Chapter 1: Uninvited Guests

Started by Throndir, May 10, 2012, 08:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neko

The air was thick with anxiety and worry?Sophie hadn?t been able to bring herself to look directly at Eugene this whole time, she just couldn?t stand the site of someone suffering like that.  What if he didn?t make it? She knew he was hurt, but only now did she realize how bad?So bad that even Doctor Reggie wouldn?t be able to keep his heart beating for much longer.  Reggie?s emotions were so strong, she could see the stress clear on his face?She wanted to comfort him, but had a feeling this wasn?t the right moment. Eugene?s life was basically in the doctor?s hands?there wasn?t a whole lot she?d be able to say to make him feel better.

"Sophie, get Sebastion. I'd like to talk with him." Jared had ordered. ?Yes sir!? Sophie replied. She was happy to be of use somehow?and to also have a chance to leave that room. The worry everyone exuded was draining to her. Sebastian had said he was heading back to his room earlier, so she set off toward there. However, not far off from the entrance hall, she ran into him. ?Oh!? Sophie exclaimed, a little surprised to run into him so soon. Had he been on his way back? ?Hey Sebastian, I?m sorry to bother you, but Jared wants to speak with you again.? She told him. ?I don?t know what you?ve heard, but Eugene is going to be taken to the hospital now?I just hope they?ll be ok out there. You know, Reggie mentioned it could have been some kind of animal bite?I bet that?s all it was. I mean, I hope that?s all?Maybe some zoo animals got out or something! I?ve heard of that happening before, people letting the animals loose and stuff.? Sophie had a tendency to blab a bit when she was nervous or feeling worried. She smiled slightly, noticing herself that she was talking a little too much. ?Uhm, but yeah, Jared needs you...?

Linwelin

It took a moment for Sebastian to register that Sophie was there and talking, lost in thoughts. By the time he realized it, she was already midway through what she wanted to say, and he could tell she was panicked. Zat's right...she has probably never seen a grave injury before... He puts a hand on her shoulder and gives a comforting smile, trying to shake off a bit of her worry. "Alright, I'll go see vat he vants. Tanks for getting me, Sophie." As he begins to walk, he says to her as he pats her shoulder, "It'll be alright...zere are plenty of capable people here...ve'll be safe."

After walking out of earshot from Sophie, his thoughts turn to Jared. I svear, if zat man scolds me for my lack of composure in ze midst of all zis...If only he saw vat I did... Suddenly what Sophie said clicked. Zey're going outside!? Mein Gott! Zose fools, zey'll only get zemselves hurt! With that he runs to Jared to hear out the situation and hopefully stop it.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:44 PM

"You missed the meeting Sebastion." The butler spoke, his voice almost condescending. "We pride ourselves to be punctual and on time Sebastion. I expected better of you Sebastion." The butler spoke Sebastion's name more clearly and precise each time, as if to make a point.

Linwelin

It took all Sebastian had to hold his tongue. Even though this was the man who trained him, Sebastian truly despised his attitude now more than ever.

He decided to simply ignore the sharp comments, "You wished to speak with me, sir?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:45 PM

"Yes Sebastion, to remind you." He strode up to Sebastion looking him over with his penetrating gaze. "...To remind you that the Jameson family butlers exceed service more so than any other servant. You have been working for the family for a couple of years now, and I have thought that you were on your way of mastering this particular quality. But..." He did not sigh, or make semblance of a negative emotion as he continued.

"... Service is a lifelong pursuit. And though you have made progress, you have still yet to hone your skills." He stared hard at the butler. "This is not the military. But the Jameson staff still expect the same level of dedication, collectedness, and attentive to the wishes of those you are charged with and to your superiors."

Linwelin

At this point, Sebastian can't handle any more, "Jared...it is because of my military experience zat I can say zis is not ze time for such tings. You did not see vat I saw, nor felt ze malice it directed. It's eyes were red for Gott sake! You say I am not serving vell, but I know I am. I admit I am not collected, but vone does not see monsters every day! I am more dedicated and attentive zan you seem to tink. And you should be veighing my vords more carefully." He pauses very briefly to catch his breath.

"I understand ze idea of obeying ze orders of my superiors, zat has never been a problem. It is ven my superiors do not heed the vords of those around zem that I lose my composure!" He says the word very sharply. "I vill return your vords to you. How attentive are you to the vishes of zose you are charged vith? I hear you sent zem out into zat chaos. By ze time zey reach town, zat storm vill have drained zem to ze point of defenslessness! And zat is if zey are not attacked first!" He lowers his head and grits his teeth. "Zey could die very easily trough such an endeavor. You don't realize how bad it is out zere...I know zat boy's life hangs in ze balance, but is it worth risking more lives vithout knowing ze situation better first?"

It is obvious Sebastian couldn't even answer himself if he tried, these dilemmas were his weakness after all. He could not see things clearly enough to be his decisive self.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Hasabushi

Reggie entered the room gurnery in hand, nurse Noll followed suit standing next to the drop down stretcher. He stopped abruptly as he came into earshot of Sebastion's outburst.
Apparently the situation was worse than he had thought, he nodded to Noll and she took the cue to take Eugene's blood pressure and pulse. She shook her head and showed him the results. The boy was getting worse, much worse his skin was turning white and his head  was sweating profusely. If they didn't get him help soon, he would probably  not make it through the night.

But, what was it that Sebastion had seen, what had frightened the man so much that he would risk Eugene dying? What indeed...

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:46 PM

The butler's eyes were clouded, but the man listened carefully to Sebastion's words.

"I have thought you calmed enough to stop spouting this nonsense about monsters. The storm was heavy Sebastion, and likely you simply saw the red eyes of a cat or some other feline. The gunshots have you unnerved, and they have indeed unnerved us all. But there is no sense to continue this tirade."

"Sebastion. The boy will die if he is not to receive treatment. Unless doctor Reginald is wrong in his assessment." Surprisingly, the butler agreed. "I would have preferred if no one else ventures out into the night. Hooligans with guns are something better dealt with the local enforcement. But..." He stared deeply into Sebastion's eyes. "If our doctor is correct in his assessment, Eugene is near death and his death certain." The butler glanced to the doctor. "Whereas the doctor and Noelle are not near death nor are their deaths certain."

"They cannot easily die, as you put it. And though there is danger, it is not guaranteed nor is it probable. We have one of our own on his deathbed. As the head butler of the estate, I have the responsibility to keep the staff in line and safe. You know this Sebastion."

Linwelin

"I..." Sebastian starts, then sighs, "You are right, Jared...I let my nerves get ze best of me, and stopped tinking vell. My sincere apologies." Sebastian then holds his gaze with Jared, "But mark my words, zere is no beast nor human alive zat could give off such an eerie malice. I know vat I saw, it was not any sort of hallucination. Just be careful...I don't vant anyone else to suffer like zat poor boy..." Sebastian puts his hand to his head, feeling a little dizzy after his unusual outburst, trying desperately to clear his mind. However, all he can see is the mute figure, shrouded in darkness, with its red eyes focused on him in malevolent lust. He shivers slightly at the reoccurring thought.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:47 PM

The butler placed his hand on Sebastion's shoulder and nodded, though he spoke not a word. He let go moments later.

[spoiler]You can choose or mention where to go/what to do next. If your character is planning to turn in for the night, note what time you plan to wake up either in the RP itself or in an OOC spoiler tag comment.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Sebastian collects himself once more, looking at Jared, "I'll go get some rest, now...good night, Jared. I hope you can rest as vell." He walks back to his room, sauntering tiredly, still in a daze with his mind spinning. I just don't know vat I should do anymore...how can I help zem?
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[spoiler]Forecefully going to continue the story if no one posts by Saturday evening.[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:50 PM

The night was still dark and stormy as the staff of the Jameson estate moved on their way towards their rooms. They hoped to forget the gunshots that still at times echoed in the far distance, yet for even as they tried, they could not get rid of the lingering feelings of unease that overwhelmed each of the staff members. The lights had been flickering even more, and more than a few of you noticed that the temperature in the mansion was going down. I was getting colder, and even though the heaters were still working, they did not readily heat the rooms well.

The sight of Eugene injured had worried the staff. They saw him being ferried away by the doctor and the nurse, heading into the garage, and soon towards the hospital. They did what they can to hold on to positive thoughts, but the the occasional sudden sounds of thunder awoke them from their forced calm and back into the reality of how things were.

Placing Eugene in the back-seat. Dr. Reginald and Noelle each occupy the front seats; the sounds of the engine coming into life.

Linwelin

[spoiler]Michael casts Haste on the party. They can now post faster!

>.>[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Eireleen

Normally, Noelle would keep a window open if she was smoking in the car, but with the rain as it was, it didn't seem to be an option this time. It was falling heavily enough that she could only barely see through the car's windshield. She hadn't ever driven in conditions this poor before, but she decided it would be better to keep it to herself. Telling Dr. Hughes something like that would not increase his confidence.

"Sorry if the smoke bothers you." She apologizes, although it sounds more obligatory than heartfelt. She started moving the car slowly through the driveway, approaching the front gate. She had good eyes for the night, but at this point, the only thing that the windshield wipers were doing was smearing the rain across the windshield, not wiping it off. She opened the door, stepping out into the storm again to get a better look at the gate. Her suit was already soaked as it was, so it wouldn't be much worse on her attire.

"It looks like Sebastian wasn't able to close the gate." Noelle shouts over the thunder and pouring rain, as she gets back into the driver's seat, closing the door forcefully. She knew that he wouldn't have left it open unless there was a problem with it, but with both of them together, they should be able to push it closed. She drives the car slightly forward through the gate, before stopping it and checking the rearview mirror. "We should close it before we head out. It's not safe for it to be open like this, least of all tonight." She looked back at Eugene, before looking over to Dr. Hughes. "Can the boy spare that much time?"