A nights pursuit: Part 1

Started by Hasabushi, September 01, 2014, 12:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Secondary mutation roll
[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 79, total 79[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Your hands grow large and you feel a rush of adrenaline as the two thugs approach close to your position, but they seem to abruptly stop about an inch or so before they round the dumpster. You hear a clicking sound followed by the strong scent of burning tobacco.

Guard One: "Ahh, been wanting to do this all night... that hag is driving me crazy."
Guard Two: "Tell me about it.. and what's so important about this shipment. They are working us like slave drivers."
Guard One: "I don't know, but I'm seriously considering a career change, possibly something in accounting!"

The other guard laughs for a moment,"You serious?"
Guard Two:"Nah hell no, won't see me a behind a desk. Not for the money they pay me here."

Radio comes to life, "Delta one where the frick are you guys!"
Guard One: "Just checking out the other side of the yard Mam!"
Voice on Radio: "Get the hell back over here this shipment has to go out tonight,and put out the damn cigarette, I can see you from here!"
Guard One:"Yes, yes Mam. We are in route now, out."
Guard Two:"Told you she's a hag."
Guard One:"Yep, back to the grind..."

The first guard drops the cigarette and crushes it with his foot, you hear the sound of cursing and then two sets of feet walking away as their boots strike the asphalt...

Mysticsage

[spoiler]
QuoteCURRENT STATUS:

[DAMAGE]
SCT   back of right leg
DMG   bruised (16%)
ERT   1 day
MND   frustrated

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO   0
VILLAIN   0
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]you said earlier that they seem to be unloading something ya or did you change your mind? If they are loading into the truck then i'm gonna try sneaking closer to the front.[/spoiler]
Trying his best not to look at his hands and to focus on the task at hands he could steel feel tingling he breathed outward relaxing slighlty. Now all he had to do was to sneak around the corner and into the building that they were all faced. With any luck everyone involved would be able to run into whatever building they were going into.

stealth check
[spoiler] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/spoiler]

If any of them got to close he would strike out from the sadows and use these new fists as best he could. He then begins to crouch run towards whatever light was in the building.

Hasabushi

[spoiler]Actually they are unloading the truck to be able to make the shipment. :)[/spoiler]
Weather: The rain has slowed to a drizzle, but there is still a chill in the air

You easily make it to the far side of the main loading yard, however the shadows end where you are, leaving you visible if you go any further.
You have a few options at this point:

• Take a chance of sprinting across the the rest of the yard area and making to the main doors of the warehouse ( (DC 10) with a -5 on concealment and staying hidden).
  • move along the far fence that leads directly to the left side of the warehouse ((DC-5)).
  • Find the nearest guard that is alone and take them out quickly (requires two rolls one for sneaking (DC 5) and one for take-down(DC 5))
  • Stand around and see what happens.

[spoiler]Just some quick hints on how close combat works in HeroSRPG:
There are four active states that a character can be in during combat.

• Alert- Aware of surroundings and actively looking for signs of danger.
  • Stunned - A brief state of being unable to respond aggressively, though you can defend yourself from successive hits.
  • Incapacitated - Knocked out, no serious or life threatening bodily injuries. Cannot defend yourself.
  • Wounded - Cannot fight and is actively in danger due to wounds or trauma.

You have to roll higher than the defenders Difficulty Rating (DC) this is just for the initial hit.
If you hit, the character is considered stunned and opened to another blow or take-down.

• This requires another roll but the DC will be much lower (5 points lower normally) since your opponent is stunned.
  • A take-down is a one or two hit knockout move that incapacitates the opponent, or pins them in some way that prevents movement.

If you miss, the defender then becomes the attacker

However the GM at anytime can do a silent roll, based off the defenders skills, which has a 5% chance of being successful, this is called a 'wake from stun'.[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

He would have to risk the stealthy approach. He did not have the armor, nor  the confidence to try and taking out six guys with guns on his own. His hands would be a dead give away if he was able to disguise himself. Or once he took out one or two they would try escaping with their cargo.

Whoever they were supposed to come and pick up this shipment would no doubt hear the fighting and come to check it out. He would have to try and get into the warehouse undetected. Perhaps he could even throw a pebble or something from his pocket in the opposite direction to distract them if even for a moment.

Finding some coin or something in his pocket he went about tossing it at the far wall. Then from his spot at the edge of the shadow he made a mad dash to the warehouse.

[spoiler]simple distraction
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14

Stealth
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2
[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

You hurl the coin with relative ease, it strikes a nearby oil drum, making a rather loud and obnoxious noise as it clangs against the contents inside. With breakneck speed you head across the courtyard, but halfway into your run, you trip and sprawl head over heels. Your shoulder clashes against the concrete as you attempt to recover from the fall...

Roll 1D20 with a DC:8 to try and recover from your sprawl..

Mysticsage

[spoiler=roll to get of my ass][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

"What i remember from the post you made."

Matt scrambled up from his fall with a roll and booked it to the light of the warehouse as while keeping to as close of the ground as possible. Once in side the light of the building he rounded the corner and came face to face with a guard who had yet to notice his presence because he was busy texting away at his phone he had a few seconds to act before the guard realized what was going on.

Hasabushi

Yeah that was right mostly :D I guess i should say "Time up" lol

Matt scrambled up from his fall with a roll and booked it to the light of the warehouse as while keeping to as close of the ground as possible. Once in side the light of the building he rounded the corner and came face to face with a guard who had yet to notice his presence because he was busy texting away at his phone he had a few seconds to act before the guard realized what was going on.

Mysticsage

Matt covered the guy's mouth quickly before sticking his taser in his side and attempting to drag the man's twitching form into hiding. IF he could act fast enough and not let this guy make a sound then he might still be in the clear. If he did get caught now he had no doubt that would end up riddle d with bullets. His heart felt like it was beating in his throat, his hands clammy with sweat. Tonight was really not his night things seemed to be going from bad to worse at every turn. "NOT the time, Not the time to think about your impending death right now. Or the fact that your body is mutating out of your control."

He acted in a few seconds that felt like it took monthes
[spoiler]
to silently taze and drag the guard to hide
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Hasabushi

The guard struggled for a moment and then his body erupted into violent spasms as the taser came alive the sell phone still tight in his tensed hand. After a few moments his body responded  with slight twitches here and there. Dragging the body you successfully remove it from site..

You are back where you started in the warehouse, currently you see no guards and the way appears to be clear.

Mysticsage

So with the space clear as Matt stole the guards jacket and cap and began walking around sticking to the shadows to see if he could make out what the goons were unloading without being seen. The jacket was no doubt a bit large on him but he figured that if he kept to the background he doubted people would give him a second look. He began walking through the warehouse looking for some out of place creates ect.
[info]
Acting/Disguise/stealth roll
wants to not be noticed
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]

Perception check fo things of interest and the general layout of the space
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

rerolling perception for five likes
[info][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote][/info]

Hasabushi

Dressed as a guard you stay as inconspicuous as possible. As you survey the area you several large crates on one wall, men enter and exit from a large metal gate that extends width-wise across the back of the warehouse.  Men enter the room from the gate loading and unloading then carrying the now empty crates back out the way they came. One guard appears to be eyeing you, you're not sure why...

Mysticsage

[info]Quick insight check to see if I can get a read as to why this guy is looking at me

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

[/info]

Matt then trying his best to seem natural and avoid the gaze of the one thug tried to move through the shelves to see if he could follow where ever they were storing the goods from the truck. If he could get a good view of the warehouse layout and whatever these thugs were carrying the better he could inform the cops and get the hell out.

perception test
[info]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote][/info]