Chapter 1: Uninvited Guests

Started by Throndir, May 10, 2012, 08:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eireleen

"Thanks." Noelle nodded to the man, trying to raise her voice over the storm without yelling. It sounded like there was a war going on down there...with the phone lines down, they couldn't call anyone to find out what was happening. Just what is going on...?

Noelle re-entered the building calmly, carefully opening the door with the same hand she was holding the flashlight in. Moving at a controlled, but brisk pace, she laid Eugene down on one of the couches. The blood from his wounds mixed in with the rain, staining the cushions red.

"Jared, call Dr. Hughes." She addressed him without formality, but the situation called for quick action. There was no time for pleasantries. "In fact, call everyone. All mansion staff to this room."

There was some of Eugene's blood running down the back of her suit, and the carpet was wet where she had tracked in water. But most importantly was the bleeding man on the couch. "He's still alive, but wounded." She explains quickly, as most everything is self-evident at this point. Jared can see just as well as her what the situation is.

Through it all, she remains calm and in control. She knows that panicking solves nothing and helps nothing, and that she has to keep a cool head. "Sebastian is coming in behind me, leave the front door open."

If she remembered correctly, the doctor had gone to the west wing. He should be able to get here fairly quickly. Noelle wasn't sure how much time Eugene had, but being left out in the rain certainly hadn't added to it. Right now, the servant boy was the only person who had any idea what was going on in the city. The moment he was up and awake, he'd have to explain everything.

For now, though, she was just concerned with saving his life.

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:18 PM

Sebastion
Walking out into the rain had immediately soaked your clothes. Lightning flashed filling the skies with a brilliant blaze of light. Clouds over head came into life as bright lines of lightning showed the forms of the dark and bulbous clouds up above. You thought you heard more gunshots in the background, but whether or not that was your imagination, it was hard to tell. Reaching the gate, as you had realized before, it was still ajar; freely able to swing back and forth. The mechanism to lock the gates were mechanical in nature, and you knew there was a button in the gate house that opens and closes the gate.

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:25 PM

Sophie
Esmelda nodded as she took one of the flashlights Sophie had offered her.

?Sophie!? She said as she pointed back down towards the hall. ?Noelle's asked to get everyone to the hall...? Her features creased with worry. ?I saw her dragging Eugene...? Her voice cracked, but she managed to nod, and even forcing a smile. Her next words contrasted with what she spoke. ?There was blood all over... His favorite coat? It was drenched dark, and I'm sure that a lot of it was b-? She interrupted her words. Shaking her head she attempted to banish the thoughts, shiveirng just a moment after. And only then did you realize the temperature was getting cooler. If the younger maid, Esmelda, noticed, she didn't say anything or more likely, her mind was filled with other things.

Noelle
You see the butler crease his features, though after a moment's hesitance he started looking around seeing Esmelda and Sophie at the far end of the room where the staircase was located.

?You two!? He said in his booming voice. ?Gather everyone. He stared imposingly at the bodyguard, though he made no further actions. ?As for me, I'll get a first aid kit.? The butler said indignantly. Thinking that would have solved the encounter, he exited out of the room.

Linwelin

Sebastian runs over to the gate house, hitting the button purposefully, watching the gate for any mechanical problems. Please vork today! Please! He prays to himself as he watches the gate operate. I need to hurry back!
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:25 PM

Sebastion
As you look around for any sort of mechanical problems to the gate, there was nothing that you can see that you would be able to fix. You noticed that the 'on' light switch in the gate house was dead, and even after pushing the button, there was no evidence that it even worked. The gate simply wouldn't lock or unlock itself; it was hanging freely. Being outside the mansion, you hear again signs of gunshots fired off in the distance. They were faint, and with the rain and winds you doubted anyone else in the mansion would be able to hear. It was quieter than the few rounds of gunshots.

Linwelin

Sebastian looked at the gate with dismay. "Vhy ve forgot to have an emergency generator for zis is beyond me...I guess I vill have to close it manually. Vith vat is going on, it must not be left open." He runs back outside to close the gate in whatever way he can.

[spoiler]I don't know if there's a crank system for this one, but you said it was mostly mechanical, so one can hope :P[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:26 PM

Sebastion
The rain and cold, start to affect your movements.

[spoiler]I'd like you to roll a spot check.

CharacterStatusExperienceNotes
Sebastion?/1000

(Click to enlarge)
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Sebastian, realizing he's used up a lot of time, begins to be more wary of his surroundings, looking out past the gates to see if any suspicious figures were there. He keeps his wits about him as he goes to try close the gate manually, not wanting the gunmen (or whatever they're chasing) to get in.

[blockquote]Spot Check: 1d20+1 : 15 + 1, total 16[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Neko

"B-blood...?" Sophie questioned, suddenly realizing how bad the situation actually was. Eugene didn't seem like the type to get into a fight...what had gone on while he was away? Sophie jumped slightly at the sound of the head butler's voice, having momentarily been lost in thought. "Yes sir!" She quickly replied, then turned back to Esmelda. "It will be ok.~" Sophie comforted, and smiled warmly ( despite being terribly worried herself). "I'll go get the doctor, ok? Everything will be fine once we get the crew together." Sophie said with confidence. She had seen the doctor a little earlier while sweeping the halls. The two had nodded to one another, and the doctor mentioned checking on Darline. Sophie hoped the girl was feeling better...she hadn't looked so good the last time she stopped by. Sophie placed the other two flashlights on a shelf, just in case someone else in the area might need one. She then scurried off toward the west wing.

"Doctor!" Sophie exclaimed upon reaching Darline's room. "Eugene is hurt..." She quickly explained. "I'm not sure exactly what happened, but, he's bleeding...Noelle suggested all mansion staff go to the main entrance hall, which is also where Eugene is." Sophie glanced at Darline, only causing herself to worry more. Would she be ok without the doctor...? She looked to Steelna then. "Steelna, maybe you could stay with Darline..?" Sophie suggested. It didn't look as though the girl would be able to come with them, and she certainly didn't want her to be all alone in this situation.

Hasabushi

Reggie nearly jumped out of his skin when Sophie came bursting into the room.

"Doctor!" Sophie exclaimed upon reaching Darline's room. "Eugene is hurt..." She quickly explained. "I'm not sure exactly what happened, but, he's bleeding...Noelle suggested all mansion staff go to the main entrance hall, which is also where Eugene is."
Reg took in a deep breath and put his index finger to his lips, trying to quite the very excited girl. "Eugene, the servant boy?". He immediately began to mentally prepare for what he might find. Grabbing his doctors bag he turned to Steelna and gave her a brief nod. "Lets go Sophie.."

Reggie ran into the room, he was breathing heavy as he had bolted from the west wing to here. "Where is the boy?" is all he said as he looked for where the young servant may be. A few moments later he found Eugene lying on a couch his cloak covered in blood. The boy was pale white almost ghostly looking, he had lost a lot of blood. Quickly he took Eugene's pulse it was almost non-existent, he then checked his heartbeat it was slow but still beating. Opening his bag he pulled out his penlite, he opened Eugenes lids and flashed the light into them, there was no response...

"Sophie I need your help, I need gauze from the main storage, its behind the toilet paper and towels, small container silver in color.", before waiting for her to answer he pulled Eugenes cloak off....

QuoteDiagnose injury
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]

If Successful - treat injury
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 10 + 4, total 14[/blockquote]

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:30 PM

Sebastion
As you start attempting to close the gate, even though the lock was released, you realized that it wasn't something you could have easily pushed away. If you wanted to, you could attempt to more forcefully close the gate. Though, without the mechanisms to hold it in place, it can still be pushed.

Those looking at Eugene
The wounds were deep. You see blood still dripping from his body, and soaking his dark cloak even darker.

[spoiler]Sending private messages for things that are only particular to a specific player. I'll post publicly if I don't mind letting other players know about them. Or things that everyone should know. It is preferred that you somehow incorporate what I send in private messages into your posts.

CharacterStatusFreeform ExpExperienceAP Points LeftItems UsedNotes
SebastionCold and wet?0/10006
NoelleWet00/10006
Reginald?0/10006Medical Kit (1)

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

From the window, for anyone watching out of it, you see Sebastian running full speed toward the mansion, in a much less composed manner than you felt he should be. Zat...zat vasn't...no, but zen vat?...Lord above, keep us safe...from...from vatever zat vas...
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:35 PM

Sebastion
The trek back to the mansion was hard as the wind and rain buffeted you in every direction, but you made as much haste as you possibly can. The time spent outside the mansion in the heavy storm took its toll on you. You look a bit more pale than usual. Your limbs started to feel heavy, though you still managed to reach the mansion.

[spoiler]

CharacterStatusFreeform ExpExperienceAP Points LeftItems UsedNotes
SebastionCold and wet?0/10006
NoelleWet00/10006
Reginald?0/10006Medical Kit (1)
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Sebastian bursts through the door, panting and drenched by the rain. This meant nothing to him in his adrenaline-driven state as he pivots quickly, slamming and locking the door. He peers out the window, watching desperately.

"I...I tink I saw vat ze gunshots vere for...vell not really saw, but saw enough." He turns to look at Jared. "Ve need arms, Jared. Fast. Vatever it vas, it vasn't human." He looks back out the window, "Ve need zem before it gets here..."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Hasabushi

Reggie was shocked by what he saw, the boys injuries were from sort of animal and they were deep there was also some sort of smell and discoloration of the skin around the bites. He worked fervently to stop the bleeding and did so with some success. The wounds closed, he sutured them using the catgut in his kit. It was odd as he put in the stitches, the skin was almost necrotic looking, something he normally only saw in cadavers. At the moment it wasn't his major concern, as Eugene had lost a lot of blood, since he didn't know his blood type he would have to be rushed to the hospital in town or he may not survive the night.

The slamming of the door took his attention briefly off the dire situation before, he saw Sebastion enter the hall his face pale and his butlers outfit was drenched from head to toe. "My God man, what the hell happened?"

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:37 PM

The heavy doors of the estate slammed as Sebastion closed them. The head butler stared at Sebastion incredulously. His gaze echoing the doctor's same sentiments. Before Sebastion had a chance to reply however, Jared strode over towards the other butler, his eyes fiery.

"You have the nerve to spout nonsense to attempt to cause some chaos when we have one of our own injured and near death? The butlers of the Jameson Estate have always been a mark of pride, but [/i]you Sebastion are very close to compromising that." The older man spoke firmly. He made a sweeping gesture towards Eugene. "Look at him Sebastion. We have enough to worry about."