[IC] The sewers are...TOO clean?

Started by Linwelin, January 14, 2016, 10:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Intro Thread

Whether you had been eager, curious, or chewing the head guard's face off, you made it to the sewer drain in question outside the town in a few hours. It seemed just like an ordinary drain. With one exception; as stated, the water flow from the sewer, as well as traces of any refuse were non-existent. Except for the moss and regular, natural build up, it was like it had never seen use. Whatever was causing it, there were no hints or traces out here.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Ryine waved to the Guild members as he pointed towards the open sewers. He drew Eclipse and spoke. "Alright we're looking for some people that have gone missing in this apparently magical sewer. Let's be careful down there, and get to the source of the problem." He paused a moment, and then spoke again briefly. "Eclipse, Light up." His massive sword began to shine with the light of a torch, as he climbed into the sewers.

"I'll take point if nobody else wants to." He called up to the rest of the party as he was climbing down. After his feet were on the ground again, he took a look around, his eyes adjusting to the dimmer light.

[spoiler]
Perception check to examine things, if needed.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 14 + 7, total 21[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

Nombliln reaches for the lantern on his belt and turns is on. You are better suited to be a point man then me. I will probably be better suited to be in the middle of the pack.

As Nombliln's feet hit the ground after climbing down the ladder and looked around the sewers. "Wow these sewers really are immaculately cleaned. At least we wont have to worry as much about slipping on all the normal build up a sewer would have.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Nyuko Nyun

The big human attempted to take the lead. But it was a human. And this place was dark. Nyuko grumbled under his breath. Eve since the young cat boy had joined the guild, Nyuko had always felt he hadn't proven himself to anyone. It was worse when his sister, would make light of him even though he did try. But why is a human taking the lead for dark places?

Nyuko tugged on Ryine's shirt. It was true, his eyes weren't as sharp as his sister's in places of dim-light, but in exchange he had a keen sense of smell.

"Let me leadnya!" Nyuko asked, a lot more impatient than he intended.

QuotePerception and moving forward. Stop for anything out of the ordinary!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 5 + 8, total 13[/blockquote]

Linwelin

You all began to slowly pile into the sewers, with Ryine taking point and Nyuko at the edge of the lighted area as a scout. As Nombliln said, the sewers looked as clean as if they had been mopped, though the dank, drafty air and dripping sounds still remained as expected. Other than the cleanliness, there were no abnormal signs within vision. The path led straight ahead from where you had climbed down.

Nyuko
Due to your position, and ability to see in the dark, you could see that there was a wall up ahead, which looked to split to the left and right. Other than that there was nothing note-worthy as well.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Wolfrin Fenris

Kynnstitia Arch-Warden

As soon as Kynnstitia's boots made their first splash in the water she had her pick drawn and her shield strapped. She'd learned long ago to always be prepared. Atleast it doesn't stink, She thought to herself. Although atleast if it had that would have been some semblance of normality. Not much had been said since the group had gathered at the sewer entrance, and no one had tried to talk to her directly. After the way she blew up on that poor guard captain, she wasn't really surprised. But really, the man should have known better than to ask her that. She was content with the silence though, as long as they didn't stare at her or act uncomfortable around her. She felt uncomfortable enough without that thrown in.

She didn't even speak up when the others began arguing about who should have point. She'd been raised in the military, trained to become a leader all her life. But speaking up would have brought attention to her, and the looks, and avoiding that was exactly why she was ankle deep in a sewer. So she took up a position at the rear of the group, ears, or what passed for them now, listening for the smallest hint of what was to come.

[spoiler]Perception roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 11 - 1, total 10[/blockquote][/spoiler]
BEEP

Nyuko Nyun

"Look's the same to me-nyu?" He glanced towards the others behind him.

QuoteNyuko will choose a random direction, unless anyone else in the party has a different idea.

Oath

Ryine didn't understand why such a small man would want to take the lead, but he wouldn't be far behind if anything happened. He shrugged, looking at the path splitting off. "Doesn't seem like there's much of a difference between the two. But whatever we do, we should stick together. Don't want to spread out and get lost wandering around this place." Ryine drew Eclipse, just in case there was anything lurking within. If nothing else, Ryine was glad that he hadn't caught sight of any doors. They were already his greatest enemy, and had no place in a sewer. "If nobody has a preference, I'm content with Nyuko choosing the way." He glanced quickly at the others, and then back down the split path.

Linwelin

Nyuko
You head down the tunnel to the right. The hallway seems to extend past the extent of your vision, and you don't smell anything that a sewer shouldn't smell like. The walls look the same, but the hallways is a lot more compact than the room you were just in. You would estimate that it's about 10 x 10 feet. Now that you were away from the entrance, it was notably draftier, and the cold, damp stones around you didn't seem to help that change. In short, it was a perfectly normal sewer, albeit one that did not look to be used much.

Kynnstitia
You cannot hear anything abnormal, but you see the cat folk disappear around the corner to the right.

Ryine
You follow Nyuko to the right, and also do not see anything out of the ordinary.

Nombliln
You see Ryine and Nyuko head around the right corner, but Kynnstitia is still in view.

QuoteRyine and Nyuko are just around the corner, with Nyuko at the edge of the light Ryine was shining, Kynn and Nombliln are just behind them, but still not quite in the hallway.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

InhumanRonin

Nombliln realized he was going to get left behind if he continued to just stand around and immediately started to catch up with the cat folk and the rest of the group. "This is one of the last places I want to be left behind I better hurry" Nombliln thought to himself

[spoiler]Perception Roll stop if anything is out of place [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 13 + 8, total 21[/blockquote][/spoiler]

GG - Henon     

Nyuko Nyun

QuoteNyuko continues to keep going.

[blockquote]Perception 1d20+8 : 2 + 8, total 10[/blockquote]

Oath

Ryine follows the cat boy, blade still at the ready in case of trouble. He motioned behind him to the others to follow, while keeping an eye out for any threats or traps.

[spoiler]
[info]
Ryine does perception! [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18[/blockquote]
[/info][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Nyuko

Peering down the halls, you once again decided it seemed clear, and ventured forward. Something did bother your nose for a split second at around 70 feet into the hallway, but you were quickly given the answer as your face and body plunged into a wall of ooze, getting sucked further into whatever it was. You were forced to hold your breath, and watched as the floor moved below you slowly as you seemed to float above it in the ooze. Within moments, you began feeling a burning and tingling sensation.

[error]Nyuko takes 2 damage as he is singed by acid.
Nyuko is without air, and will begin to suffocate in 4 rounds. If you make a full or standard action, you use up an extra round.[/error]
[info]Nyuko to roll Fortitude save.[/info]

Ryine, and soon after, everyone else

You watch as Nyuko heads forward at the edge of the light, when suddenly the torch causes the air to glisten. As you're about to warn Nyuko to hold up, he is suddenly engulfed by the wall of what appears to be ooze, which promptly changes from transparent to translucent when it begins moving toward you. You see a thick wall of ooze stretching throughout the entire width and height of the hallway, leaving no space on either of its sides. It was now around 20 feet from you.

[info]Everyone, including Nyuko, roll initiative.

Notes on environment: Ryine is 40 feet into the hall, with Kynn and Nombliln behind him. The hallway is 10 feet wide and tall. You cannot tell how thick the ooze is, but it completely blocks to passageway.[/info]

[spoiler]Actions:
Ambushed! Ooze engulfs Nyuko and moves within 20 feet of Ryine.

Damage:
Nyuko: 42/44, Pinned, 4 rounds until out of breath
Ryine: 68/68
Kynnstitia: 31/31
Nombliln: 35/35

Ooze thingy: 0

Turn Order:
TBD
[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

Ryine sees Nyuko swallowed up by the slimey monster. "NYUKO! I'LL SAVE YOU!" He charges towards the slime, swinging his sword.

[spoiler][Info]Ryine charges. Have him do this at his place in the turn order.

Roll for Initiative: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 11 + 6, total 17[/blockquote]

Attack roll with great sword: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+16 : 2 + 16, total 18[/blockquote]

Damage, if hit. [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+20 : 2, 6, 2 + 20, total 30[/blockquote]
Fire damage: [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

-2 to Ryine's AC, so 17 AC until next turn.
[/info][/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

Nombliln catches up to the group soon enough only to notice that Nyuko had been engulfed by a slimey creature. "Hey you let him out right now! or you will regret it." It was at this point Nombliln reaches for his bow and notches an arrow.

[spoiler]Initiative [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 10 + 3, total 13[/blockquote]
Attack Roll for bow attack [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 18 + 8, total 26[/blockquote]
If Hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 3 + 1, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

GG - Henon