A nights pursuit: Part 1

Started by Hasabushi, September 01, 2014, 12:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

The rain pelted against his face as he ran leaping across the alleys that separated the large expanse of buildings one from another. His paced quickened as he built up momentum his mass increasing and decreasing with each leap, essentially giving him the power to control his density allowing him to sore over large thirty foot gaps with relative ease.   

Sirens wailed in the distance as he continued his 'holy' crusade. His prey was not far ahead. He let his anger fuel him as he pressed on. The screams of the woman as the  men assaulted her still echoed in his head, even louder then then the approaching police sirens.

The terror in her eyes as they robbed, beat and would've have raped her had he not dropped into their midst and took out one of the thugs  with a heavy right-cross shattering the assailants jaw. He paid no mind to the damage, barely taking time to reassure the young woman, he once again pursued the reaming two attackers.

Scenario:
You've come to the edge of a large building, having pursued those you seek you can see somewhat down the side of the building. The rain is falling harder making it difficult to see clearly. You do notice several bodies below gathering near a cargo truck...

Mysticsage

Matt tried his best to ignore the swirling nausea feeling in his stomach from the changes that were happening to his body. He the transformations had never happened so fast before as his mind raced and blood pumped wildly through his body. Normally it took hours of  repetitive stimulus before he started to change, but this time was different. He could not just sit still though and let a women be attacked, so now here he was chasing after some thugs wondering what he would do when he found them. He did not even what to think about anything happening tonight becoming permanent to his body. If he stopped to think about what he was doing and the possible consequences he would without a doubt turn back without a second thought.

"So then just don't think till you are home and can check in your journal he mumbled to himself. Every night he has been taking to journaling any his day including what he looked like at the before he tried to fall asleep so he had records of his changes for reference.

His musings were cut short however as he managed to reach a roof where he could see  the two muggers and others gathering around some kind of truck. He stopped crouching low to the ground, now what have you found?" The rain and the dark of the night obscured his senses to much to make out much but it also protected him. If only he could see in the dark or hear what they were saying. He wasn't about to get closer with these kind of odds unless he found out what was going on,
[spoiler],perception roll to try and figure out what is going on below him.
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13

He wants to figure out first how many people he's actually dealing with

If the have any apparent weapons on them

And if possible what is in the truck  [/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Successful roll:

You are able to make out six apparent bodies, two are by the front of the truck, most likely armed, you see the other four approaching the back of the truck they appear to be unloading it. What it is they are unloading you cant exactly tell. You see the thug you were chasing running up to one of the men near the back of the truck, flashlights suddenly light up the area.

LAYOUT:
! = thugs
@ = Matt
#-# = vehicle (truck)
| = wall
~ = water

=========================
+++++++  ##### ++++++++
|                |              |                 |
|     B1       |              |     B2        |
|                |              |                 |
+++++++             ++++++++
#                      !        !            ~~~~
|                       #-#                 ~~~~
#                                            ~~~~
|                   !   !       !             ~~~~
#                           !                ~~~~
++++++++++++++++++++++
|                   @                              |
|                   B3                             |
|                                                    |
++++++++++++++++++++++
=========================

Mysticsage

Matt tried his best to take stock of the situation as he made sense of the area. He didn't like the odds of him going against a group of armed thugs with only his fists. He needed a plan of attack, and to move quick before they finished unloading whatever was in that truck. 

If only he could distract even some of them he would have an easier time taking them out and slowing them down. Then an idea came to him. There was water off to the east that might be deep enough to make a pretty big splash. If he made them look in that direction he might be able to push some of them if he stealthed his way down behind them and knocked them out or at least got their guns to jam.

[spoiler]
If i've down to many rolls just cut off the chain where you think appropriate
Roll to find a hefty piece of debris to throw int the water
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

Roll to throw it into the water to make a loud splash
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

Roll to remain hidden while climbing down behind the guards
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

Roll to climb down
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

Roll to sneak up behind guards
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]

Roll to glance in truck to try and figure out what is inside
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

Roll to knock some heads together or trip as many as he can
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Roll to find a hefty piece of debris to throw int the water
You search the entire rooftop, but only find, ventilation and air conditioning units secured tightly to the roof top.

Roll to throw it into the water to make a loud splash
You attempt to lift one but find that they are secured and bolted down into the roof construction.

The rain is now pelting down, making it even more difficult to see.

Hasabushi

QuoteHow feasible is it to climb down the side of the building?
Climbing down would not be difficult though you would have to make a stealth roll of at least 17 or higher. Since they are on the lookout for something. The rain falling gives you +1 on your roll.

Would throwing  an air conditioner thrown at a guy kill them?
It would most likely kill or incapacitate, if you can manage to rip one of the roof top. Its a DC of 15 to rip it out then a DC of 17 to throw it exactly where you want. or You can just hurl it and see where it lands. Remember the weather is against you at the moment.

In what  direction did i see them unpacking and carrying the goods?
For the brief moment you could see it appeared to be toward the building your on top of, you could make a perception roll but once again you are battling the weather. DC of 12

What does the left side of the map look like?
I'm assuming your meaning pass the fenced in area? If you are then it's just a street, nothing special.

Is the water some kind of harbor from basic knowledge of the city?
Sort of, the water is an inlet from fjord (man made) that runs north south of the city.

Mysticsage

Matt grunted and eventually stopped trying to lift the unit. Trying to rip the thing off it's mounting would no doubt draw undue attention. His best beat really was going to be sneaking down there and tying to act from the shadows. He might be able to even knock out one or two of them without the others noticing. It was a stupid idea and one that might end up with him getting shot, but he was filled with adrenaline and had no idea what to do otherwise. A small voice was screaming in the back of his head as he used a drainage pipe by the fence for balance and began trying to climb down the building that he should just turn tail and run. But it was too late for that now. He began the climb hoping if he went unnoticed that he could sneak around to the front of the truck and take out the two there first.
[spoiler]
did not tamper XD just had to roll a climb check
hidden check (hopefully my abilities will kick in for a plus 1 XD)
Rolled 1d20+1 : 15 + 1, total 16

climb check
Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10
[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

You climb down the side of the building, but find the fire escape has much to be desired, its rickety and badly in need of repair as it creaks and groans as you make your way down. If it weren't for the heavy rain and cracking thunder, your clover would be quickly blown.  A dumpster sits beneath the fire escape about six or seven feet down.

You'll need to make a perception and dexterity roll, to keep hidden.

Mysticsage

Matt hearing the creaks and fearing the thing decides to quickly try and jump down as silently and as nimbly as possible the rest of the way down. Hopefully the storm and some luck would make it almost silent to land behind that dumpster. It was times like these that he wished he had been more athletic growing up. Every since he was a kid he always seemed to like reading books rather then going outside. It was his father's attempts to make him join sports that had kept his eyesight intact. Although he still had a tiny bit of paunch left over still from all those nights eating fast food in the library looking over law books.

[spoiler]
Dexterity check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

Perception check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Conditions: Wet, Cloudy, normal temp

You struggle with last few rungs as they are slippery with the rain, as in earnest you attempt to drop to the city dumpster, below preferably and behind it for better cover.  On the next to last rung you lose you grip and plummet seven feet down. You miss your mark landing half-way on top of the dumpster thankfully it wasn't open, as you attempt to recover the smell of rotten fish and decaying fruits and vegetables assault your senses.

You notice the rain is starting to let up a bit now as you can clearly see flashing torches headed your way scanning the area. Your not sure if they heard your little fiasco or not...

Mysticsage

Hiding against the dumpster to catch his breath he cursed his luck and clumsiness. Not even wanting to breath to loudly for fear of being heard he scrambled on his hands and knees to a shadowy corner of the building right along the fence and out of view using the dumpster for cover. Just in case someone decided they wanted to check out the noise. If he was lucky only one of them would really do any kind of searching.

[spoiler]stealth/hide check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[spoiler]forgot to use the status system this whole time lol, also I'm changing your power use slightly, you have a percentage of a chance to activate your power without stimulation. Simpy roll 1D100 for percentile, higher than 30% per action means a random change occurs.

For a refresher on the status system see:
http://forums.fantasyworldcreations.com/roleplay/chapter-1-the-menace/msg4432/#msg4432
[/spoiler]
QuoteCURRENT STATUS:

[DAMAGE]

SCT back of right leg
DMG bruised (16%)
ERT1 day
MNDfrustrated

[ALIGNMENT]

HERO0
VILLAIN0

[LOCATION]
You are backed up near a high wooden boarded fence, no lights shine where you are, in front of you sits the dumpster slightly tilted to the side and leaning one edge against the building.

[SCENARIO]
You move with little problem, to the edge of the high board fence that blocks the way to the nearby street. The back of your leg hurts slightly, but it's probably from the dance you did with the dumpster. The rain is clearing up slightly as you see two flashlights break up the darkness on the corner not far from where the dumpster now sits. You can make out voices, though what they are saying is broken up by the sound of the rain hitting the pavement. It will be but mere seconds before they round the dumpster and head toward where you are currently...

Mysticsage

"Great Matty just great! You should have just called the damned police and left the thugs alone! Now their going to come round that corner see you and shoot you in the head before you get to blink Idiot!"

Matt continued to mentally berate himself as he stood up against the side of the building as much out of sight as possible within the small space between the wooden fence and the building. Breathing only through his nose he tried to stay as quite as possible.
There was no escape at this point. He could only rely on either the thugs giving up and not checking around the side of the building. If they did though hopefully he could take them out before they could shoot him. He remembered his kickboxing teacher saying to aim for the temple if you wanted to knock someone out quickly. If he could knock their heads together hard enough then maybe he could get them down and behind the wall without being heard. It was really his only hope if he wanted to get out of this.

He could just see it now his corpse found by some fisherman weeks later riddled with bullets and fish bites. "Yummy... Wonder what would happen to the aquatic life that had some of him. Most likely nothing to be honest the sound water is bad enough they probably wouldn't notice the difference."

[spoiler]
Stealth check
Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6

Batman style dual stealth takedown
Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5

May the fates have mercy on me
Mutation roll
Rolled 1d100 : 6, total 6

[spoiler]
Hey Hasa, I'm really kind of struggling on what to do here. As to why it takes me so long to post lol. I would love to chat with you when this fight is over to see what I could have done different if I don't die lol. Just so it is easier to see what things look like from your perspective so I will know how to do my actions better. Otherwise I really don't want you to change what your doing because I made this problem myself not asking sooner and I don't want you to dumb down the rp because I can't rap my head around a good course of action.xD I like the story to much to see you change it.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[spoiler]It's supposed to be brain numbing so you feel the same way your character does  :P. No seriously you simply react to my changes in the environment around you within the limitations set. You are doing just fine, if you want to start a discussion about it just use the OOC thread that way other players can see it put their input in :D. I want to make the game as enjoyable as  possible![/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Rerolls
[spoiler]Stealth check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

Batman style double take down
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Mutation roll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

please don't hate me this time dice XD[/spoiler]