Creating Your Character

Started by Throndir, May 02, 2012, 10:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Please use the same format for characters in the Silver Arms roleplay. Use Kazamatta's Talmite's, or Hasabushi's Teb's character sheet as a basis since it's the latest revisions. Fear not though, I'll eventually go over each of the characters and format them to the exact way I want them to be. But less work for me is good too!

If the instructions below seem a bit too complex, just follow them to do the best of your abilities. I'll do the rest. :)

Post your character sheets here (There's also a sample character sheet in there):
http://forum.fantasyworldcreations.com/characters-63/

I'll go over the general steps of creating a character.

1) Choose a base class:
The Strong Hero: Powerful and good at combat, the strong hero typically relies on a high strength score.
The Fast Hero: Quick and nimble, the fast hero typically relies on a high dexterity score.
The Tough Hero: Able to shrug off the most damage, the tough hero typically relies on a high constitution score.
The Smart Hero: Brilliant and skillful, the smart hero typically relies on a high intelligence score.
The Dedicated Hero: Strong willed and alert, the dedicated hero typically relies on a high wisdom score.
The Charismatic Hero: As charming smooth talkers, charismatic heroes typically rely on high charisma scores.

Specific details on them can be found here:
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/basicclasses.html

2) Choose an occupation (Note these aren't final, I'm still modifying them to make each occupation more unique). Also I'm placing a limit of at most 2 players for a particular occuptaion. This way there'll be variation.
Maid
Prerequisite: None
Skills: Choose three of the following skills are permanent class skills. If a skill you select is already a class skill, you receive a +1 competence bonus on checks using that skill.
Balance, Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Handle Animal, Repair, Sleight of Hand
Bonus Feat:
Nimble (+2 Escape Artist, +2 Sleight of Hand)
Wealth Bonus Increase: +1
Starting Equipment:
Maid uniform (hairband, outfit, shoes, gloves)
Broom
Room keys
Gloves
Duster
Special:

Butler
Skills: Choose three of the following skills are permanent class skills. If a skill you select is already a class skill, you receive a +1 competence bonus on checks using that skill.
Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Drive, Gather Information, Tumble
Bonus Feat:
Dodge (+1 defense bonus on one opponent)
Acrobatic (+2 Jump, +2 Tumble)
Wealth Bonus Increase: +2
Starting Equipment:
Butler outfit (outfit, shoes, gloves)
Pocket watch
Cloth napkin
First aid kit (10)
Special:

Gardener
Balance, Climb, Drive, Handle Animal, Repair, Ride, Survival, Swim
Bonus Feat:
Weapon focus (shovel)
Toughness (+3 HP)
Wealth Bonus Increase: +1`
Starting Equipment:
Shed keys
Toolbox keys
Gloves
Jameson family shears (Boltcutter)
Flashlight
Sleeping bag
Special:

Chef
Balance, Concentration, Intimidate, Knowledge(Streetwise), Profession, Search, Spot
Bonus Feat:
Weapon focus (butcher knife)
Meticulous (+2 Forgery, +2 Search)
Craft (food)
Wealth Bonus Increase: +2
Starting Equipment:
Kitchen keys
Chef's uniform (hat, outfit)
Special:
Food created gives 20% more nutrition.

Doctor
Craft (pharmaceutical), Computer Use, Knowledge (behavioral sciences, earth and life scieces, or technology), Search, Treat Injury
Bonus Feat:
Medical Expert (+2 Craft (pharmaceutical), +2 Treat Injury)
Wealth Bonus Increase: +4
Starting Equipment:
First aid kit (10)
Medical kit
Surgery kit
Pharmacist kit
Briefcase
Stethoscope
Gloves
Special:

Custom Occupation
If you so like to, you can suggest a custom occupation. However there needs to be a good reason for that occupation to be hired. There are already some other occupations I thought of but decided to reject.

3) Roll your ability points.
Use the dice roller found on the left, or the [roll] tags. The dice roll for each of the 6 stats should be: 2d4+6. To do the roll, and if you're using the site's built-in dice roller. Make sure the numbers are like the image below and click on d4 just once. If you don't like the results, hit Clear, then redo it.

After that's done, tell me which ability your character will focus on the most, and what ability will be focused on secondly for a small ability bonus/other bonuses I'll add to the character sheet.

4) Choose skills as dictated by your class. The number of skill points for you to spend is also dictated by your class.
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/skillsorder.html

5) Select two feats. I can accept any feat, custom built or official ones. If it's custom though, I'll have to approve it.
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/featorder.html

7) Optional: You may choose up to two Traits, and up to one Flaw. Traits and Flaws, use the same links I provided for the SA. Or google. I have to approve your chosen traits/flaws, as not all of them can be applicable for this RP's setting.
http://forum.fantasyworldcreations.com/resources/(dungeon-master)-traits-flaws-merits/

8) Choose any and all items you have with on your character's body along with the items predetermined by the occupation. You may also note a list of personal effects that your character took with them to both work and live on the Jameson estate.

9) Add other information you may want to include. Background, history, family, alignment, how he/she came to be hired, past, etc. Remember, the more detailed it is, the more realistic it is, and that's always a plus! :) You can be creative; I'm attempting to make this RP to be a lot more flexible and freeform. (Of course will still stay in the bounds of something D20-ish).

10) Wait. Unfortunately I'll have to do plenty of reading and writing for this RP. And also to plot out the current ideas I already have as well as research and think of other encounters to add. Horror writing isn't really my strong point, but I'm taking this as a learning opportunity too. Two weeks or more. I don't think we're in any rush.

Hasabushi

Skills: Choose from the following: Computer Use,Climb,Gamble,Investigate,Navigate,
Research,Ride(Equesterian),Survival(Urban),Bluff,Drive,Combat Martial Arts

Bonus Feats:
Gearhead (+2)
Educated (Knowledge (Current Events,Technology))
Wealth Bounus Increase +2

Starting Equipment:
Outfit (Hawiian Shirt, kaki pants, hiking shoes)
Cellphone (not charged)
Keys (car)
Pocket Knife
Digital Camera

Special:

Why play a tourist?
The tourist is well rounded in several skills having traveled the world and then some, he is
young and has experienced much though she really only has time to dabble never really excelling in
any one area.