly you hear an eerie high pitched scream coming from the direction where Ryine and Saendal disappeared off to.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

[spoiler]Will save: [1d20+7] 20 = 20 + 7 = 27
[/spoiler]

I cringe at the sound that pierces the air. I crouch and cover my ears, and wait.

Oath

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 13 - 1, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Upon hearing the scream, I halt and brace myself while looking back at Saendal.

Emperor Wilbers

I isolate my mind from the screaming and breathe deeply. I summon all my will power and force the ringing out of my mind. I stand up and am fully oriented again. I see Ryine still remaining in pain. "Ryine! Are-Are you okay? Do you need help?!" Saendal yelled over the ringing.

Throndir

The sound vanishes. It only lasted for a few moments, and right after that is was just as quiet as it once was only seconds before.